The Who - Live At Leeds...the best live album ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
The Who were never a favorite of mine, but damn can they play! :drool: Live At Leeds is the ultimate live album, and probably the Who's best album.

I feel bad for all of those who haven't updated to the deluxe edition, as it is the Who as its best, with a complete version of Tommy included. :up:

This is how all live albums should be; stripped to nothing but rock at its best, with each performance rendering the previous studio version of the song obsolete. :yes: If it weren't for the fact that the performance of Tommy here is 20 minutes shorter than the album version and that several songs are missing, I would tell everyone to just ignore the original version of Tommy and stick with this, because the vast majority of it is far superior.

And the crown of it is A Quick One, which is my favorite Who song live, and the version here is my second favorite (the best being the Rock N' Roll Circus version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hXB3DIF2Eo )

Buy this album if you don't have it. Now.

http://www.amazon.com/Live-At-Leeds..._bbs_sr_1/002-7237612-3276009?ie=UTF8&s=music

I'd completely agree with you were it not for Talking Heads' Stop Making Sense.

The album. Which is really a soundtrack for the film. Which was really a live album. Yeah.

Lancemc said:
The album. Which is really a soundtrack for the film. Which was really a live album. Yeah.

I don't think the original version of SMS can be compared fairly with deluxe Live At Leeds (due to the difference in length), but perhaps the special expanded edition could be... :hmm:

I recall an interview with Bono where he said that The Who simply had a "weight" as a live act that very few other bands possessed. Their energy level on stage has always been incredible, and it still was when I saw them last September.

I agree, if they played cousin kevin I would never listen to my studio version on tommy again

however I like a quick one,while he's away more on this than rock n roll circus version

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom