The Who Release...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cujo

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Live At The Royal Albert Hall on CD.

This is a decent collection of Who material, from a collaborative performance with various big acts of recent fame. All the classic tunes are there... and it's great to see that they can still pump out the best friggin Electric R&B out there. The DVD has already been for sale a while, I'm not sure if there are any extra tracks on it... but if you're a Who fan like meself, check her out.

:up:

The Who: Live At The Royal Albert Hall

Last edited:
:yes: Acoustic Drowned???????? :faint:

I only have the Secret Policeman's Ball accoustic version of Drowned on vinyl.

I may have to get this record just for that. When is it released again?

Accoustic or acoustic?????

I hate it when I can't spell. :mad: :mad:

Acoustic.

The web site says it is released today... but the description leads me to believe that it is still on pre-order.

The date says 7-01-03, which would be today... and Tuesdays are North American release dates, so that makes sense.

Check your local vendor.

I love the contradiction that is the Who.

In my opinion they were the first real punk band ever... if you closely look at the lyrics to their greatest songs, they deliver a degree of satire towards relationships and society that not many bands have been able to achieve. Full of angst and utopian ideas, and hope that music can be a beacon of union... I love this band.

We don't need to be forgiven... .

Cue mandatory Roger scream.

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

:sexywink:

:drool: roger daltry :drool:

I love The Who, and I have my dad to thank for that. I'm so glad he made sure I got a proper musical upbringing! :) :) :)

It's been reported that the remaining members have gone back into the studio, to finish an album that they had been working on shortly before Entwhistle's death. Finally, new Who material!

Possible titles:

Who are we kidding?

Impotence Front.

Who are you? I'm serious, I forget.

Shuffle Board Wizard.

:up:The Who:up:

cujo said:
It's been reported that the remaining members have gone back into the studio, to finish an album that they had been working on shortly before Entwhistle's death.

Oh man, I hope not! :no:

It's time for Pete and Roger to learn to invest more wisely and call it quits! It's over boys! When half the band's dead, IT'S OVER!

I wouldn't mind new Daltry/Townsend material unless they release it under "The Who." I know that sounds silly since they're still touring as the Who, but it'd just seems wrong somehow..

Yes, they should travel as Lifehouse, their old pet-project's name.

What, that's taken?

Who would dare?

:mad:

martha said:
What IS that connection, anyway?

I don't think there is one. That band couldn't navigate itself through Walmart without those "you are here" signs. So they definitely wouldn't know Quadrophenia from hypothermia.

If they did, it would be cool. But sad at the same time.

Has anyone purchased Pete Townshend's Lifehouse Elements? It's a great collection... sort of what Who's Next was supposed to be in Pete's ultimate vision.

Also, the 2 Disc Ultimate Who Collection is wicked sweet ass.

That's the highest rating on my sweet ass scale :up:

I agree cujo. Wicked sweet ass. I'm listening to it right now as a matter o'fact. :wink:

That is also wicked sweet ass. As a matter of fact, so is this thread.

I thank all 5 of you for reading it :up:

As for the rest :down:

Here comes Keith he's gonna bleedin hit you with a snare. If you're lucky.

Squeeze Box!

There's definitely not enough Who love on this forum.

It's time for a Who huddle.

:mad:

The party on the left is now parting on the right. My sentiments exactly.

:down:

cujo said:
There's definitely not enough Who love on this forum.

It's time for a Who huddle.

I agree. :yes:

Isn't there someone named pinball wizard who posts in interland? He/she should join the who huddle.

martha, I'm not familiar with Who Came First. I know it's a Pete Townshend solo album, but I couldn't tell ya any more than that. (Bad Who fan! BAD!) I'll have to check that one out. :wink:

I love Pete's solo work. Empty Glass may be one of my all-time fave records, and Rough Mix, with Ronnie Lane, is in my top two all-time faves. :heart:

PS Who Came First is hard to find. I think it's out of print. :sad:

Last edited:
It is possible.

I do have the majority of the songs downloaded and burned on a CD, but I'm sure there are others (maybe one or two :sexywink: ) who would appreciate a copy.

I've been ready all my life.

There are no lame questions.

Only lame bands who make lame songs.

My Love is Vengeance.

I don't know what that means, but random Who quotes are what I'm all about.

I'm sorry, but I couldn't post in here without properly equipping my signature. Welcome Pete to the fold.

He was liberated from the fold that's all!

Who's Next?

:wave:

That rules :up:

See me, Hear me, Touch me, Feel me.

Back
Top Bottom