The Un-Cola Randooooooooooom - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2005, 07:03 PM   #346
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room
Question for you girls.

Do you think the bar is a good place to meet someone? Its the cliche' to say you wont meet a good person at the bar but do you think that is really true? I hardly ever go to the bar any longer, maybe thats why I dont meet anyone.

One of my friends met her boyfriend at a pool hall and they've been together for 10 years. Another met her last boyfriend in a bar and within a few weeks she gave him access to her credit card and she recently filed for bankruptcy because of the damage he did with that. So it goes both ways I guess! But I do feel that when I am out an a guy approaches me he's really not looking to meet his dream girl.

Old 08-16-2005, 07:04 PM   #347
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann

I have no idea where to meet anyone anymore. My problem is that I hardly have any single friends so I dont even have the opportunity to try the bar scene.
At least its not just me with that problem.

Old 08-16-2005, 07:07 PM   #348
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
Right now I want to enjoy dating and see what's out there. if I meet a guy while I'm out, cool, if not, no biggie. I'm not going to go nuts, but I do not want to settle down right now. lol

All my mom's friends' kids are getting married and having babies and I'm still at home and single. I feel like the biggest disappointment lately.

/depressing
Old 08-16-2005, 07:09 PM   #349
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Nothing wrong with being single though either.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:12 PM   #350
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room
Nothing wrong with being single though either.
That's true...it's easier to run around the country/world with my friends since I'm unattached.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:14 PM   #351
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg

That's true...it's easier to run around the country/world with my friends since I'm unattached.
There is a large part of me that loves the independent and total freedom.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:20 PM   #352
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg

All my mom's friends' kids are getting married and having babies and I'm still at home and single. I feel like the biggest disappointment lately.

/depressing

Too weird we're having this conversation tonight. When my aunt and uncle were over Sunday they were talking about how some of my cousins are thinking about having babies, getting married/divorced, and building houses, etc, and as I sat there across from them in my apartment I felt like a total loser. Even my younger cousin Tony is a dad now. After they left I talked to my mom, who said, "Do you want to get married right now? Do you want a house? Don't you like living alone, and not having to answer to anyone?" I just looked at her and she said, "You're not a loser!"

I love my mom... Always putting things in perspective. It's just that society pressure we're all feeling, I guess, Schmeg.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:22 PM   #353
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Too weird we're having this conversation tonight. When my aunt and uncle were over Sunday they were talking about how some of my second cousins are thinking about having babies, and building houses, etc, and as I sat there across from them in my apartment I felt like a total loser. After they left I talked to my mom, who said, "Do you want to get married right now? Do you want a house? Don't you like living alone, and not having to answer to anyone?" I just looked at her and she said, "You're not a loser!"

I love my mom... Always putting things in perspective. It's just that society pressure we're all feeling, I guess, Schmeg.
You know what...my mom would say the same thing.

Society sucks!! Not to mention I forget to feed myself, the last things I needs are a husband and some kids!
Old 08-16-2005, 07:23 PM   #354
Blue Crack Addict

My first post in Random....I totally relate to you girlies. April and I have "discussed" this rationally and calmly many times....
Old 08-16-2005, 07:27 PM   #355
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by starsgoblue
My first post in Random....I totally relate to you girlies. April and I have "discussed" this rationally and calmly many times....

*cough* Yes, calmly....

Quote:
You know what...my mom would say the same thing.

Society sucks!! Not to mention I forget to feed myself, the last things I needs are a husband and some kids!

Moms

Speaking of that, my mom says I'm so obsessively clean I'd be in the middle of dinner and it'd take me three hours to make it and my kids would starve.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:28 PM   #356
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Quote:

Too weird we're having this conversation tonight. When my aunt and uncle were over Sunday they were talking about how some of my cousins are thinking about having babies, getting married/divorced, and building houses, etc, and as I sat there across from them in my apartment I felt like a total loser. Even my younger cousin Tony is a dad now. After they left I talked to my mom, who said, "Do you want to get married right now? Do you want a house? Don't you like living alone, and not having to answer to anyone?" I just looked at her and she said, "You're not a loser!"

I guess I'm lucky in a way since my mom doesnt pressure me to find a husband or give her grand babies. My brother is way older and gave her grandbabies that have grand babies so she has always been like live your life for you. Yes she would like me to find a man to love and be loved by but she understands that it's not easy to find a good one.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:32 PM   #357
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
[B]

*cough* Yes, calmly....
Yeah, I believe you.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:34 PM   #358
Blue Crack Distributor

If I had a glass of Guinness right now I'd raise it to the randoooooom moms.

My mom stopped bugging me about grandkids a long time ago. She realizes her only one is going to be a fur grandbaby by the name of Mia.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:38 PM   #359
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
If I had a glass of Guinness right now I'd raise it to the randoooooom moms.

I had some Strongbow earlier so we can say I drank to the randooooom moms for all of us.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:41 PM   #360
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I was going to do something after the Real World finished but now I can't remember