The Walking Dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a brilliant episode, i'm still worried that none of the main characters will be bumped off as in the comics, but the show is doing an alternate take to the source material.

I'm not sure how much I actually mention the comic story line is actually a spoiler anymore.

Otis for what its worth was around for much longer in the comic and he was fairly racist to boot, but then again the show did have Merle who I am pretty sure will turn up again even though he wasn't in the comics I've got a rough idea of who they want him to become in this alternate universe.

I do actually enjoy Shane's more psychotic role in the show though, it will be interesting to see how they play his eventual demise (well if there is a demise).

I am not seeing Shane as being that psychotic.

He made a decision, he wanted to live.

And a flailing Otis, would do a better job deflecting zombies,
than a head-shot dead Otis.

this may be a bit of a reach, but if zombie Otis shows up and he has a gun-shot wound to the leg
there will be some splaining to do.

I am not seeing Shane as being that psychotic.

He made a decision, he wanted to live.

And a flailing Otis, would do a better job deflecting zombies,
than a head-shot dead Otis.

this may be a bit of a reach, but if zombie Otis shows up and he has a gun-shot wound to the leg
there will be some splaining to do.

:up:
I think Shane made a very quick, nasty decision:
Otis shot Carl. He's the reason I'm here right now.
Only one of us was going to make it back.
It may as well fucking be me.

I'm a nice guy, so I would have shot Otis in the head. His body would be a bit of a roadblock.
I like the person I read online who suggested carrying pockets full of marbles or ball bearings to trip-up the Walkers. :up:

I should apologize to deep for calling him insufferable.
They've been stuck at that fucking highway and in this same predicament since the first half-hour of the season. Sheesh...nothing really happening indeed.

I saw the Shane thing from a mile away. That's one thing this show doesn't do particularly well, disguise the supposed 'mystery' - and FTR, I haven't read the comics.

The other downside (apart from stalling plotlines) is that the two female leads are about as equally likable as Shane. What's with such shitty female characters on shows like these?That's about the only good thing I could say about Joss Whedon, at least his writing staffs generally know how to write for females - but that's not always true either.

Other than that, I still pretty much enjoy it.

No worries, El Guapo. I try not to take any of this personal.
When I find myself responding from emotions. I put a 24 hour pause on it. and then most times forget about it.

this missing little girl thing is a bit ridiculous, its been how long 4-5 days with her alone in the woods with walkers?

By any rational, she is gone. The only hope would be if other people found her and were taking care of her. Well, we will see where they take it from here.

AMC hit real high marks with Mad Men and Breaking Bad.
This and the new Hell On Wheels are a notch or two below.
Rubicon was excellent, but I understand why it did not reach a broad audience, it required something missing with most viewers today. An attention span.

Yeah, the missing child story is starting to be a bit ridiculous for me as well. Last night's episode didn't hold my attention very well.

I'm also over the whole shot kid thing. That's boring me. Need more death and zombies. The well zombie had me interested.

I agree with the above.

The missing girl thing has run it's course. Freaking close that plotline so the show can move on. Get the little boy healthy and hopefully the story can start to move a bit, cause right now it's been a bit of a drag.

And I agree with all the God talk, please just stop. The doctor talking about how it was God that brought the family together, had him survive getting shot, etc etc. Yet fails to mention that apparently 99% of the world has been turned to zombies????

Maybe this show turns into a rapture and Jesus makes an appearance and we have a good old fashioned Lord of the Ring's style battle against the Zombies at the end! ;)

Wow, it's like an echo chamber in here. And I agree. :D

If the farm people are able to sustain themselves, why would the group want to move on? :shrug:
I don't think we've heard the words "Fort Benning" for 3 episodes. Something has got to stir things up (come on murderous Merle or a massive Walker attack) for an injection of interesting in the show.

Well, at least Glenn got some (FWIW).

the farm/ commune people talking about god does not bother me

people do that enough in real life, > god has his reasons. etc.

I think something is going on, with the father and daughter, I think they want - believe children is part of their calling, that may be why Glenn got some :shrug:

Interesting things are meant to happen on the farm, but they have just barely hinted at them.

I agree with a lot here, but like I mentioned before, I still look forward to this show each week even though there's been plenty to meh about. Still not exactly sure what it is, since I haven't found the characters incredibly interesting yet, and it's not like I was an avid zombie fan before. (There is something fascinating about zombies though I think.)

But it's a great show to look at. Visually it has a huge plus just because of its filming. This really became incredibly apparent to me again last night as I tried to watch Hell on Wheels. Wow, did that make me appreciate the filming of TWD. Hell on Wheels visually was just so flat and uninteresting. So maybe that's one of the things that's still keeping me a fan. I love film, the difference it makes in watching something is huge, even if we aren't always aware of it.

And yes, please can we now just move on from the stupid kids. :wink:

The well zombie

:barf: I was eating breakfast

My friend swears the well zombie was Donald Anspaugh of ER:
Johnaylward.jpg

Good thing we didn't just shoot him in the head, right?

LJT said:
Interesting things are meant to happen on the farm, but they have just barely hinted at them.

Really? I have a theory that the farm folk are actually werewolves and a full moon is fast approaching. Notice how there is no silver on display in the house? According to lore werewolves also have remarkable regenerative abilities, so I won't be surprised to see Otis make a dramatic reappearance soon. And what happens when a werewolf is infected with the zombie 'virus'? A were-zombie? Should be pretty awesome.

So last night's episode was better, but still rates high in the annoyance scale.

As we've all said, tired of the missing little girl. Obviously she's being taken care of by someone, cause how else could she survive on her own for how many days now????

Another annoying aspect was Blondie shooting Daryll. first of all, WHY???, second of all how the heck did she even get the shot through all the guys who ran over there? Her line of sight couldn't have let her shoot over them, so instead she shoots between them?? and from that range? Just seems really stupid.

I'm glad he didn't die though as he's the most interesting character on the show, along with Shane.

Interesting twist at the end. but at least the previews allude to a little more action and maybe a resolution to the farm.

Two nagging questions of mine:

Why do the zombies not start tearing each other apart when they can't find fresh humans?

If the "infection" is in the hippocampus, why isn't that the part of the zombies' brains that must be destroyed in order to kill them (i.e. Daryl's arrow through the Walker's forehead last night, among other examples)?

I know it's silly to ask questions that go beyond the surface of a Zombie Apocalypse, but they did address the brain thing in TS-19 last season. :shrug:

I still enjoy it, but the story needs to move forward so I don't find myself dwelling on this stuff.

1. a better episode

2. if we keep asking questions, we might as well just quit,
the plausibility has always been extremely low for this series.
I only complain when they take it to a a new all time low. I don't think this episode did that.

This was definitely a better episode as there was some pace to it. didn't feel like time was moving backwards.

Have to wonder if the farmer group is holding Sophia.....have to wonder as well what the group of zombies being held are for.

1. ex family members, holding out hope for a cure (though they are dead)
2. lil more sinister, but they take any outsiders and feed them to the zombies

you will recall the old farmer did not want walkers killed

so I would be led to believe, he is hoping or working on a cure, or at least studying them?

you will recall he had that odd conversation, that God has his reasons for everything,
all that means is the person can manipulate shit whatever way they want and then say, It's God's will.

Why is whatsherface freaking out about being pregnant? Is it Shane's? :shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom