The Who Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tpsglick2424 said:

I wonder what the setlist for Chicago is going to be....I might wear my U2 shirt to that concert:wink:

What about 5:15?

setlist will almost certainly very similar to what they play every other night

I'm going to the Chicago show. Haven't seen the Who before and have to admit that I didn't grow up listening to a lot of their stuff. But I know a little, probably enough to get me by. Hopefully! I could have turned down going but then I thought, "It's the Who." It seemed wrong somehow! :wink:

Okay just got back from the show...

Here's my review...

I had great seats, right by the stage..The concert was amazing until a few songs before the encore...Roger cuts one of their songs short and he talks to Pete and the rest of the band then he goes off stage...He had to go get oxegen...His head and eyes were so fricken puffy..So Pete does his 10 minute rendition of My Generation with a 4 minutes solo...Roger comes back on stage and they play Won't Get Fooled again..At the end of the song you can see Roger hanging on to the mic stand with his head down looking like he's going to pass out...After that they did whatcha micall it song:)|) and roger had a few notes horse and he sounded like he was going to pass out..Then for the final song thy did an acoustic song...

And after all of that (we were parked right next to the stadiums entrance where all the Hawks and Bulls players go into for entrance and there goes an ambulence right pass us down that little shoot of where the band comes out...

I hope he's okay...

Pete deffinently saved the show with his guitar riffs and solos!

tpsglick2424 said:
Okay just got back from the show...

Here's my review...

I had great seats, right by the stage..The concert was amazing until a few songs before the encore...Roger cuts one of their songs short and he talks to Pete and the rest of the band then he goes off stage...He had to go get oxegen...His head and eyes were so fricken puffy..So Pete does his 10 minute rendition of My Generation with a 4 minutes solo...Roger comes back on stage and they play Won't Get Fooled again..At the end of the song you can see Roger hanging on to the mic stand with his head down looking like he's going to pass out...After that they did whatcha micall it song:)|) and roger had a few notes horse and he sounded like he was going to pass out..Then for the final song thy did an acoustic song...

And after all of that (we were parked right next to the stadiums entrance where all the Hawks and Bulls players go into for entrance and there goes an ambulence right pass us down that little shoot of where the band comes out...

I hope he's okay...

Pete deffinently saved the show with his guitar riffs and solos!

I agree with most of what you said

the first half of the show up through roger's difficulties was great, I enjoyed the new songs, and the old ones kicked ass

hope daultry is ok

I'm Ready said:

I agree with most of what you said

the first half of the show up through roger's difficulties was great, I enjoyed the new songs, and the old ones kicked ass

hope daultry is ok

Yeah, but their setlist I think should have been more spread out because they played like 5 of their new songs altogether....

I didn't really enjoy the new songs though but when they played all the originals it was an AMAZING concert...

Anyone get to see the opening act? I saw a little..

For my first time at a Who show, I thought it was great. It was weird that Roger seemed to lose his voice and then came back and it sounded just fine. We were up in the 300 level in the back, so I can't say anything about how he looked up close though. But I had a great time. :)

tpsglick2424 said:

Yeah, but their setlist I think should have been more spread out because they played like 5 of their new songs altogether....

I didn't really enjoy the new songs though but when they played all the originals it was an AMAZING concert...

Anyone get to see the opening act? I saw a little..

the opening act (Mo) put me to sleep, so they sucked

anyways I enjoyed the new songs a lot, I was even a little upset that the crowd didn't enjoy them as much as I did.

With the hits I thought Baba O Reily blew away everything as the best performance, and a couple others were good, but on some songs (amazing journey specifically) I felt like Zak Starkey wasn't pushing the song along with the same energy that keith did, and it really changed the effect the song has (for the worse)

still a great show though

Mo I think sucked too...I mean they're the Who, can't they get a better band?

Zak Starkey I agree wasn't Keith at all but there isnt ever going to be a drummer like Keith at all..But I do think Zak did a good enough job to stay in the who and I did think he was a great drummer..

I actually sat down when they played the new stuff:| :| :|

I was there as well last night. My first Who concert and wow, it was amazing. After Roger left, Pete just turned around and said something to the band and then launched into My Generation. Seeing him sing that was amazing, he never sings that! His guitar was on fire, seeing him rip through solos. I can't imagine what he was like in 1970. After Roger came back, they tore through 'Won't Get Fooled Again' and really lit up the place. Roger's scream at the end of WGFA was amazing, that was definetly that high point of the show for me. The energy was amazing all the way through the Tommy set. The new stuff was good, more good than bad, imho. They ended with a new song, 'Tea and Theatre', an acoustic ballad, just Pete and Roger up there, no longer the immortal force they once were. But after seeing them play that last tune, it didn't matter.

Will you have some tea,
At the theater with me?
We did it all, didn’t we?
Jumped every wall,
Instinctively.
Unravaled codes,
Ingeniously
Wired all the roads,
So seamlessly.
We made it work,
But one of us failed.
That makes it so sad,
A great dream derailed.
One of us gone
One of us mad
One of us--me,
All of us sad.
All of us sad.
Lean on my shoulder now
The story is done
It’s getting colder now.
A thousand songs
Still smolder now.
We made them as one,
We’re older now.
All of us sad,
All of us free.
Before we walk from the stage
Two of us…
Will you have some tea,
Will you have some tea,
At the theater with me?

I just got back from the Hollywood Bowl show. I'm so glad I went. I just loved these guys back then and I still do. I listened to the Who back in the day as much or maybe more than I listen to U2 now.

We didn't get Relay, but it was still a good show. Pete finally found his fingers during a nice long Woodstocky version of My Generation. Their energy level isn't what it once was, but neither is mine.

I first saw them 26 years ago at the LA Sports Arena. They were so loud it caused me physical pain. This show tonight wasn't that show, but I loved it anyway. :love:

Could you tell if there were many people selling tickets out front? There were a ton of expensive ones on ebay that I'm guessing were going to have to be dumped off tonight... Hubby may try tomorrow

Tickets go on sale for this San Diego show:

March 1
iPayOne Center at the
Sports Arena
Presale Password: wireandglass
Start: Thursday, 11/16/06 10:00 AM
End: Friday, 11/17/06 12:00 PM

Lila64 said:
Tickets go on sale for this San Diego show:

March 1
iPayOne Center at the
Sports Arena
Presale Password: wireandglass
Start: Thursday, 11/16/06 10:00 AM
End: Friday, 11/17/06 12:00 PM

glad I am not living in San Diego anymore.. ugh...

This venue sucks!!!!!!! the acoustics are terrible..:mad: This place is so old.. they need to tear it down and build something new with decent acoustics..

Back
Top Bottom