The Un-Cola Randooooooooooom - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2005, 06:24 PM   #316
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797
I need to send out a few more emails this week I still don't know what to say and I obviously said the wrong thing to the guy that I took 3 weeks to say something to because he didn't respond.
Are you doing the online dating site thing? I tried it a couple of months ago and I had the same problem. What do you say? Just seemed awkward to me. The only cool part is a girl I knew in High School recognized me and emailed me and I had a chance to catch up with her. Otherwise......

Old 08-16-2005, 06:28 PM   #317
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room

Are you doing the online dating site thing? I tried it a couple of months ago and I had the same problem. What do you say? Just seemed awkward to me. The only cool part is a girl I knew in High School recognized me and emailed me and I had a chance to catch up with her. Otherwise......

Yep. I just said hi and my name and gave him my email. I used to have in my profile that I'm a U2 fan so I would get all sorts of emails asking me what my favorite song is Last week a guy emailed me and all he said was did you have fun on your last trip since I have that I travel a lot. It's very awkward to me too. I've gone out on a few dates. Two of my cousins met their current boyfriends on this site and from what everyone in the family says both of these boys will be part of the family soon. So I guess it works for some people. I must not be cute enough because no one ever looks at my profile

Old 08-16-2005, 06:32 PM   #318
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
I'm home from Brazenhead so be forwarned...as I am a bit tipsy from a few pints fo the Johnny Jump Up!
Old 08-16-2005, 06:33 PM   #319
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

A guy I work with is getting married in two weeks and he met his future wife on eharmony. So I guess it works sometimes, although, I think that particular site is people looking to get married. So maybe its more apt to happen there.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:36 PM   #320
arw
Blue Crack Addict

the place I'm on is religion specific although I'm not a religious person in anyway.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:37 PM   #321
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann
I'm home from Brazenhead so be forwarned...as I am a bit tipsy from a few pints fo the Johnny Jump Up!

Did you have a good time with CF?
Old 08-16-2005, 06:40 PM   #322
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Quote:

Did you have a good time with CF?
It wasnt bad...just us. I talked about Ireland and she was cool with it. It was ok. I really miss Ireland again though...more so than after the Irish festival.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:41 PM   #323
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
the place I'm on is religion specific although I'm not a religious person in anyway.
Thats cool, hopefully there are more decent guys there for you to chose from. Hopefully being a religious one they will have some values and scruples. Some of the free for all sites can have some real losers, like Yahoo Personals
Old 08-16-2005, 06:41 PM   #324
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room
A guy I work with is getting married in two weeks and he met his future wife on eharmony. So I guess it works sometimes, although, I think that particular site is people looking to get married. So maybe its more apt to happen there.
A woman I work with was widowed for two years before she decided to get back into dating. She met her current boyfriend through eharmony and they've been together over a year.

What about guys you've had a good time with yet they don't call you until 3 weeks have passed and leave a voicemail to go out? (This is "Edge" guy we're talking about...) Not even a "hey, it was nice to meet you" e-mail or call within the week afterwards.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:42 PM   #325
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Yep. I just said hi and my name and gave him my email. I used to have in my profile that I'm a U2 fan so I would get all sorts of emails asking me what my favorite song is Last week a guy emailed me and all he said was did you have fun on your last trip since I have that I travel a lot. It's very awkward to me too. I've gone out on a few dates. Two of my cousins met their current boyfriends on this site and from what everyone in the family says both of these boys will be part of the family soon. So I guess it works for some people. I must not be cute enough because no one ever looks at my profile
I was talking to CF about the dating site thing tonight and if she's met boys with hers then you should have some success at some point because you are just as cute.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:43 PM   #326
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel

A woman I work with was widowed for two years before she decided to get back into dating. She met her current boyfriend through eharmony and they've been together over a year.

What about guys you've had a good time with yet they don't call you until 3 weeks have passed and leave a voicemail to go out? (This is "Edge" guy we're talking about...) Not even a "hey, it was nice to meet you" e-mail or call within the week afterwards.
I just want to meet a boy...heck I just want to flirt with a boy.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:44 PM   #327
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel

I would say its a sign he has issues or isnt ready to date. Either way I dont think its a good thing. One of the things about dating that stinks. The mind games, I hate it. Is he or she interested? Should I call? When will they call? Do I look desparate? etc, etc..................
Old 08-16-2005, 06:45 PM   #328
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

heck I just want to flirt with a boy.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:45 PM   #329
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I was talking to CF about the dating site thing tonight and if she's met boys with hers then you should have some success at some point because you are just as cute.
I've seen her picture. I though you'd say that I was cuter
Old 08-16-2005, 06:46 PM   #330
ONE
love, blood, life

Of course the night I get to go out and make myself look really good it's a slow night at the ole pub.