The Vancouver Canucks Have Just Won 10 In A Row

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael Griffiths

Rock n' Roll Doggie
And people said after the playoffs last year (not mentioning any names of course ;)) that they'd merely be one of the average to better teams, no better no worse! hahaha! Now they're, what, the second best team in the league or something? Since Christmas of last year, their record is simply in the ridiculously amazing range. When will people realize that they've very quietly become one of the most dangerous squads around, boasting two superstars, and one fast becoming superstar, in Brendan Morrison. Cloutier is already on his way, boasting the best record of any goalie this year so far. As for the rest of the team, all the pieces are fitting just so well - from Jovonaski to Chubarov, from the Sisters to Linden. Ah, life is good here on the West Coast...

it sure is wonderful. there is a chance ill be flying out to vancouver to check out a game in february. it has serious implications though, so who knows whatll happen.

they seriously, since christmas, i believe, have four times as many wins as losses. think about that. astounding.

and who was worried about secondary scoring?

I love it when a Candian team does great!!! Van is doing great i really like there team, but come Dec 14 when you meet the oilers you will fall!!! The Oilers have one loss in their last 9!!! Two hot teams!! Hopefully they stay hot until they meet

mg: i would go only if i got free tickets through mr friends dad. my friend lived in vancouver for a bit this fall, and his dad sent him twice. great seats too.

i will keep you informed.

bonoman, there is simply no way that the canucks can hold on to this. its simply impossible. its interesting to see though!

And here's what Dan Cloutier said after their 10th straight win:

"It's hard to believe, but I think we can go better. We haven't played our best yet."

If the Canucks haven't played their best yet, may the rest of the NHL pray for mercy.

And Zoomerang - how many games do you think they'll win in a row? I'm thinking 12. That would be cool. The record is 16 or 17, set by the Penguins in the early 90s. Before that it was the Oilers. Imagine if the Canucks broke that record? I guess we'll just have to see!

Well the canucks scedhule for the month is:
Dec. 3 -- at NY ISLANDERS
Dec. 4 -- at NEW JERSEY
Dec. 7 -- MINNESOTA
Dec. 9 -- CALGARY
Dec. 11 -- COLORADO
Dec. 14 -- at EDMONTON
Dec. 15 -- CALGARY
Dec. 17 -- at CHICAGO
Dec. 19 -- at NASHVILLE
Dec. 21 -- EDMONTON
Dec. 23 -- at COLORADO
Dec. 26 -- at EDMONTON
Dec. 28 -- ANAHEIM
Dec. 31 -- TORONTO

Looking at that it is forseeable to get to 14 or 15 but i cant see them beating Edmonton and Colorado. but if they did they could run the board on Cal, Chi, Nash. Also they have a pretty easy schedule this month!

I think they have a good shot of beating the Islanders, but the Devils will be tricky. Therefore, 11 in a row isn't out of the question at all, but 12 in a row will be tough. If they beat the Devils, I can see them having a good shot at the record. They have proven they can beat anyone in the leage on any given night, so I can see it happening. As for beating the Oilers, they've beaten them time and time again since last Christmas, and they are even hotter than the Oilers right now, and have a better record, so I can definitley see them beating them, too. Of course, the Oilers game will be a great challenge, as they're on a tear right now, too. It will be a hell of a game!

bonoman said:

Looking at that it is forseeable to get to 14 or 15 but i cant see them beating Edmonton and Colorado. but if they did they could run the board on Cal, Chi, Nash. Also they have a pretty easy schedule this month!

I don't know...I think they stand a pretty good chance against us. :|

I think we should follow San Jose's lead and lose our coach.

Man, the Canucks really came out flat tonight. They pretty much deserved to lose (I think they were out shot almost 2 to 1?). Man, those Islanders always do it to them when they've got a streak going! It happened last year too - stalled on Long Island. Should be a fun game against the Devils though (don't ya' think Wanderer? ;)). Even though the Canucks just won 10 in a row, they're still only 7 points up on 9th place Colorado. Just goes to show they haven't really accomplished anything - yet.

ya they didnt look very good. Too bad i have Cloutier in my draft. The oilers didnt deserve to win either but they pulled it out in OT they are now unbeaten in 7(6-0-1-0). I love hockey so much!!!

Oh Michael are you in the interference draft?

Bonoman, no I'm not. I don't think I even knew about it! I love hockey pools, though. At my old work, we used to have one every year, regular season, as well as playoffs. I actually won twice! If the Canucks win tonight, they'll be okay. If they lose, I'll be a little worried...

Okay, are the Devils still as boring as ever or what? I thought the NHL decided to call obstruction, but you'd never know it by what the Devils are doing this game! Even Brodeur is clutching and grabbing - I'm serious! I thought the Devils stopped playing this way like 5 years ago, but looks like with Pat Burns at the helm, they've decided to become as boring as ever. I can't blame them, as they're playing one of the fastest and youngest teams in the league, but still. I don't know if I can watch the 3rd period: it's almost excruciating!

Thank God things opened up in the 3rd! It's interesting that as soon as the Devils open up, they get badly outshot (9-3 in the 3rd period). I guess they have to play boring hockey to win? You wouldn't think so, with the likes of Gomez, Niedermayer and Nieuwendyk and others, but I guess once you've developed a sytem like theirs (the trap, clutching and grabbing, etc), it's tough to brake out of it for one period. It showed tonight.

That said, I've got to hand it to Vancouver. They could have folded so easily after the go ahead goal by NJ, but they got on with it. They are now tied with Dallas for the Western Conference lead (though Dallas hasn't finished their game yet), and they took 10 out of a possible 12 points from their road trip! I think this one win against NJ almost means more than their 10 game winning streak, as they proved they could come back after losing to the Islanders and then being down to NJ, coming back to win in OT. That takes character. Way to go guys!

too bad your not in the draft!

Well i've got to hand it to Van after 10 straight they could easily be very flat. the devils are pretty boring to watch i must say. I was watching the Minni/oilers game the other night and boy that was boring. Mini plays the trap and it really kills the mood. There was only 15,500 at the game in edm. the lowest of the seaon. I really think tampa and mini are both gonna fall off here in the second half. They are gonna get alot more attention now that they have a rep. Edmonton is going into a three game trip in florida. Tamps, Florida and Atlannta, i think they can win all three and get a good 7 game streak going. Salo is finally playing like he should he has a only allowed 11 goals in his last 9 games!!! When he plays good the oilers can really light it up!

Also i just readon www.sportsnet.ca that Boris Mirinov has left the Hawks and is demanding a trade. I wonder who will pick him up. I remember when he played for the oilers. He is a good d-man! Maybe Vancouver could make a pitch!

Yeah, I hate the trap. What I love about the Oilers is that they take pride in playing aggressive, offensive-minded hockey. Hard hitting, free-flowing - in short a skill game. The Canucks are just that way. I wish everyone in the NHL played the way Vancouver and Edmonton do!

As for the Devils, maybe they should look into playing a more entertaining game: did you see how few people were in attendance? Half the building was empty! When the Canucks play at home at GM Place, the place is packed every night. It just adds to the atmosphere that much more. There again, we do live in Canada, I suppose...

Michael Griffiths said:
I think this one win against NJ almost means more than their 10 game winning streak, as they proved they could come back after losing to the Islanders and then being down to NJ, coming back to win in OT. That takes character. Way to go guys!

i agree completely. when they were still on the streak i was a bit worried about how theyd deal with a loss. second game in two nights, and at the end of a road trip, it would have been easy to quit after the second period tonite.

now if only bertuzzi would use a ccm helmet again. those itechs (and jofa's) are the worst thing to happen to the sport since the nashville predators and peter klima.

on a side note, i bought an easton synergy tonite...what a stick. my slapshot is about the same, but my wrist and snapshots are definately better.

But come on - Wayne just wouldn't have been Wayne without that Jofa! It was his trademark! It's what made him look just that much cooler than Lemieux. You gotta' love fake helmets, no?

Remember when Lemieux used that really ugly (what was it called?) - anyway, glad he's not using it anymore...

Are you using the Easton for ice hockey? They're amazing sticks. I had one of the original aluminum ones (not the Gretzky Tiffanys one! haha), and even that was amazing.

Whats amatter with Klima???

He was great!

I think most of the Canadian teams play an open hard hitting good to watch game. I think they do this because up hear the fans wont accept anything else. The Oilers wouldnt sell out every night if they had to sit through the trap. Canadians are very smart fans and dont stnad for boring hockey.

10 days and counting till Vancouver V. Edmonton.

We should make a bet on this Michael. Whoever loses has to pay for a months subscription to interference!!!

bonoman said:
for the other person and ourselves!!!

So you up for it?
That does sound interesting... I'll be in LA (of all places) from the 12th to the 24th of Dec., so I won't be able to catch the game! (I can't believe I forgot about that...) I'll be checking the scores, though! Well, that does sound alright. Sure, let's bet!

i seriously lose bets every time.

me and my best friend bet on the det. van series last year and he went insane after game 2. you know the rest of the story...

is that game against edmonton on a saturday and if so, i imagine it would be on hnic? which city is it in?

edmonton lost in florida tonite :up:

:p

on a more serious note, im sorry you have to travel at christmas time micheal. i would not want to be in the la airport then...

ofcourse i dont mean to play on your nerves... :S

Zoomerang96 said:
i seriously lose bets every time.

me and my best friend bet on the det. van series last year and he went insane after game 2. you know the rest of the story...

is that game against edmonton on a saturday and if so, i imagine it would be on hnic? which city is it in?

edmonton lost in florida tonite :up:

:p

on a more serious note, im sorry you have to travel at christmas time micheal. i would not want to be in the la airport then...

ofcourse i dont mean to play on your nerves... :S
I know, Christmas in LA, at the airport - God help me...

So the bet is on...

Ah, they (the Canucks) looked off tonight. They were carrying the play, getting all kinds of chances, but just couldn't hit the damn net! They were making the right plays, just not finishing them. It's like they were just a little too tired or something. I guess a road trip like the one they were just on could do that to a team. Now Minnesotta is I think just one point back. Man, the Western Conference is *tight*!

Well the Oilers are back on track. They won their back-back with Florida and Atlanta, yes tehy are easy teams but you've got to beat all the easy teams. Ya i watched the VAN-MINN game. Man that hit by Jovo was brutal. I dont think he meant to hurt him but it was a bad hit. I wonder if he'll get a suspension. Did anyone see the Comrie-Kovalchuk fight? Kovalchuk was pulling Comries HAIR!!! And then Comries jersey wasny tied down and he got thrown out. But thats the rules. oilers have two straight shutouts!! And by different Goalies. I think Edmonton has the best two goalie tandem in the NHL. Markenenn is gonna be a great goalie in a few years.

Back
Top Bottom