The UK music/DJ scene...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Can someone essplain this to me? The whole music scene in UK/London/Dublin seems to be crankin' ALL the time. Music seems much more varied over there (from everything I've heard on the BBC/Radio 1/on line stations). Music seems to be more 'important' there than here in the U.S. (prolly cos most of our popular *cough*music*cough* is manufactured); and DJs, who are many times simply a joke here in the states, are as famous as celebrities/models/actors over there (i.e., Edge asked by some girl if he was a DJ, and when he said he was in U2, she was *disappointed*!).

What gives?

Is it a certain mindset? Are people more 'mature' musically over there? Or...is it just the Ecstacy?
wink.gif

It's just been one of those burning questions of mine for about...oh, 20 years.

UK Interferencers, fill me in!
smile.gif

i think its the ecstacy.

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Originally posted by bono_man:
i think its the ecstacy.

"I'm glad Ecstasy's invading America. It'll make the music better - you wouldn't want to take it and listen to Creed."
-- Stuart Braithwaite of Mogwai

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

Good question Disco,

Looking at the Global Underground series gives a good idea of the worldwide talent of DJs. There are very few American artists in that series. I kinda get the impression fans of Euro-DJs are more into the music than potential fans in the States. The initial reaction of first-time ravers in the States rubs off as the same type of underage kids that go binging. I think the EuroDj scene is much more professional. I need to listen to more Canadien DJs.

One word: Ibiza

Back
Top Bottom