The Vines?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Anyone with any info on them?

I saw the video for "Homesick" today and I LOVE the song - the piano foundation and the voices are beautiful!

like 98 degrees and 3LW were to nsync, bsb and all the other bands, the vines are the same way to "punk" rock.

from what ive gathered of your taste u2girl, i really dont think youd like them. theyre quite aggressive, and their singer is quite the lunatic.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
How do you know what she'd like?

Anyway, they're alright. I saw them live last year and it was... interesting, to say the least! :laugh:

i didnt say i know what shed like, i said from what ive gathered she doesnt like loud aggressive music and the vines are exactly that.

I just came across and article/interview with them when they were back In Australia ( they are locals). if you like I will summarise it for you tomorrow.
I am not familiar with their music. I know the singer had a bit of a breakdown when they toured the USA. They are young and the sudden rise to fame takes it's toll.

the magazine article wasn't all that fascinating. The singer and the bass player met when they worked at McDonalds.They spent several years as a garage band , developed a "swag of songs" and just got lucky. Chance meetings, overheard radio sessions, a demo tape falling into the right hands at XL Recording annd some good press from NME helped get them a deal with EMI.
I just heard them being discussed by "Librarian Spice" on JJJ, the "Secret Music Business" section. hahahahahahhahaha.
The y are currently touring with You Am I ( great Aussie band) and Rocket Science. They will record the 2nd album in the USA and then come home. The JJJ presenter asked, "will that mean they can actually play their instruments when they get back?"
"We hope so" was the reply.
They currently have a law suite against the Coca Cola company for using Craig Nicholls image on a collectors can without permission.
Someone is suing ***** for attending their concert and hearing "a pile of ****". The presenter asked "what did they expect?"
Someone included a minute's silence on their album and John Cage's publishers are suing them because they claim it is his minute of silence they sampled. He countered by saying he said much more in his one minute of silence than they did in their 4 minutes of silence..
:lmao:
it could only happen in the music industry
I'll listen out for that song U2girl.thanks

PS: our exchange teacher is in Ljubjana. Is that where you are?We have 9 students from Dacchau, Germany arriving this week and 2 from Japan. I think the exchange system is wonderful.:)

PS:I only just noticed the "similar threads" thingo down there. No doubt all you wanted is in there

woops

and that first row of **** was a typo. It's meant to say *****.

what the?
:lmao: :lmao: I didn't know they were censored around here
the band the starts with "c" ends with "d" and has a double "e".

:lol: You didn't know about this censorship cass?

Yes, I'm from Ljubljana too!

Yes, you're right bear. I don't like excessively loud/aggressive music. I thought the rest of their music was like "Homesick" too. Oh well.

if any wanders in, is Australian and is interested.
Someone has been digging thru the old files at Triple J. They have found "The Vines" entry in the Unearthed competition and will be playing them on the "home and hosed " show. Baby Vines.

band that starts with "C" and ends with "d"

Back
Top Bottom