The video has a little daughter going through a big house, and the band is a bunch of

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Band: The Roots
Song: The Seed 2.0
Album: Phrenology

Who are they: One of the most critically acclaimed hip hop groups around these days

Do I want this record: Personally speaking, I want it. I also want their old albums. If you get it, I will.

Last edited:
martha said:
That's it!!!

:shifty: Mebbe I'll go look at the record when I go buy the stereo component I need to listen to the damn thing.

Like I said, if you get it, I will too.

Ok. :shifty:

I finally got this album. I liked what I heard when I saw Dave Chapelle's Block Party. Now I like this album. Today I'm going to get a ticket to see them in Anaheim.

Now at least two other people need to go get this record. :wink:

Well, I haven't bought it yet.
And maybe I'll even refuse to buy that one. I mean, you have betrayed Emmylou Harris and her excellent album Red Dirt Girl. :grumpy:

:sexywink:

martha said:
:|

Then I guess we'll talk about the songs in the next decade.

but just think how awesome bumping the thread then will be! :drool:

it appears that the roots are doing the university spring concert this year. i will not be attending.

:bump:

:D

I went and saw these guys last night. House of Blues, sold out. I had other people's sweat on me and my clothes smelled of pot smoke. It was fucking great! :yes: I think I may have been the oldest one there; at least the oldest one on the ground floor. These guys tore the roof off the place.

I love, love, LOVE The Seed.

I've heard a handful of other songs by these guys, and none of them have come nearly as close for me.

Have I just been hearing the wrong songs?

No. As far as I can tell, the Seed is a unique song for them. But the rest of what I heard Friday night makes me want more records by them. Rent Dave Chapelle's Block Party. Some of the Roots are the house band.

Back
Top Bottom