The "Where do I start?" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FitzChivalry said:

Because I followed Sad Punk's sage advice, got all the Placebo albums, and am now the HAPPIEST most CONTENT man on the planet!!!!

Placebo :drool: :drool: :rockon:

This is just one of the many wonderful testimonies sparked by this thread. :drool: Order yours for only $14.99! Order within the next 25 minutes and save on shipping! :hyper:

KhanadaRhodes said:
anyone have any advice about kate bush? :shifty:

I'm proud of you. :wink:

Hounds of Love is my first recommendation. I think you will enjoy the Running Up That Hill, Cloudbusting, Watching You Without Me and Hounds of Love. Followed by Aerial. It is softer and more etheral. Then The Dreaming. Kate's "I go mad album." :up:

Screwtape, don't you think Sensual World is easier to get into?? I really think so. Hounds Of Love took a while to grow on me. But now I prefer Hounds to Sensual.

Jig Of Life :combust:

Zootlesque said:
Screwtape, don't you think Sensual World is easier to get into?? I really think so. Hounds Of Love took a while to grow on me. But now I prefer Hounds to Sensual.

Jig Of Life :combust:

Honestly no. I think Sensual World can paint an unfair picture of her career. If you listen to it you'll expect the same thing again but in overall sound it is quite unique. I think Hounds of Love is the best example of an album having all the elements of a career. Investigating certain areas of the album can lead to a lot of discoveries in her discography.

Oh and I love Jig Of Life as well.

"I put this moment here."

"Over here."

Brilliant. :drool:

But you have not even mentioned Sensual World in your recommendations. Do you not like it or do you not even have it? :eyebrow: :wink:

Zootlesque said:
But you have not even mentioned Sensual World in your recommendations. Do you not like it or do you not even have it? :eyebrow: :wink:

I like Sensual World. I just think The Ninth Wave and Aerial should be listened to before it. The Dreaming opens up the more exotic veins of her work so to have that under her belt would lead into the earlier work. I think it is about fourth on the list.

Screwtape2 said:
I'm proud of you. :wink:

Hounds of Love is my first recommendation. I think you will enjoy the Running Up That Hill, Cloudbusting, Watching You Without Me and Hounds of Love. Followed by Aerial. It is softer and more etheral. Then The Dreaming. Kate's "I go mad album." :up:
hehe, thanks. :) i try to discover new people every now and then. i like to randomly pick people i guess.

yeah, i do like running up that hill, which i think is the only song of hers i've heard in its entirety, i think i might've heard another one but i don't remember its title. i'll definitely check those out. and yours too zoots :wink:

Back
Top Bottom