The U2ME3 Memorial Fantasy Baseball League

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'd like to know who everyone in the league is.. and i'd like to post each person's team name here on the site so that everyone else knows. that's only fair... i'll send a league wide e-mail this weekend if people don't post their names here.

if by next friday i still don't know which interferencer belongs to which team, i will lock the teams whom i don't know who they are.

i dont know why chi_town thinks that trade was unfair

i needed an outfielder, and just 2 years ago edmonds was an MVP candidate batting over 300 with 42 homeruns. he was battling through some injuries last year but im banking on him coming close to his numbers from 2 years ago. plus chavez is not a bad player to stick in at third base.

and i was always concerned about carbrera's production in florida's minor league lineup.

so im happy with the trade on my end.

these are the teams and their managers that i know

i like balls - headache in a suitcase
money being money - hewson
cream and clears - chizip
fake edges - stlelevation
bamfers - u2me3
Zoo Station - The OOTS
Los Mescaleros - DaveC
Calvinballers - Calvin N. Hobbes
LAAngels - pubcrawler (i think)
Montreal Vampires (i assume this is canadiens... but i'm not 100%)

that leaves these teams still unknown...
chitown_repeats
Riverdance Jiggle

if you don't make yourself known to the group by wednesday, your teams will be locked. after a week of being locked, your teams will be deleted.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
these are the teams and their managers that i know

i like balls - headache in a suitcase
money being money - hewson
cream and clears - chizip
fake edges - stlelevation
bamfers - u2me3
Zoo Station - The OOTS
Los Mescaleros - DaveC
Calvinballers - Calvin N. Hobbes
LAAngels - pubcrawler (i think)
Montreal Vampires (i assume this is canadiens... but i'm not 100%)

that leaves these teams still unknown...
chitown_repeats
Riverdance Jiggle

if you don't make yourself known to the group by wednesday, your teams will be locked. after a week of being locked, your teams will be deleted.

chiotwn_repeats = imarocker

last chance for riverdance jiggle to reply eithe rby e-mail or here in this thread as to who you actually are.

your team will be locked at noon est today if you do not reveal yourself.

I know there isn't like a message forum on the actual page itself where you could, for instance, ask for offers for Tim Hudson or say "I need owners to ID themselves or get locked" or anything.

Jeez, you are just jealous that I got Kerry Wood and Mark Prior on the same team, and you want to get your greedy mitts all over them....yeah that's the ticket.

:wink:
delete the two dead teams, leave mine alone

Anyone check the standings lately? Right where I should be. And A-Rod and Big Papi haven't even started hitting yet.

late.

out.

peace.

m
e

so it looks like it's down to you and me slugger...

if i blow this lead that ive had essentially all summer for the 2nd time in 3 years im going to punch myself in the gut and call myself peyton

I'm not going to three peat. :mad: I guess that was determined sometime in June/July though. :madspit:

However, it does come down to the final day of the season (if there are no make up games tomorrow) to see who takes the championship!

1.5 points on the second to last day :hyper:

it's all tiiiiied up, and basically it comes down to pitching... esp. WHIP...

bonderman, schmidt and harden starting with lidge, rivera, zumaya & meredith coming out of the pen for the I Like Balls Fantasy All Stars

bonderman, zumaya and meredith are all playing for division crowns, harden is looking to tune up for the playoffs and schmidt will be pitching to knock off the hated dogers.

oh the drama :drool:

Last edited:
1.5 points on the second to last day :hyper:

it's all tiiiiied up, and basically it comes down to pitching... esp. WHIP...

bonderman, schmidt and harden starting with lidge, rivera, zumaya & meredith coming out of the pen for the I Like Balls Fantasy All Stars

It comes down to wins, too. I've got to be careful about protecting my lead in wins today and, yet, by pitching Willis, Williams and Tejada, I'm throwing three guys with sky-high WHIPS. :ohmy:

On another note, it would f'ing help if my f'ing offense would do something today. Soriano is slumping and not playing so much this last week, and that, along with a slumping Morneau and a resting Frank Thomas are killing me.

Harden needs to have a bad game. He's due for one.

I need the Angels to blow the A's out. If that happens, Harden doesn't get a win and K-Rod doesn't get save (which helps me). Frankie set the club record for saves last night so I'm praying he isn't used.

t1_selig_ap.jpg

co-champs? how would we break the tie?

Jebus.

Well, I give myself credit for being incredibly awesome. About 3 weeks into the season I had like 47 points and was in last place. Only reason I climbed was 'cause midseason I picked up Morneau, Putz, Otsuka, McCann, Frank Thomas and Zimmerman off the free agent list.

Funny, there wasn't any decent offense to pick up off the free agent list last year (after the first two or so months of the season). There was so much talent left up for grabs this year. Dunno why. :shrug:

I did F up in letting go of a few pitchers who proceeded to go on winning streaks/turn their season around right after I dropped them.

Back
Top Bottom