The "What Do You Do For a Living" Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
So, what DO you do for a living?

I am but a lowly, poor student. But Saturdays, I work for Royal Bank (Internal Control). I'm also a piano teacher, and a substitute dance instructor.

Just curious as to the kinds of professions people had here....

self-employed small business owner - hubby investigates suspicious insurance claims, I run the office and find people who don't want to be found :macdevil:

:lol: no. Just extremely unhappy in my current place of employment, and I don't feel it is a very good representation of who I am. Therefore... I don't want to share. :(

I am a Development Manager in the charitable sector. In other words, I raise big bucks so good things can happen.

Right now, I am raising money for puppies and kitties. :cute:

Any day now, Bono is going to come after me to run things at Data for him and to set up the Hewson Family Foundation.

:hyper:

I finished college this past December, and now I am job hunting. I lost my job when I graduated because it was a position on campus that only lasted while I was a student (I was a computer technician).

Angel said:
:lol: no. Just extremely unhappy in my current place of employment, and I don't feel it is a very good representation of who I am. Therefore... I don't want to share. :(

Don't let your job define who you are.

Also, I've spent many a year in places where I was unhappy, but I found it was preparation for where I am today.

Hang in there :up:

....a man may work from sun to sun, but a woman's work is never done..."
an old old saying that, but so true.
I have all sorts of dumb answers to that inevitable question...I used to say "the oldest profession in the world" meaning a mother...but it can be seriously misconstrued. So can"kept woman" teeheee.
Someone once asked "are you an artist?" I so regret my cleverclever answer..."bullshit artist".
We eke our living from performing music and repairing musical equipment and hub works at a music college.All good fun.They had the auditions for the new intake of students a couple of weeks ago. I hope and pray he gets a better crew this year...last year was damn hard work.I enjoy being the woman behind that particular man .
I volunteer in lots of areas of the community...jack of all trades, master of none. I have done some projects I derive a great deal of satisfaction from. I am about to launch in to Stage 3 of my life I feel...this should be the really interesting part, back to feeling like just me again. I feel priveleged to have been a mother.

nbcrusader said:
Oh, I don't. But I have found in life that people tend to judge you by your position. It's unfortunate, because I just may be one of the smartest people in my office, but get disrespected simply due to my title and lowely position. :shrug: *whatever...
I hope to be doing what I have been working hard towards very soon. :)

Mrs. Edge said:
I am a Development Manager in the charitable sector. In other words, I raise big bucks so good things can happen.

Right now, I am raising money for puppies and kitties. :cute:

You work for the Humane Society, right?
(Didn't yuou used to work at a hospital? Correct me if I'm wrong, I could have sworn...)

Originally posted by nbcrusader

Oh, I hope no one takes this thread in the wrong way. I think we (society) often let our jobs/our salaries define who we are. We shouldn't.

photo-journalist for pretty much the last two years. im considered full-time freelance which is great, cause i get no deductions, and because i took a class and bought a laptop i get to use em for writeoffs, meaning ill likely only have to pay about 700 dollars in tax for my entire 2002 fiscal year. :wink:

im also volunteering currently as an esl assistant in town. in august i *SHOULD be in europe teaching it. ya.

Back
Top Bottom