The truth is out there

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
redhotswami said:
:love:

I am regressing. This happens to me every year. I miss this show. I still remember Mulder's badge number because I am that badass. So come on over friends, and let's talk about the good ol' days.

Though, I must warn you, to me, the series does not exist after season 6, and even season 6 is debatable. It lost its flair once they moved the set to LA. Referring to anything post season 6 gets me violently ill.

Come on out you closet philers!

I loved this show more than any other, though perhaps Seinfeld tied. Now, it's the new Battlestar Galactica as the most dramaticall- realistic writing and definitely the most politically-insightful show.

Season 6 had problems, and Season 7 was unforgiveable, but I LOVED Sein Und Zeit and Closure; they make that season worth it for me!

Carmelu2fan said:
thdavid1.jpg

I trust no one:shifty:

You know, what's sad. I'm a hetero male and even I enjoyed looking at the above pic several years ago. Duchovny.net, right?

I'm mostly into the X-Files as a mythology episode man. It was the main reason I watched the show. I only started to appreciate non-mythology eps around season 4 and in rewatching older seasons.

Anasazi made me a closet fan, who became committed to watching this strange show from May 1995 on, and Talitha Cumi was the 3rd season finale that made me a proud X-Files fan, who tried to convert people to this amazing show. Redux II has to be my favorite. The best ep in Season 4 was Paper Hearts to me.

Has anyone bought the music from the show CDs?

The X-Files film score CD was fine, but only music up to the middle of Season 3 is on CD and it has some awful dialogue inserted to add cheesiness. I have always been dying for music from Seasons 3 to, say, 5 or 6. Mark Snow even wanted to release it, but Fox, which owns his music for the show, denied him that right. Bastards!

Yeah, I had all those XF CDs. I did like the CD of Mark Snow's music from the show.

The only song I remember liking from that other song compilation was Red Right Hand by Nick Cave. Great, creepy song, perfectly used in the episode where Duane Barry's got Scully stuffed in the trunk.

The movie soundtrack had a few decent songs on it, but overall was pretty meh.

I used to have X-Files books. :reject: I used to write X-Files fan fiction. :reject: I used to tape every episode and write down all the dialogue of my favourite episodes. :reject: I had the X-Files PlayStation game. :reject: I cut my little sister's Barbie doll's hair in a Scully bob because the Barbie had red hair. :reject: I was a Scully/Mulder shipper. :reject:

Ah, The X-Files, television show of my childhood and early teens. It has been ages since I've seen an episode. I should probably buy some DVDs. Goodness knows where all the old VHS tapes have disappeared to.

And for the shippers, remember the outtake of the infamous hallway scene in Fight the Future? I lost the file I downloaded of it not too long ago, but found it again on YouTube. There's actually a 'this video may contain content that is inappropriate for some users' warning on it! :giggle:

GibsonGirl, you wrote fanfic too????? I'm dying to know what your pen name was, but I don't dare ask you to post it publicly. :wink:

I never saw that outtake until last year - it made the rounds of all my pals from the XF days. there was much squealing. What a thing of beauty!

My sister and my wife were "crazy" into X-Files several years ago when it was on; I was just a casual fan.

My sister recently lent us all 9 seasons (plus the movie) on DVD for us to watch and we have been diligently plowing through it ever since.

Funny thing I have found is that when I was younger I didn't dig the mythology arcs that much; I was more interested in the stand-alone episodes. I think that's because I didn't get to watch all of them so half the time I had no Idea what the hell was going on.

Now watching it again I'm really digging the mythology episodes with the black oil and the bounty hunters and the rebels. We are on Series 7 right now, getting close to the point were "the idiot" (as my wife affectionately calls David Duchovony) is about to leave the show...

elevated_u2_fan said:
We are on Series 7 right now, getting close to the point were "the idiot" (as my wife affectionately calls David Duchovony) is about to leave the show...

I just did the same thing, all 9 seasons from August '06 to February '07.

Don't fret. David Duchovny is actually in about 1/2 or a little more than 1/2 the episodes in Season 8. And I really, really liked Season 8. Gillian's acting is just AMAZINGLY GREAT in Season 8!!!!!! (Pay attention to her interrogation scene in "This Is Not Happening". Emmy/Golden Globe caliber acting!) :applaud:

Last edited:
FitzChivalry said:

I just did the same thing, all 9 seasons from August '06 to February '07.

Don't fret. David Duchovny is actually in about 1/2 or a little more than 1/2 the episodes in Season 8. And I really, really liked Season 8. Gillian's acting is just AMAZINGLY GREAT in Season 8!!!!!! (Pay attention to her interrogation scene in "This Is Not Happening". Emmy/Golden Globe caliber acting!) :applaud:

Gillian :drool: :combust:

It's funny, my wife loves Mulder but hates Duchovony...

corianderstem said:
GibsonGirl, you wrote fanfic too????? I'm dying to know what your pen name was, but I don't dare ask you to post it publicly. :wink:

I never saw that outtake until last year - it made the rounds of all my pals from the XF days. there was much squealing. What a thing of beauty!

Oh, I never posted anything to FF.net! This was in the dark ages before I even had the Internet. I could have been all of eleven years old. :lol: You know, I would give absolutely anything to find the old files. They were probably written in size 24 font or something. I remember the first one I wrote had a lot to do with cows and aliens. Scully and Mulder had a huge fight over science and the impossibility of said aliens sticking crap into said cows. Typical. I can't really remember the rest of them, but I do know I based one of them on an Aztec myth. That was probably my best one.

The only thing that has survived from my fanfic days is a half-finished Harry Potter 'book' I wrote when I was thirteen just after reading book 4 for the first time in 2000. :uhoh: I just about kill myself with laughter every time I read it. Mundungus Fletcher is in it, and he is absolutely NOTHING like he turned out in OotP.

from imdb

David Duchovny has confirmed a sequel to The X-Files movie is in the works -
with himself and Gillian Anderson reprising the characters that made them
famous. The actor, who played Agent Fox Mulder in both the cult TV series
and 1998 movie, reveals X-Files creator Chris Carter and writer Frank
Spotnitz are busy working on a script for the new film. The news comes after
weeks of speculation surrounding Anderson's involvement in the project.
Duchovny says, "This week, they're starting some kind of road towards doing
it (the film). Gillian and I both want to be in it now. We're happy to do
it. At this point all of the kind of fatigue and anxiety that we had towards
the end of a nine-year run is gone." He jokes, "We've forgotten why we hate
one another and can only remember why we love one another and we're very
happy to go back. Chris and Frank are going over the story. It's a story
they've had for a few years but we haven't all settled on the fact that we
wanted to do it, so now they're hammering it out."

i wonder if it is at all possible to kidnap current chris carter, hide him in a dark yet mildly comfy basement, and replace him with chris carter pre-season 6??? i'm not sure if i'm excited or afraid of this movie.

Back
Top Bottom