the toronto maple leafs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
now that i've discovered i'm secretly canadian, maybe i should start to watch hockey. if for no other reason than the hockey players. :sexywink: :|

hes an eagle

you can start with eddie belfour.
head_belfour.jpg

hes canadian. hes a hockey player. hes got a crazy streak (literally)

i have always said if there is a kaberle film, ray romano will star

an offensive defenceman of czech persuasion...who speaks very little english?
kaberle.jpg

Screaming Flower:

To give you an indicator of my home team, the Vancouver Canucks, here are some pics of their so called "big" line. I suggest you start with these guys, as they play for a great team...a good team to follow, actually :wink:

A couple shots of my good buddy Brendan Morrison:
brendanmorrison.jpg

morrison.jpg

Here's one of his teammate Todd Bertuzzi, whom, apparently, the women folk are quite fond of:
bertuzzi4.jpg

And of course, the guy who always scores (and who has the softest hands in the league...or so they tell me...), Markus Naslund:
mnaslund1.jpg

See you in Vancouver :sexywink:

Last edited:
if youre down with the nhls inner gossip circles...it seems bertuzzi treats the woman real nice:sexywink:

Wow, there are more ugly guys in the NHL than I thought...I still can't believe Eddie "buy me a drink" Belfour is married.

But those Canucks are keeping up the tradition. :up: :drool:
Good work, boys.

this is my new favorite thread. :sexywink:

sorry i hijacked it kobesan. :wave:

i think i will cheer for the canucks. :drool: that naslund guy is quite cute. :flirt:

:heart: hockey :heart:

i think weve all learned a lesson

as fun as this thread has been it does have serious implications.

the maple leafs are in trouble. it has been 36 odd years now since they won the stanley cup and their current crop of stars are all in their last years. management is in disarray with essential positions vacant and bosses vacationing at inopportune times.

these are disconcerting days for the maple leaf faithful.
:sad:

Ne pas de bar moustache? Lanny rules, even in my town.

Yes the Leafs are looking in rough shape. It all started during a broken trade with Philadelphia a few years back... one that caused too much tension in the locker room. Is the Pat Quinn regime over?

the quinn regime is at a breaking point. if he has his way this summer tambellini will be installed as GM and he will be happy.

if someone else comes in and quinn gets off to a rocky start (say, something similar to last year) there will be calls for his irish ass to follow hoglund and kristich out the door.

in a dream world a non-quinn protege is chosen as the one and this individual provides a nice managerial balance to quinn's coaching. he is a great coach, especially now that he seems to be thinking more progressively. he shouldn't be fired.

but with the GM selection committee consisting of quinn, his arch nemisis ken dryden and then richard peddie doesnt make much sense from the outside.

Richard Peddie doesn't seem to be in the loop about anything. If the Leafs don't win this year, will it be the end for Quinn? Or will they, and us fans :wink:, keep blaming the outrageously unfair officiating.

How about Tucker? Will Green and him be members of the team much longer... or do you think a multi-player trade is in the works?

i could see quinn getting fired without success this year. like third, fourth round playoff success.

tucker and green for zhitnick sounded like a great deal to me. with marchment on board they need to disperse they're other hated players.

do you think arvedson is a good idea? can coliacovo be counted on to step up and join the team or will such pressure only 'damage' him?

Carlo looked good in the few times he appeared last season. Just as reliable as any Leafs rearguard... that doesn't sound like much, but he is a developing prospect. I don't see it as a detriment for the team, or his skills, to call him up for a prolonged term... or the whole season altogether.

Arvedson... not such a good idea. Other than the fact that I very much dislike Ottawa, he's never been a consistent scorer in the playoffs. And at this point I think that's what the Leafs are looking for... consistency.

The Zhitnik trade doesn't sound that great. In Buffalo he was a selfish prick, and I don't see a change in venue altering his personality. The point of the trade would be to improve team dynamic and chemistry, but it would cause more trouble than its worth.

cujo said:

The Zhitnik trade doesn't sound that great. In Buffalo he was a selfish prick, and I don't see a change in venue altering his personality. The point of the trade would be to improve team dynamic and chemistry, but it would cause more trouble than its worth.

i think i would like zhitnick. but others have told me hes soft. oh well.

if they sign arvedson, however, space will have to be created. arvedson rather than tucker is a big change.

Back
Top Bottom