The "What Do You Do For a Living" Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cow of the Seas said:
be prepared to deal with absolute pricks. im sure bonos shades will agree with me.

I've had to deal with some real jerks - either sources or supervisors and co-workers - but I don't think print journalism is that much worse than any other job in that respect.

Bono's shades said:

I've had to deal with some real jerks - either sources or supervisors and co-workers - but I don't think print journalism is that much worse than any other job in that respect.

i disagree, cause if you make one mistake - everyone sees it. whereas in other jobs its not noticable by as many people.

here were talking about thousands and thousands of people. :|

"rediculous."

ghetofabu said:

I thought it was his girlfriend who was the famous one and he was famous by association.

That is true, although I still deny any celebrity status.

I am going to the premiere of that movie "How to lose a man in 7 Days" or whatever it is called on Sunday. I am sure I will have sufficient dirt to report...

whatever

Well I went to college and got a degree in Criminal Justice thinking of going into probation and stuff. Ended up that I had to wait and so I've been working in a school district as a "PARAEDUCATOR" in other words: a glorified aide in a Special Education class. It's an interesting job let me tell ya:yes: but I love it!! My co-workers and even the principal at my school want me to go and get my credential to become a teacher! Hmmm I must admit I am considering it!!!:wave:

In high school I was a cashier at Menard's, now I'm a poor college student and... um... part time librarian sort of, I think I'm techinically "auxillary services."

[job description]
When people send donated books(donated books are tax-deductable) or the other libraries (Purdue has 14 of them) clean out their books or periodicals it all goes up to me... I work in the attic in the building with the library offices. It looks a lot like a basement/warehouse, no windows, I'm the only one up there. Anyway, I sort through the books and tear out people's names, security tags, and put them in boxes according to subject, and in November we have a booksale. With periodicals I shelve them and write down what volumes we have and we sell them to other libraries. Minimum wage, 10 hours a week, no evenings, no weekends, I show up (or call off) whenever I want and I can play my music as loud as I want. Love my job :D
[/job description]

This summer I'll be an assistant to a contractor.

I am a web developer for the big ISP people either love or hate. What I work on lets people register for our service over the web. I am also going back to school this semester and might do that again full time in the fall.

Graphic Designer.

I design advertisements, brochures, biz cards, do map layouts and a little mapping, blah blah blah. no big deal. Its just a first "just out of college job"

I actually intend to run an evil corporation disguised as a starbucks and blackmail the entire world for one million dollars someday. *holds pinky to mouth*

I have several differnt forms of employment.:angry:
My primary jobs are-
selling Jeeps and gently used preowned vehicles.:angry:
raising two great kids.:)

Secondary jobs would include-
-motivational speaker:lol:
-campainger:lol: :wave:
-truth detector
-part time Karamajoke singer:down:
-a thought provoker
-thearapist
-a jokester
-spokesperson for local businesses not precluding your local Protologist.:angry:

thank u-

Diamond
:angry:

Last edited:
If I ever make my driving license and move to the U.S., would you sell me an olive green big jeep military style with 20% off from the original price, Sir?

Menards, and the evil company Digi works for and Alir Rose shall run some day

I was a print journalist after colllege and cow disease has a very good point.....your mistakes are noticed by thousands.....

I am currently out of work (but wroking...I'll get to that) Marketing professional (worked for the same huge company Digi works for...till I got laid off)

So, in the meantime, I have a manual-labor job working for an airline on the ramp - and I LOVE IT! I park the planes, load/unload them, de-ice, run the bags, clean the planes, hang with the crews, push the planes back, take peoples tickets, etc. etc. etc. - and get to travel for hardly anything (allowing me to hang with interferencers!!!!).

I'm a retail manager because I don't know what I want to do with the rest of my life besides own a boat. Before that, I was a poor college student who had to put gasoline on her credit card to get to my two and a half hour a week job of basic ice dancing instructor. Here was a typical night and the reason why I don't do much of that anymore:

Parent: Why did you fail my daughter on Dance 1?
Me: Because she didn't know the steps to the Dutch Waltz and she was doing outside-edge swingrolls on her inside edges.
Parent: Is that really a reason to fail her?
Me: :banghead:

I take enough abuse from customers on a daily basis; I don't need parents after me too!

I'm a supervisor for the online divison of a clothing retailer. I like dealing with customers much better over the phone than in person and work with some great people so I dont mind it too much.

Before that I hate to say I worked in collections and it honestly drove me to the verge of a nervous breakdown. The pay was awesome but my sanity was much more valuable! :scream:

I'm a student.

I just got a job in the deli section of the grocery store, and they made me shave my goatee.

Back
Top Bottom