The WEATHER Channel Part XII - Page 41 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-21-2007, 02:15 AM   #601
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!
 
Carek1230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: wishing I was somewhere else....
Posts: 114,476
Local Time: 08:17 PM
too hot and muggy to sleep
__________________

__________________
Carek1230 is online now  
Old 08-21-2007, 10:39 AM   #602
Blue Crack Addict
 
Doozer61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Setting up house on Scooter's Star
Posts: 20,218
Local Time: 08:17 PM
hot again today, good thing the office is air conditioned!
__________________

__________________
Doozer61 is offline  
Old 08-22-2007, 06:33 PM   #603
Blue Crack Distributor
 
tiny dancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: small town Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 87,189
Local Time: 04:17 AM
Warmer today and very humid
__________________
Into the heart of a child...
tiny dancer is offline  
Old 08-22-2007, 11:51 PM   #604
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!
 
Carek1230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: wishing I was somewhere else....
Posts: 114,476
Local Time: 08:17 PM
thank goodness a bit cooler tonite
__________________
Carek1230 is online now  
Old 08-23-2007, 05:27 PM   #605
New Yorker
 
Kiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: mainly in my fantasy land.....ooooo how I wish it were reality
Posts: 2,716
Local Time: 10:17 PM
We had a tornado that just touched down two miles from here, about an hour and a half ago. I knew it was in our county but didn't find out till just now that it was as close as it was to us. Kinda scarey.
__________________
Kiki is offline  
Old 08-23-2007, 06:46 PM   #606
Blue Crack Addict
 
MsMofoGone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Where is not important...
Posts: 26,717
Local Time: 11:17 PM
Experiencing the same incidence, Kiki ... we are also under severe weather warnings right now. Tornado !!

The sky is BLACK ... and it's only late afternoon !!
__________________
MsMofoGone is offline  
Old 08-24-2007, 12:11 AM   #607
Blue Crack Addict
 
Doozer61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Setting up house on Scooter's Star
Posts: 20,218
Local Time: 08:17 PM
kinda cool this evening. maybe in the low 70's.
__________________
Doozer61 is offline  
Old 08-24-2007, 08:55 AM   #608
Blue Crack Addict
 
MsMofoGone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Where is not important...
Posts: 26,717
Local Time: 11:17 PM
It's Hot and Very Humid with Overcast Skies right now. The High will reach 92 ... but, the conditions are very unstable ... as we are supposed to experience more SEVERE weather again later this morning. The only question is 'how soon' before it gets here.



Considering already, there's several cities around Chicago that are flooded ... and Chicago alone, has 375,000 people without power ...
I hope this NEXT round of storms is NOT as bad. :Pray:
__________________
MsMofoGone is offline  
Old 08-24-2007, 10:18 AM   #609
New Yorker
 
Kiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: mainly in my fantasy land.....ooooo how I wish it were reality
Posts: 2,716
Local Time: 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MsMofoGone
It's Hot and Very Humid with Overcast Skies right now. The High will reach 92 ... but, the conditions are very unstable ... as we are supposed to experience more SEVERE weather again later this morning. The only question is 'how soon' before it gets here.



Considering already, there's several cities around Chicago that are flooded ... and Chicago alone, has 375,000 people without power ...
I hope this NEXT round of storms is NOT as bad. :Pray:
I was wondering if you were near or in Chicago too. I'm in Kane County. Got to see what the tornado did to some near by neighborhoods last night....I just hope the people who own the homes were in the basement or not home...it's not pretty.
__________________
Kiki is offline  
Old 08-24-2007, 03:08 PM   #610
Blue Crack Addict
 
RavenBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The majestic Canuckian wilderness
Posts: 17,103
Local Time: 01:17 AM
It's a rainin'

We need it.
__________________
RavenBlue is offline  
Old 08-24-2007, 05:14 PM   #611
Blue Crack Addict
 
MsMofoGone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Where is not important...
Posts: 26,717
Local Time: 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kiki
I was wondering if you were near or in Chicago too. I'm in Kane County. Got to see what the tornado did to some near by neighborhoods last night....I just hope the people who own the homes were in the basement or not home...it's not pretty.
I used to live in the county of Grundy ... but recently, I moved back to Chicago (Cook County) ... as I wanted to be closer to my family ... they all live in Du Page County. I saw some of the towns in Du Page County earlier today and they too, are NOT very good. There's trees uprooted and on the ground, windows broken in houses or cars, trees that fell on top of houses or garages, several power outages ... as power lines are down, and there's also some places where the roofs are blown off of businesses. It's like a war zone ... and it's gonna take several days before power is restored and the tree clean-up is completed.
Chicago was the worst hit ... and now traffic in-and-out of the city, is the real headache (besides, the power outages)
I did lose power in my home ... but it's back on now. Thank Goodness !!
__________________
MsMofoGone is offline  
Old 08-24-2007, 05:23 PM   #612
Blue Crack Addict
 
MsMofoGone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Where is not important...
Posts: 26,717
Local Time: 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kiki

I was wondering if you were near or in Chicago too. I'm in Kane County. Got to see what the tornado did to some near by neighborhoods last night....I just hope the people who own the homes were in the basement or not home...it's not pretty.
Quote:
Originally posted by MsMofoGone
I used to live in the county of Grundy ... but recently, I moved back to Chicago (Cook County) ... as I wanted to be closer to my family ... they all live in Du Page County. I saw some of the towns in Du Page County earlier today and they too, are NOT very good. There's trees uprooted and on the ground, windows broken in houses or cars, trees that fell on top of houses or garages, several power outages ... as power lines are down, and there's also some places where the roofs are blown off of businesses. It's like a war zone ... and it's gonna take several days before power is restored and the tree clean-up is completed.
Chicago was the worst hit ... and now traffic in-and-out of the city, is the real headache (besides, the power outages)
I did lose power in my home ... but it's back on now. Thank Goodness !!
Oh, and I almost forgot to mention the areas that flooded ... I hope we don't get any more rain.
Also, The Des Plaines and Fox Rivers are close to overflowing ... and Salt Creek is practically at some people's back doors.

And all because of a severe thunderstorm ... probably the worst one we've seen in years !!
__________________
MsMofoGone is offline  
Old 08-25-2007, 05:00 PM   #613
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!
 
Carek1230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: wishing I was somewhere else....
Posts: 114,476
Local Time: 08:17 PM
It's hot and gorgeous in San Diego
__________________
Carek1230 is online now  
Old 08-25-2007, 06:06 PM   #614
Blue Crack Distributor
 
tiny dancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: small town Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 87,189
Local Time: 04:17 AM
Very hot & humid. May get some servere storms later.
__________________
Into the heart of a child...
tiny dancer is offline  
Old 08-25-2007, 08:12 PM   #615
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!
 
Carek1230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: wishing I was somewhere else....
Posts: 114,476
Local Time: 08:17 PM
Its lovely here. The sun is out and I was just baking a bit on the front porch, but it's not too hot
__________________

__________________
Carek1230 is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com