The Who's New Album!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Half of them are dead, so how can it be the Who?

I think Pete is becoming the typical aging rock star: selling his songs for cash, refusing to let go of the past.

Pete broke my heart when he sold parts of Tommy for an allergy medicine, and my favorite song about God to Nissan.

Finally, I would say, finally! I'm mostly happy for Pete, after the scandal where he was involved it's important he comes back to show what he can do best: PLAYING GUITAR!

martha said:
Half of them are dead, so how can it be the Who?

I think Pete is becoming the typical aging rock star: selling his songs for cash, refusing to let go of the past.

Pete broke my heart when he sold parts of Tommy for an allergy medicine, and my favorite song about God to Nissan.

I wasn't happy about it either martha.I saw them play Tommjy at the Filmore East *WOW*

BUT the time he has spent on for instance on putting out his LifeHouse Project which both a radio show etc.....that Who's Next was the original partial remenents
Won't get fooled again/baba O'Reily/The Song is Over/Purte & easy

now when he put out this Life House after finally finishing it after around thirty years............... a lengendary DJ say "it's a shame he has to sell this album by himself......if this was another Era he'd be on the froont cover of major music magazines or newspaper sections..........."

so he made have needed at least of the money gotten from the sales for some of his more expensive projects.......

just a conjecture.....

well.....cool! it's true at last! I hope rioge will be doing some of the vocals...........then other's wise he can't call it a Who Record......

Last edited:
Played at Leeds tonight and reports say that it was bloody fantastic.

Pete Townshend windmills:drool: :drool:

Roger Daltrey mic swings:drool: :drool:

I think i'm going out on a seqioua like limb by saying they could kick coldplay's ass as far as a live show goes, and i like coldplay.

a bit worried about what a new "Who" album could sound like, but I was very pleasantly surprised by the Page/Plant album of all new material, "Walking into Clarksdale", which I feel was better than the last couple Zeppelin albums, and obviously all of Page or Plant's solo work as well.

So you never know. Despite his questionable business decisions (though it's hard to stay remembered, let alone relevant, with no new material for 20 years and sporatic touring), I'm choosing to have faith in Townshend's songwriting gifts, as well as his penchant for experimentation. Plus some killer guitar work.

U.S. tour dates have been annouced!!! Check out thewhotour.com September 25th, United Center:drool: :drool:

I think they have a lot of nerve selling tickets for $77-$202, especially since half of them are dead (RIP). Don't get me wrong, I like The Who, and would see them when they come to town, but I cannot afford the outrageous prices they are charging. They played the Hollywood Bowl just after Entwistle passed away, and then the Greek Theater the next show. I heard that at the latter show, the seats up front were filled, probably with diehard fans and older ones who have the money (or free tix connections). The middle section was basically sparsely filled, and the cheap seats in back were filled. :huh:

Here are the Who's North American tour dates:

September 12: Philadelphia (Wachovia Center)

September 13: Wantagh, N.Y. (Jones Beach)

September 15: Ottawa, Ontario (Scotiabank Place)

September 16: Boston (TD Banknorth Garden)

September 18: New York (Madison Square Garden)

September 21: Holmdel, N.J. (PNC Bank Arts Center)

September 25: Chicago (United Center)

September 29: Auburn Hills, Mich. (Palace of Auburn Hills)

September 30: London, Ontario (Labatt Center)

October 3: Winnipeg, Manitoba (MTS Center)

October 5: Calgary, Alberta (Pengrowrth Saddledome)

October 6: Edmonton, Alberta (Rexall Place)

October 10: Portland, Ore. (Rose Garden)

October 11: Seattle (Key Arena)

November 5: Los Angeles (Hollywood Bowl)

December 4: Toronto (Air Canada Center)

I was lucky enough to first see the Who in Winnipeg in 1976!!!
Tickets were $ 5 and this is when Keith Moon was still drumming.
One of my all time favorite concerts.

Back
Top Bottom