the wallflowers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shrmn8rpoptart

War Child
i went down to englewood with thefly7 and saw the wallflowers at the gothic theatre last night (mar.14). it was a fantastic show! here's the setlist:

Three Marlenas
Everything I Need
Here He Comes (Confessions of a Drunken Marionette)
Letters From The Wasteland
The Passenger
Beautiful Side of Somewhere
6th Avenue Heartache
Nearly Beloved
Some Flowers Bloom Dead
We're Already There
Heroes
Invisible City
For The Life Of Me (just Jakob and Rami)
Sleepwalker (1/2 acoustic, 1/2 full band)
One Headlight
God Don't Make Lonely Girls
Encores:
Back To California
The Difference

before last night i had only ever heard bringing down the horse and "when you're on top" from red letter days, so some of these songs i heard for the first time, along with the songs from the new album, rebel sweetheart.

jakob dylan is a really cool guy too, he interacts with the fans, and let's you know that they know you're the ones who make sure they get paid. one such instance was a conversation thefly7 had with jakob. after one of the songs he yells "HECK YES" and jakob was like "wait, did you just say heck yes, are you from utah?" and after thefly's answer jakob was like "how napoleon of you. come backstage later, i caught you a delicious bass"

the band was also really tight, obviously well rehearsed, even though jakob cracked a couple of times and a couple of times fell of key for a few seconds. this was the tour opener, and they should be even better by the time they make it back to denver for their rumored summer date

we did get to talk to them afterwards, and they are all really chill, down to earth guys.

i am also really excited for the new album. "we're already there" and "going back to california" were really good, and when we talked with greg, he said his favorite song was "god says nothing back". the first single is going to be the "beautiful side of somewhere" and should be out this month, and the album rebel, sweetheart (rebel is a verb not a noun according to jakob) will be released on may 24.

what can i say, i might just become a wallflowers fan.

Glad you had a fun time. And that's cool to hear the band's a group of really nice guys :up:.

I was wondering lately what'd been up with them, as they've been awfully quiet. I've always liked the few songs I've heard by them, their big hits and stuff, so... Good to know they're still making music :).

Angela

i forgot to mention too that the opener, kyle riabko, was frickin amazing. this guy is 17 years old, and was one of the better guitar players i've seen. for a couple of songs he was his own rhythm section, just stomping as hard as he could and dancing around. plus he works a "thriller" cover into his set, and anyone who can pull that off deserves some major props!

Back
Top Bottom