The White Album by the Beatles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
Why is it at least $32 everywhere I go??? Isn't that an awful high amount of money for a CD????
Maybe I'm just cheap...

I keep thinking that too! I really, really want it, but I keep hoping I'll find it somewhere for less. Unfortunately, even used, the lowest I've seen for it was around $25.
frown.gif

------------------
"Look for oceans walls/ to gaze upon/ these distance stars/ yeah, these distance suns/ are all the reasons/ are all the reasons/ the only season in my life" -- Neil Halstead
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

Until 10 minutes ago..I had never heard the album before. I got it at the library and it's awesome...but $35?? I mean, come on. All other Beatles CD's are $12-15...I don't get it. Even as a double album, you wouldn't think it would be more than $25...

[This message has been edited by Mrs.Clayton (edited 05-02-2002).]

Well... I just downloaded it from the internet and burned myself a copy. I figure, Michael Jackson owns all the rights to the Beatles, why should I give him my money?

------------------
Game On!

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
Until 10 minutes ago..I had never heard the album before. I got it at the library and it's awesome...but $35?? I mean, come on. All other Beatles CD's are $12-15...I don't get it. Even as a double album, you wouldn't think it would be more than $25...

[This message has been edited by Mrs.Clayton (edited 05-02-2002).]

Wow, you've never heard of the White Album?
biggrin.gif

I think I paid about $25 for mine but that was probably 7 years ago...Try ebay or even Best Buy.

[This message has been edited by WildHoneyAlways (edited 05-02-2002).]

Well... I just downloaded it from the internet and burned myself a copy. I figure, Michael Jackson owns all the rights to the Beatles, why should I give him my money?

Well, not to pick on you or anything, but your also stealing money from every employee of the record company, fromt he rich ass owners to the poorly paid janitors.

I sometimes steal music I don't intend to pay for as well, but we shouldn't kid ourselves about what we are doing.

---------------

I was lucky enough to find the White Album used, though I've had it so long and played it so much that I'll need a new one soon.

I'd probably be willing to pay a higher price than usual, but then it's two cds worth of my favorite Beatles album, so I'm biased.

Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways:
Wow, you've never heard of the White Album?
biggrin.gif

I think she meant she'd never listened to it, not that she'd never heard of it.
wink.gif

Actually I'm fairly unversed on most Beatles stuff. Mostly I just know the main singles like Hey Jude, Let It Be, etc from their Beatles 1 album.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by Foxxern:
I think she meant she'd never listened to it, not that she'd never heard of it.
wink.gif

Actually I'm fairly unversed on most Beatles stuff. Mostly I just know the main singles like Hey Jude, Let It Be, etc from their Beatles 1 album.

My bad. My mom is a huge Beatles fan so I grew up hearing all their albums. You should check out the White Album though. Listen to it more than once too. The songs get better every time you listen.

Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways:
My bad. My mom is a huge Beatles fan so I grew up hearing all their albums. You should check out the White Album though. Listen to it more than once too. The songs get better every time you listen.

No, I had heard of the White Album...but neither of my parents own a Beatles album. I don't really know why(well, they're cheap)...I really do like it, so I'll probably go buy a copy. I must say, I don't really have a "Beatles collection", but I'm trying...Abbey Road was the first one I bought.
Thanks all for your advice
wink.gif

Mrs.Clayton

For those of you who own, I suggest making a copy of the slow songs only, it's very soothing.

I?ve also got a couple friends who say they liked the album better after the separated the songs between hard and soft. I guess the contrast from track to track throw some people. Personally I like the schizophrenic nature of the track order, it?s almost like cleansing the palate between dishes, it keeps each track coming from a different angle.

Right now I think my favourite song on the album is LONG, LONG, LONG it makes me feel very melancholy.

Mrs.Clayton
Go to Mysimon.com This site compares products and prices from the internet. So far the cheapest price I've found is $23.38 at playcentric.com -I've never heard of this site and I can't recommend it either but I just thought you would like to know.

[This message has been edited by Lise (edited 05-02-2002).]

Why is it at least $32 everywhere I go??? Isn't that an awful high amount of money for a CD????
Maybe I'm just cheap...

$32 is too much. Either find it used, or if you're the unscrupulous type, burn a CD with half of the songs, the way George Martin thought it should have been released.

Back
Top Bottom