The WEATHER Channel Part XII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's Hot and Very Humid with Overcast Skies right now. The High will reach 92 ... but, the conditions are very unstable ... as we are supposed to experience more SEVERE weather again later this morning. The only question is 'how soon' before it gets here. :ohmy:

Considering already, there's several cities around Chicago that are flooded ... and Chicago alone, has 375,000 people without power ...
I hope this NEXT round of storms is NOT as bad. :pray:

MsMofoGone said:
It's Hot and Very Humid with Overcast Skies right now. The High will reach 92 ... but, the conditions are very unstable ... as we are supposed to experience more SEVERE weather again later this morning. The only question is 'how soon' before it gets here. :ohmy:

Considering already, there's several cities around Chicago that are flooded ... and Chicago alone, has 375,000 people without power ...
I hope this NEXT round of storms is NOT as bad. :pray:

I was wondering if you were near or in Chicago too. I'm in Kane County. Got to see what the tornado did to some near by neighborhoods last night....I just hope the people who own the homes were in the basement or not home...it's not pretty.

Originally posted by Kiki
I was wondering if you were near or in Chicago too. I'm in Kane County. Got to see what the tornado did to some near by neighborhoods last night....I just hope the people who own the homes were in the basement or not home...it's not pretty.

I used to live in the county of Grundy ... but recently, I moved back to Chicago (Cook County) ... as I wanted to be closer to my family ... they all live in Du Page County. I saw some of the towns in Du Page County earlier today and they too, are NOT very good. There's trees uprooted and on the ground, windows broken in houses or cars, trees that fell on top of houses or garages, several power outages ... as power lines are down, and there's also some places where the roofs are blown off of businesses. It's like a war zone ... and it's gonna take several days before power is restored and the tree clean-up is completed. :tsk:
Chicago was the worst hit ... and now traffic in-and-out of the city, is the real headache (besides, the power outages)
I did lose power in my home ... but it's back on now. Thank Goodness !! :happy:

Originally posted by Kiki

Originally posted by MsMofoGone
I used to live in the county of Grundy ... but recently, I moved back to Chicago (Cook County) ... as I wanted to be closer to my family ... they all live in Du Page County. I saw some of the towns in Du Page County earlier today and they too, are NOT very good. There's trees uprooted and on the ground, windows broken in houses or cars, trees that fell on top of houses or garages, several power outages ... as power lines are down, and there's also some places where the roofs are blown off of businesses. It's like a war zone ... and it's gonna take several days before power is restored and the tree clean-up is completed. :tsk:
Chicago was the worst hit ... and now traffic in-and-out of the city, is the real headache (besides, the power outages)
I did lose power in my home ... but it's back on now. Thank Goodness !! :happy:

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention the areas that flooded ... I hope we don't get any more rain. :yikes:
Also, The Des Plaines and Fox Rivers are close to overflowing ... and Salt Creek is practically at some people's back doors. :sad:

And all because of a severe thunderstorm ... probably the worst one we've seen in years !! :yes:

Last edited:
It's been 100 degrees or more for about 3 weeks in atlanta ga, it's been so unbearable, i haven't wanted to go anywhere in the heat and a drought too here but it's starting to cool off to only about 95 today

It's a beautiful day outside. Mostly Sunny Skies and HOT and HUMID with a High of 92. :up:

I can enjoy the hot temperature, but the humidity is ridiculous. :yikes:

Looks like, Summer just doesn't want to end anytime soon. :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom