The Vancouver Canucks Are Officially The "Swedest" Team In The NHL (Arvedson!) - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2003, 02:16 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:49 PM
I come from a long line of talented swedes who want nothing to do with low brow "Fantasy Sports Leagues" organised by guys who live in Alberta.

When is the deadline?

Old 09-12-2003, 11:14 PM   #17
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Griffiths
I just had a thought. If the Canucks ever won the Cup, instead of pouring champagne or beer into it, they'd probably just turn it into a giant bong! The parade down Georgia into Stanley Park (to bring its namesake home) would be hidden under the biggest cloud of smoke this side Texercana. (Texercana is the actual place where a lot of pot is grown in BC...hence why people refer to it as "Texercana Gold".)
I heard the weed we export over to the states is known as BC Hydro heh heh heh, never thought i'd feel proud of one of our crown corporations.

Old 09-13-2003, 12:44 AM   #18
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener

Swedes from Minnesota...get out of here!

And they did. Denver is actually a pretty damn nice place to live if you ask me. It is on my list of "potential place to live."

Cousin Avi! I like the sound of that.
Well, they could definitely have picked worse places.

But if we'd stayed in Minnesota, I probably would have played hockey sooner...and maybe I would have been really good...and gotten a scholarship or something out of it, instead of being suck on the expensive, recreational level...hehehehehe

And I'd have known my cousin.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:52 AM   #19
New Yorker

Quote:

Yes, I will have to look into that pool. When's the deadline?

AvsGirl - Are you going to just take that lying down? Swedish talent is never a bad thing.
Eh. He's obviously one of those Canadians bitter over the astonishing talent of Europe.

Us Swedes can take it. The truth is obvious.

No knocking the Czechs, though.
Old 09-13-2003, 03:03 AM   #20
Refugee

Local Time: 09:49 PM
I'm going to make the autodraft for Tuesday Sept. 30th. That gives you more than two weeks to figure things out... nothing too difficult.

I was referring to Swedish talent as individual players, not generalized nationalistic ability. I actually cheered for them to win in hockey at the Winter Olympics last time 'round.

Go Sweden.

I am an island
Old 09-14-2003, 12:39 AM   #21
War Child

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pinball Wizard
[B]The superficial façade that was the Av's shallow confidence has now evaporated with retirements and departures. Get ready for an extra long winter, and a golf rich summer boys.

[QUOTE]

what are you talking about a facade? of course sakic, forsberg, hedjuk, tanguay, selanne, and kariya are just empty talent who have never amounted to much. NOT! you must baked out of your canadian mind to believe such crap. and as far as retirements, who do you mean, roy? of course that is a great loss, but all aebischer will have to do is keep his gaa under four and we'll win the northwest easily. THE WASTE OF SPACE CANUCKS WON'T STAND A CHANCE!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Oh and Messier hasn't done anything since '94? name me one guy on that crappy ny team that has!
Old 09-14-2003, 02:20 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:49 AM
Quote:

what are you talking about a facade? of course sakic, forsberg, hedjuk, tanguay, selanne, and kariya are just empty talent who have never amounted to much. NOT! you must baked out of your canadian mind to believe such crap. and as far as retirements, who do you mean, roy? of course that is a great loss, but all aebischer...
LOL!!

Quote:

Oh and Messier hasn't done anything since '94? name me one guy on that crappy ny team that has!
Uhm, Wayne Gretzky. (Unless you consider scoring two playoff hat tricks in one season and single handedly taking the team to the conference finals, as well as finishing in the top 4 in NHL scoring twice in a row--at the ages of 36 and 37--not doing anything.)
Old 09-14-2003, 03:02 AM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

gretzky is a douche
Old 09-14-2003, 03:25 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Not such a bad thing--if indeed he is a douche as you say--when you consider the purpose of such a douche.

Oh, Chiz. Why did I even go there with you? *hangs head in shame*
Old 09-14-2003, 04:07 AM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

did you guys realize thread specific ads are at the top of the page

like right now there is an ad for canucks tickets

oh the horror
Old 09-14-2003, 04:21 AM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip

like right now there is an ad for canucks tickets

oh the horror
It still hurts, doesn't it? Don't worry. Time heals all wounds.
Old 09-14-2003, 04:02 PM   #27
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by shrmn8rpoptart
what are you talking about a facade? of course sakic, forsberg, hedjuk, tanguay, selanne, and kariya are just empty talent who have never amounted to much. NOT! you must baked out of your canadian mind to believe such crap.
I will let your insolence slide for the moment, as you are obviously inexperienced. Colorado will return to pre-Bourque form... and there will be some major trades in the organization. The gratuitously talented offensive line-up will not stay intact for the entire season.

Quote:
and as far as retirements, who do you mean, roy? of course that is a great loss, but all aebischer will have to do is keep his gaa under four and we'll win the northwest easily.
The affectation that was Roy is gone. His marketability and past reputation allowed him to slide on a good team the past few years. His mystique carried him...

(Back off stat monkeys, I'm prepared to duel. If you want to see my arguments take a look at the Roy thread from a few months back. There's nothing left to say.)

The fact that you said a 4 GAA would be sufficient only perpetuates the fact that this whole team is a shell of incompleteness. Many in the past have taken the offense first stance and failed. They will fall apart like the Rangers.

Now, by all means continue your reactionary posturing with ignorant expressions and an insulting tone.

Works for me.

PS- I believe façade is in the dictionary. Don't mention it.
Old 09-14-2003, 05:45 PM   #28
New Yorker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by shrmn8rpoptart
[B][QUOTE]Originally posted by Pinball Wizard
The superficial façade that was the Av's shallow confidence has now evaporated with retirements and departures. Get ready for an extra long winter, and a golf rich summer boys.

Quote:

what are you talking about a facade? of course sakic, forsberg, hedjuk, tanguay, selanne, and kariya are just empty talent who have never amounted to much. NOT! you must baked out of your canadian mind to believe such crap. and as far as retirements, who do you mean, roy? of course that is a great loss, but all aebischer will have to do is keep his gaa under four and we'll win the northwest easily. THE WASTE OF SPACE CANUCKS WON'T STAND A CHANCE!!!!!!!!!! LOL

As the one sour Avs fan in Colorado, I will remind you of the hollowness of our third and fourth lines.

We are badly in need of some grit and grinders on those lines. I really don't see someone like Serge Aubin stepping up and giving it their all. What happens when our amazing 2 lines are on the bench, as they will be from time to time?

I'm not worried about Aebischer, but I *am* concerned about the lack of a real physical presence on our team.
Old 09-15-2003, 09:44 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie

But AvsGirl - Your first two lines are so potent, Chizip and Cujo could be centering the next two lines and it still wouldn't matter! Chiz would be sneaking beer into the Gatorade bottles, and Cuj would be busy reprimanding him for it (all the while drinking it) but Salanne, Kariya, Hejduk, Forsberg, and Sakic would be scoring in the mean time. Hey, why even bother with the other two lines? I say each of the top 2 lines should take turns double shifting! (J/K, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this late in the 3rd period if they desperately had to win a game in the playoffs.)
Old 09-15-2003, 11:22 PM   #30
New Yorker

Quote:
But AvsGirl - Your first two lines are so potent, Chizip and Cujo could be centering the next two lines and it still wouldn't matter! Chiz would be sneaking beer into the Gatorade bottles, and Cuj would be busy reprimanding him for it (all the while drinking it) but Salanne, Kariya, Hejduk, Forsberg, and Sakic would be scoring in the mean time. Hey, why even bother with the other two lines? I say each of the top 2 lines should take turns double shifting! (J/K, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this late in the 3rd period if they desperately had to win a game in the playoffs.)

But what if there are injuries? Slumps? Lack of chemistry? When it comes to penalty kill and *especially* the playoffs, those third and fourth lines have to contribute a goal or two.

My sister and dad went to training camp today. Sarah reports that Selanne and Sakic weren't clicking well, but that Kariya and Sakic did. It's only one day of camp and certainly nothing to judge a line on, but it added an interesting kink.