The Who, anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I absolutely love them!!!! :rockon: :rockon:

They're playing at the T in the park festival i nScotland i nJuly&i wish i was going as it'd be worth the money for them alone!

One of the best live bands of all time. Keith Moon was a maniac on the drums.

They had 3 great albums / CDs in a row: Tommy, Who's Next and Quadrophenia. I guess it is 4 if you count Live at Leeds.

I saw them 4 times in the 70s with the original line-up. Two more times after that with Kenny Jones on drums replacing Keith.

I didn't get to see them with Keith. He died during my senior year. I did get to see them with Kenny Jones twice at the Sports Arena.

I've never been to a concert that loud before or since. :crack: When I took out my earplugs for the hell of it, it actually caused me physical pain.

Can't Explan is wonderful. So is Clash City Rockers. Someone should remix both into the same song.

my 14 year old brother's current favorite band. :up:

Canadiens1160 said:
Can't Explan is wonderful. So is Clash City Rockers. Someone should remix both into the same song.

:hmm: i hate stuff like that, but that's actually an interesting idea.

I never saw them with Keith either. I've read that he was so energetic on the drums he could be described as "manic". The drums on their Keith-era songs *sound* manic.

The Who :bow:

Saw them at The L.A. Coliseum back in the 80s.
Would have seen them over the last couple of years, but I couldn't justify paying $200-500 per ticket to see them, especially after Entwistle died. I would only pay that kinda money for one band...
U2Smilie.jpg

I just heard Face Dances for the first time last week, and I thought, why did I listen to all the people who said this sucked? It's a bit more catchy and poppy than usual, but it's a great album none the less. Same goes for It's Hard, the last Who studio album. I know a lot of people jumped ship after Moon died, but Townshend's the real reason you listen to the band anyway. And he still wrote killer songs and played a damned mean axe after Keith departed.

martha said:
The Who was my favorite band before U2 took over with the JT album. :love:
Same for me except U2 took over at "War" for me.
Have seen them 8 times, one of the greatest if not the greatest live rock band of all time.

Back
Top Bottom