The Wachowski Brothers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Any news on what The Wachowski Bros. have been up to?

I remember hearing a rumor a while back about them working on a Speed Racer film, but that didn't sound very solid. I absolutely looooooove The Matix films (yeppers, all 3 of them, Reloaded is even my favorite). And V for Vendetta is easily in my top 5 movies of all time. Yeah, that's good stuff.

Regardless, I can't wait for their next project. :drool:

I always thought the Matrix trilogy as a whole was overrated. The first film was great. But as a whole, the trilogy doesn't do as much for me storywise as, say, the original Star Wars trilogy, or the Back To The Future trilogy. They were cinematically great though. Ushered in a whole new era of special effects.

V For Vendetta was CLASS :up: :drool:

Yeah, forgot to mention V for Vendetta could be the most badass comic book adaptation other than Batman Begins or Sin City.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Yeah, forgot to mention V for Vendetta could be the most badass comic book adaptation other than Batman Begins or Sin City.

I think I might be one of the few people who prefer Batman/Returns/Forever to Batman Begins. :reject:

Batman&Robin was terrible though.

Batman Begins, to me, is just more true to the character of Batman with less flash and more substance.

The first 3 Batman movies were great movies involving Batman. The stories are too radically shifted for them to be real comic book adaptations of Batman IMO.

I love what Tim Burton did with the first 2 and hell, even the campy Batman Forever with Nicole Kidman at her absolute peak. Batman Forever could've been much better judging from the 40 minutes cut from the movie, I blame the studios for fucking this movie up.

Words have not been made yet to describe the awfulness of Batman and Robin :wink:

Last edited:
just saw Reloaded again today on TV... I didn't mind that as much as the last movie, which disapointed me beyond anything.

thought V For Vendetta was a tad overrated myself, but I didn't think it was a bad movie in the least.

Matrix (should have left the first movie alone without the sequels) and Vendetta :up:

Wasn't there a story about one of them having a sex change around the time of the release of "Matrix 3...completely alienate your audience"

Thanks to the Matrix Reloaded, I don't think I will ever see a more awkward sex scene in a film. Ever.

It says Hirsch is gonna play Speed, not Chim Chim.

I still think Keanu could handle the role of Chim Chim with a few acting lessons.
ChimChim.jpg

I've watched the first Matrix film three times at the cinema, :drool: :drool: :drool: Blew my mind at the time.

Matrix Reloaded though went down the drain as soon as Neo got to Zion and its deadly dull cotton-wearing denizens, :madspit: First there was the stupidest rave scene ever put to celulloid, followed by what must be the unsexiest scene scene ever that made me squirm in my chair. And I can't believe just how much dodgy CGI that movie had.

I liked Matrix Revolutions teensy bit better simply because my expectations were lowest of the low, but it still looked like a direct sequel to the dreary second film rather than a part of the trilogy.

V for Vendetta was ok but IMO nowhere near as smart and "deep" as it thought it was. I really liked Hugo Weaving's performance though, even if his character's verbosity got on my nerves sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom