The Unofficial Interference 1990s Decade Pop-Culture Appreciation Thread!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TheQuiet1 said:

:eek: *Mutters* You may have won that battle but you lost the war!

:wink: Country House was better than Roll With It, I suppose

Lol! I am one of a rare species that liked both bands :hmm:

Of course, Spice Girls were number one for me :wink:

TheQuiet1 said:

:wink: Country House was better than Roll With It, I suppose

You said it!

Can I quote you on that??? He, he! :wink:

Britpop:drool:

i preferred Country House but Oasis were better in my opinion

Euro 96 when England lost to Germany on penalties, i was only 10 at the time and when Southgate missed it was like the end of the world. Just to make it worse they played 'Everybody Hurts' at the end credits:sad:

but it's not all doom and gloom. 1990's ruled

esp 1994-97 :drool:

plus in 1995 i heard my first ever U2 song and loved it - Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me :wink:

1stepcloser said:

Euro 96 when England lost to Germany on penalties, i was only 10 at the time and when Southgate missed it was like the end of the world. Just to make it worse they played 'Everybody Hurts' at the end credits:sad:

I'll always remember that moment! The first time I cried over football :huh:

oasis, blur, AND spice girls...i liked them all. haha. :wink:

the 90's is a definitive era for me because that's when i was in jr. high, high school, and college. i LOVE the 80's too but i can't relate to it as well as i can with the 90's. but it's hard to feel "nostalgic" for the 90's because it seems like the 90's was only yesterday. for some reason, 80's music sounds really "dated" but 90's music still sound fresh to me.

I also thought Countryhouse was better than Roll with it.
I remember Noel Gallagher being really grumpy and saying that if Roll with it had been a Beatles song it would have been a classic.
Duh! Of course it would have. Every Beatles song is a classic because it's Beatles. Oasis however, were not Beatles, but I liked them anyway. I liked both Oasis and Blur.
Damon looked better than Liam though... :wink:

I tried thinking about fashion in the 90's, but all I can remember is the retro 70's clothes that were considered cool at some time, and lots of brown and orange. Dull fashion, but I'm not as ashamed of that as I am when I look at pictures of myself in 80's clothes...

Edit to add: Hold me Thrill me Kiss me Kill me was the first U2 song I had on CD. It was on a compilation from the 96' Brit Awards. That's how I got into them.

Last edited:
anne_j said:

tried thinking about fashion in the 90's, but all I can remember is the retro 70's clothes that were considered cool at some time, and lots of brown and orange. Dull fashion, but I'm not as ashamed of that as I am when I look at pictures of myself in 80's clothes...

The grunge look - ie jeans, lumberjack type shirts was big around the time of Nirvana as was that deconstructed look on the catwalks where people wore outfits made up of several bits of other outfits of all different textures.:huh:

Laird/Bono said:
The OJ trial.....................

I was just going to mention this...there may never be a media circus the magnitude of that ever again...even the Michael Jackson trial couldn't compare to the now legendary OJ trial.

well, the only times I cried over football weren't in the 90's... euro 2000 1/2 finals portugal - france and of course the final of euro 2004 :sad: :sad: :banghead:

but the feeling it's the same

maybe I should have been born 10 years before... the 00's kind of suck... and I could attend ZOO tv and popmart shows... :|

Come on, I can't be the only one who liked the Spice Girls!

spice04.jpg

...can I?

um.....

DONT FORGET 90'S NICKELODEON!!!!!!!!!

DOUG
RUGRATS
REN AND STIMPY
PETE AND PETE
CLARISSA EXPLAINS IT ALL
ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK?
AHHHH REAL MONSTERS
SALUTE YOUR SHORTS

ETC. ETC. ETC.

:drool:

Laird/Bono said:
The OJ trial.....................

I went to school with someone called OJ Simpson :laugh:

And don't forget the 1997 election when New Labour brought an end to 18 years of Tory rule. "Things Can Only Get Better..." :dance: Who says politicans don't have a sense of humour? ;)

popmart86 said:
um.....

DONT FORGET 90'S NICKELODEON!!!!!!!!!

DOUG
RUGRATS
REN AND STIMPY
PETE AND PETE
CLARISSA EXPLAINS IT ALL
ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK?
AHHHH REAL MONSTERS
SALUTE YOUR SHORTS

ETC. ETC. ETC.

:drool:

Those were the best shows ever...........I watched all of them all the time :drool:

What about Sabrina the Teenage Witch?

...How old is Melissa Joan Hart anyway?!

EDIT: Nevermind. I discovered the power of Google by myself! ;)

:eek: at the answer though!

Last edited:
Great decade, indeed. For sports, as a figure skating fan I'd add Michelle Kwan, Nancy Kerrigan, Kristi Yamaguchi, Lu Chen, and Oksana Baiul.

Man, this is bringing back lots of great memories. :)

The 90's were a great decade, especially for music. I started to really appreciate music in the late 80's, and many of the bands/albums mentioned here absolutely blew my mind.

popmart86 - was Tara Lipinski really around in skating in the 90's? I thought she was big this decade? :shrug:

Great thread idea! :up:

Holy smokes, I completely forgot about the men skaters. How about Elvis Stojko, Philippe Candeloro, Todd Eldredge, Ilia Kulik, and Alexei Urmanov?

a couple of my favorite things from the 90s:

early-90s Guns n' Roses: they just ruled the world at the time of the "Use Your Illusion" albums

"My So-Called Life": God, how i loved this show... Jordan Catalano = :drool:

"Reality Bites": still love this movie AND the soundtrack :heart:

the early seasons of MTV's "Real World": the first season in NYC (Norman! Eric Nies!) and the San Francisco season (Pedro, Puck) are still my favorties

*Ally* said:
a couple of my favorite things from the 90s:

early-90s Guns n' Roses: they just ruled the world at the time of the "Use Your Illusion" albums

"My So-Called Life": God, how i loved this show... Jordan Catalano = :drool:

"Reality Bites": still love this movie AND the soundtrack :heart:

the early seasons of MTV's "Real World": the first season in NYC (Norman! Eric Nies!) and the San Francisco season (Pedro, Puck) are still my favorties

Oh my god - how could I have forgotten these?! :up: :up:

Back
Top Bottom