The Trewes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sherry Darling

New Yorker
Hi ya'll! A Canadian friend of mine was playing this new band the Trewes for me the other week, and I LOVE them! Wow! Anyone else discovered these guys yet? Very no frills rock'n'roll. :) :up: :yes:

Peace,
Cheryl

yeah they are really good. they are from my hometown in nova scotia.

gettting a lot fo airplay here as well :D

i thought they were from niagara falls or something?

maybe i am just confused.

They played a free outdoor show here and I sort of planned on attending, but then didn't, and then it rained.

The TREWS!!!!!!!

I first saw them live in June of 2003. Bought the album the first day it came out in August of 2003. Saw them live again on New Year's Eve. Saw them again in February opening for Nickelback (I just went for the Trews), and bought a Trews shirt. Saw them again July 1st on the Halifax Waterfront.

They do an incredible live show.

John-Angus is a guitar god.

And they're playing a free live show on the 8th of September at my school and I get to go for FREE!!! :D

They're from Antigonish, NS.

Everyone needs to go download the 2 best songs by them that never made it to the album (God only knows why these were left out in favor of Black Halo): "Shrug" and "So Take What You Can". Go. NOW!

I really did try to give them the benefit of the doubt.

To me they sound like every other watered down Canadian rock band out there (too much Gordie Johnson influence). Coupled with the pubescent falsettos of Stabilo and the murmuring pangs of Pilate... I'm sensing another surge of rock invasion from the North. The anticipation for increasingly horrific bands and overplayed crap ballads consumes me!!!

Maybe I'm too cynical.

Last edited:
I did like them...then I thought about it some more....any song where the chorus is simply 5 words repeated over 4 times (I'm not ready to go; tired of waiting) well, is the same over-processed Canadian rock that gets too much airplay here due to it's easy accessiblity and Canadian content laws.

I'm quite cynical. I apologize.

Back
Top Bottom