The "What Do You Do For a Living" Thread - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 01-29-2003, 04:19 PM   #91
Local Time: 09:42 PM
Originally posted by najeena
I work at a small wholesale nursery, making little plants. It's very peaceful.

Does the nursery you work at grow herbs?

Old 01-29-2003, 06:04 PM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Cow of the Seas
be prepared to deal with absolute pricks. im sure bonos shades will agree with me.
I've had to deal with some real jerks - either sources or supervisors and co-workers - but I don't think print journalism is that much worse than any other job in that respect.

Old 01-29-2003, 06:46 PM   #93
I'm a poor college student, but I'm also a cashier and a camp counselor.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:48 PM   #94
War Child
Local Time: 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Bono's shades

I've had to deal with some real jerks - either sources or supervisors and co-workers - but I don't think print journalism is that much worse than any other job in that respect.
i disagree, cause if you make one mistake - everyone sees it. whereas in other jobs its not noticable by as many people.

here were talking about thousands and thousands of people.

those evil natured robots
theyre programed to destroy us
she gotta be strong to fight them
so shes taking lots of vitamins
cause she knows that
it be tragic
if those evil robots win
Old 01-30-2003, 02:56 PM   #95
love, blood, life
Local Time: 05:42 PM
I am in need of a real job *goes on the hunt for one*
Old 01-30-2003, 05:16 PM   #96
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Originally posted by ghetofabu

I thought it was his girlfriend who was the famous one and he was famous by association.
That is true, although I still deny any celebrity status.

I am going to the premiere of that movie "How to lose a man in 7 Days" or whatever it is called on Sunday. I am sure I will have sufficient dirt to report...

Old 01-30-2003, 05:54 PM   #97
War Child
Local Time: 01:42 AM

Well I went to college and got a degree in Criminal Justice thinking of going into probation and stuff. Ended up that I had to wait and so I've been working in a school district as a "PARAEDUCATOR" in other words: a glorified aide in a Special Education class. It's an interesting job let me tell ya but I love it!! My co-workers and even the principal at my school want me to go and get my credential to become a teacher! Hmmm I must admit I am considering it!!!
Old 01-30-2003, 05:57 PM   #98
Rock n' Roll Doggie
In high school I was a cashier at Menard's, now I'm a poor college student and... um... part time librarian sort of, I think I'm techinically "auxillary services."

[job description]
When people send donated books(donated books are tax-deductable) or the other libraries (Purdue has 14 of them) clean out their books or periodicals it all goes up to me... I work in the attic in the building with the library offices. It looks a lot like a basement/warehouse, no windows, I'm the only one up there. Anyway, I sort through the books and tear out people's names, security tags, and put them in boxes according to subject, and in November we have a booksale. With periodicals I shelve them and write down what volumes we have and we sell them to other libraries. Minimum wage, 10 hours a week, no evenings, no weekends, I show up (or call off) whenever I want and I can play my music as loud as I want. Love my job
[/job description]

This summer I'll be an assistant to a contractor.
Old 01-30-2003, 10:15 PM   #99
New Yorker
I am a web developer for the big ISP people either love or hate. What I work on lets people register for our service over the web. I am also going back to school this semester and might do that again full time in the fall.
Old 01-31-2003, 07:20 PM   #100
New Yorker
Graphic Designer.

I design advertisements, brochures, biz cards, do map layouts and a little mapping, blah blah blah. no big deal. Its just a first "just out of college job"

I actually intend to run an evil corporation disguised as a starbucks and blackmail the entire world for one million dollars someday. *holds pinky to mouth*
Old 01-31-2003, 07:55 PM   #101
Blue Crack Addict
Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
adds more to what i do...all i do is work these days. damn i worked up until 1AM this morning and worked until 8:00 tonight.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:13 PM   #102
love, blood, life
Local Time: 06:42 PM

I have several differnt forms of employment.
My primary jobs are-
selling Jeeps and gently used preowned vehicles.
raising two great kids.

Secondary jobs would include-
-motivational speaker
-truth detector
-part time Karamajoke singer
-a thought provoker
-a jokester
-spokesperson for local businesses not precluding your local Protologist.

thank u-

Old 02-01-2003, 03:06 PM   #103
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 03:42 AM
If I ever make my driving license and move to the U.S., would you sell me an olive green big jeep military style with 20% off from the original price, Sir?
Old 02-01-2003, 05:54 PM   #104
love, blood, life
Big Grin Menards, and the evil company Digi works for and Alir Rose shall run some day

I was a print journalist after colllege and cow disease has a very good point.....your mistakes are noticed by thousands.....

I am currently out of work (but wroking...I'll get to that) Marketing professional (worked for the same huge company Digi works for...till I got laid off)

So, in the meantime, I have a manual-labor job working for an airline on the ramp - and I LOVE IT! I park the planes, load/unload them, de-ice, run the bags, clean the planes, hang with the crews, push the planes back, take peoples tickets, etc. etc. etc. - and get to travel for hardly anything (allowing me to hang with interferencers!!!!).
Old 02-01-2003, 07:32 PM   #105
Blue Crack Addict
I'm a retail manager because I don't know what I want to do with the rest of my life besides own a boat. Before that, I was a poor college student who had to put gasoline on her credit card to get to my two and a half hour a week job of basic ice dancing instructor. Here was a typical night and the reason why I don't do much of that anymore:

Parent: Why did you fail my daughter on Dance 1?
Me: Because she didn't know the steps to the Dutch Waltz and she was doing outside-edge swingrolls on her inside edges.
Parent: Is that really a reason to fail her?

I take enough abuse from customers on a daily basis; I don't need parents after me too!