The Un-Cola Randooooooooooom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Room said:

Thats cool, hopefully there are more decent guys there for you to chose from. Hopefully being a religious one they will have some values and scruples. Some of the free for all sites can have some real losers, like Yahoo Personals :yikes:

Jewish mothers are relentless. They don't stop until all of their children are married. So I think everyone on that site is afraid of their mothers and are on their because of them! Most of the guys on that place are really looking to settle down more than anything. So that is one nice thing but it's also bad because everyone has been around the block a lot and are so set in their ways. They think someones tiny little profile gives them enough info about that person for them to determine that they're not interested.

arw9797 said:

Jewish mothers are relentless. They don't stop until all of their children are married. So I think everyone on that site is afraid of their mothers and are on their because of them! Most of the guys on that place are really looking to settle down more than anything. So that is one nice thing but it's also bad because everyone has been around the block a lot and are so set in their ways. They think someones tiny little profile gives them enough info about that person for them to determine that they're not interested.

Ah, is that what you are looking to do though? If so, thats great! Good luck with it! :up:

Blue Room said:

I would say its a sign he has issues or isnt ready to date. Either way I dont think its a good thing. One of the things about dating that stinks. The mind games, I hate it. Is he or she interested? Should I call? When will they call? Do I look desparate? etc, etc..................

I'd say so, lol. I'm just glad that I didn't come away from it as liking him as more than a potential friend, but, hell, even friends tell you the next day if they had a good time with you! :rolleyes:

Oh, well... Time to focus on the musician and the quiet boy now. :shrug:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Either that or, in my case, every girl with a perfect body and the skankiest clothes decides to go to the same bar I'm at. I HATE that. :tsk:
Or the cute guy you meet turns out to be your little brother's age and that's just weird, no matter what your friends tell you. But then you read He's Just Not That Into You and you find out that since he didn't ask for your number, he wasn't realyl interested anyway. :scream:

Question for you girls.

Do you think the bar is a good place to meet someone? Its the cliche' to say you wont meet a good person at the bar but do you think that is really true? I hardly ever go to the bar any longer, maybe thats why I dont meet anyone. :shrug:

Blue Room said:

Ah, is that what you are looking to do though? If so, thats great! Good luck with it! :up:

I'm not looking to just find a date. I'd like to find somone to settle down with. I'm very much ready for that in my life. I just need to find someone and although I have no interest in the religion I was brought up in I have less interest in any other religion so I figure I would just stick to what I know. Whoever I find will have to just accept the fact that I'm not interested in "our" religion and if we have kids it'll be their responsibility to teach or not teach our kids about religion because I personally could care less about it.

Blue Room said:
Question for you girls.

Do you think the bar is a good place to meet someone? Its the cliche' to say you wont meet a good person at the bar but do you think that is really true? I hardly ever go to the bar any longer, maybe thats why I dont meet anyone. :shrug:

I have no idea where to meet anyone anymore. My problem is that I hardly have any single friends so I dont even have the opportunity to try the bar scene.

Blue Room said:
Question for you girls.

I don't really believe in the bar as a great place to meet someone, but I have met interesting people and I've been invited to Navy Band concerts at bars. :laugh:

I went to the creepy grocery store by my apartment today and they actually had something I wanted that my mom always buys but I can never find: They had mint Tofutti Cuties :drool: I thought I was going to cry tears of happiness right there. I want to eat the whole box :yum:

Kariann said:

I have no idea where to meet anyone anymore. My problem is that I hardly have any single friends so I dont even have the opportunity to try the bar scene.
Ditto...or my single friends all live near where I work, which is a 45 minute drive from home, which is considered a day trip in my little state. Or they live in like Ohoi or Minnesota or something. :wink:

Blue Room said:
Question for you girls.

One of my friends met her boyfriend at a pool hall and they've been together for 10 years. Another met her last boyfriend in a bar and within a few weeks she gave him access to her credit card and she recently filed for bankruptcy because of the damage he did with that. So it goes both ways I guess! But I do feel that when I am out an a guy approaches me he's really not looking to meet his dream girl.

Blue Room said:
Question for you girls.

I've met people a lot of different ways... The bar, a singles cruise, through friends. I guess it just depends. :shrug:

Right now I want to enjoy dating and see what's out there. if I meet a guy while I'm out, cool, if not, no biggie. I'm not going to go nuts, but I do not want to settle down right now. :no: lol

Kariann said:

At least its not just me with that problem. :|

Right now I want to enjoy dating and see what's out there. if I meet a guy while I'm out, cool, if not, no biggie. I'm not going to go nuts, but I do not want to settle down right now. :no: lol
:up: :up: :up:

All my mom's friends' kids are getting married and having babies and I'm still at home and single. :| I feel like the biggest disappointment lately.

/depressing

Blue Room said:
Nothing wrong with being single though either. :up:
That's true...it's easier to run around the country/world with my friends since I'm unattached.

Schmeg said:

:up: :up: :up:

All my mom's friends' kids are getting married and having babies and I'm still at home and single. :| I feel like the biggest disappointment lately.

/depressing

Too weird we're having this conversation tonight. When my aunt and uncle were over Sunday they were talking about how some of my cousins are thinking about having babies, getting married/divorced, and building houses, etc, and as I sat there across from them in my apartment I felt like a total loser. Even my younger cousin Tony is a dad now. After they left I talked to my mom, who said, "Do you want to get married right now? Do you want a house? Don't you like living alone, and not having to answer to anyone?" I just looked at her and she said, "You're not a loser!" :laugh:

I love my mom... Always putting things in perspective. It's just that society pressure we're all feeling, I guess, Schmeg.

Too weird we're having this conversation tonight. When my aunt and uncle were over Sunday they were talking about how some of my second cousins are thinking about having babies, and building houses, etc, and as I sat there across from them in my apartment I felt like a total loser. After they left I talked to my mom, who said, "Do you want to get married right now? Do you want a house? Don't you like living alone, and not having to answer to anyone?" I just looked at her and she said, "You're not a loser!" :laugh:

I love my mom... Always putting things in perspective. It's just that society pressure we're all feeling, I guess, Schmeg.
You know what...my mom would say the same thing. :heart:

:madspit: Society sucks!! Not to mention I forget to feed myself, the last things I needs are a husband and some kids! :lol:

starsgoblue said:
My first post in Random....I totally relate to you girlies. April and I have "discussed" this rationally and calmly many times....:wink:

*cough* Yes, calmly.... :shifty: :wink:

You know what...my mom would say the same thing.

Society sucks!! Not to mention I forget to feed myself, the last things I needs are a husband and some kids!

Moms :heart:

Speaking of that, my mom says I'm so obsessively clean I'd be in the middle of dinner and it'd take me three hours to make it and my kids would starve. :shh:

Too weird we're having this conversation tonight. When my aunt and uncle were over Sunday they were talking about how some of my cousins are thinking about having babies, getting married/divorced, and building houses, etc, and as I sat there across from them in my apartment I felt like a total loser. Even my younger cousin Tony is a dad now. After they left I talked to my mom, who said, "Do you want to get married right now? Do you want a house? Don't you like living alone, and not having to answer to anyone?" I just looked at her and she said, "You're not a loser!" :laugh:

I guess I'm lucky in a way since my mom doesnt pressure me to find a husband or give her grand babies. My brother is way older and gave her grandbabies that have grand babies so she has always been like live your life for you. Yes she would like me to find a man to love and be loved by but she understands that it's not easy to find a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom