The Verve are getting back together!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
Radio 1 supposedly just confirmed it!

first the Pumpkins, then Kula Shaker, and now The Verve?

oh it's like high school again! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Ashcroft pisses me off. He's not particularly talented, yet he's a total jerk in most of the interviews I've read. Seriously, he NEEDS the rest of the Verve to be successful.

Well I don't think he's amazing either, but he could have done something during this "hiatus", besides sing with Chris Martin, but then again isn't that every musician's dream ?:drool:

Haha yeah, I wasn't even a Verve fan then, so I couldn't even get a small amount of enjoyment from that performance.

powerhour24 said:
Excellent, not like Ashcroft did that much on his own, which was too bad.

Well he released 3 solo albums, may have not been big hits here in the states but had some excellent tunes on them!!!

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Well he released 3 solo albums, may have not been big hits here in the states but had some excellent tunes on them!!!

:up:

This news is really exciting.

Haha, see I probably would have known that if I was a bigger Verve fan, but as a casual fan it didn't matter that much to me, anything worth checking out in that case in terms of whole albums or just select tracks?

I don't like any of his solo albums, but a tune by UNKLE called Lonely Souls is excellent featuring Mr Ashcroft on vocals.

The Verve :hyper::hyper::hyper:

I love Ashcroft's solo albums...well his first and third ones and I love all the Verve albums and the b-sides one...so yes I'm really excited :wink:

powerhour24 said:
Haha, see I probably would have known that if I was a bigger Verve fan, but as a casual fan it didn't matter that much to me, anything worth checking out in that case in terms of whole albums or just select tracks?

His first and third albums are worth checking out in my opinion, the second has some good songs as well but if you listen to critics, every album is complete garbage :wink:

powerhour24 said:

Each album has some highlights, I'd check out:

Song for the Lovers
New York
C'mon People

from Alone With Everybody

Check the Meaning
Buy it in Bottles
Science of Silence

from Human Conditions

Break the Night with Colour
Music is Power
Words Just Get in the Way

from Keys to the World

There is some on MySpace, and their are a lot of great stuff on youtube, check out some of his live solo shows, they're nice...

Lancemc said:
Should I be excited about this? :wink:

Yes you should definitely be excited by this news, The Verve were an amazing group, and wrote some of the finest songs ive heard,

Slide Away
Gravity Grave
She's A Superstar
Man Called Sun
Life's An Ocean
History
Bittersweet Symphony

All these songs are well worth checking out if you haven't heard them.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Each album has some highlights, I'd check out:

Song for the Lovers
New York
C'mon People

from Alone With Everybody

Check the Meaning
Buy it in Bottles
Science of Silence

from Human Conditions

Break the Night with Colour
Music is Power
Words Just Get in the Way

from Keys to the World

There is some on MySpace, and their are a lot of great stuff on youtube, check out some of his live solo shows, they're nice...

Back
Top Bottom