The Top 50 most common used CDs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zonelistener

ONE love, blood, life
Pitchfork has put out a list of the Top 50 most common Used CDs. Oddly, I picked up the #1 most common used CD in a used CD store....and it is quite common. :(

I only own three on the list (one being in my top 50 favorites).

How many do you own? Or, sold for that matter?

(p.s. - NO U2 on the list :up: )

it's true though...I see Monster everywhere

and that No Alternative one too

I also got #1 at a used cd store.

I'm not too sure how much I agree with the list, my used cd stores have FAR more mainstream things than that.

Very alternative list. Did these people actually visit any used record stores? I think not.

Ned's Atomic Dustbin were awesome.

Hey!

:mad: :angry:
The first album of the UDS is on that list, Mental Floss For The Globe. WITH A RED LABEL! :yell: :rant:
:|
And yes, I don't only own the original version (with a bonus snippet at the end), but I also bought the US-only re-issue (with the extra live disc :up: ).
UDS rules!

I also own the Arrested Development record (Natural is a great song, as are many others on that album).

Stupid list. :down:

:madspit:

Marty

MrBrau1 said:
Very alternative list. Did these people actually visit any used record stores? I think not.

MrBrau1 -

Everytime I think you are the coolest person in this forum, you go and impress me even more.

Ned's was great!

I have 3 of them.

Sadly, this thread reminded me of how much I used to like Arrested Development back when I was in high school. One of my friends saw them live this summer, he said it was pretty cool, they still have the really old guy who does nothing other than dance. Maybe I will have to keep my eyes open for their cds. (because I have crap taste)

zonelistener said:
Pitchfork has put out a list of the Top 50 most common Used CDs. Oddly, I picked up the #1 most common used CD in a used CD store....and it is quite common. :(

I only own three on the list (one being in my top 50 favorites).

How many do you own? Or, sold for that matter?

I own 19 of these 50 CD's along with 9 out of the top 10. This reviewer is pretty lame though. Totally disregarding Brad, lambasting Dinasour Jr. and the Lemonheads and saying Songs of Faith and Devotion is the sound of a band running out of gas. And his comments on Monster are blasphemous. Bah!

Anyway interesting list even though it didn't include the real top used CD's (Matchbox 20, Hootie, etc..)

Last edited:
Re: Re: The Top 50 most common used CDs

womanfish said:

This reviewer is pretty lame though. Totally disregarding Brad, lambasting Dinasour Jr. and the Lemonheads and saying Songs of Faith and Devotion is the sound of a band running out of gas. And his comments on Monster are blasphemous. Bah!

That's Pitchfork for you. I think most of their 'reviewers' are still angry that their own bands were complete crap and no one ever liked them, so they act like every other band around is crap.

I still visit their site daily though, go figure.

u2popmofo said:
(because I have crap taste)

Just by having a smiths quote as your sig. your comment about crap taste is nullified!

here are a few of my faves:

A dreaded sunny day

so I meet you at the cemetry gates

Keats and Yeats are on your side

Two lovers entwined passed me by

and heavens knows I'm miserable now

Too freely on your lips

words prematurely said

oh but I know what will make you smile tonight

Please don't cry

the ghost and the storm outside

will not invade this sacred shrine

nor infiltrate your mind

A double-bed

and a stalwart lover, for sure

these are the riches of the poor

yeah the reviewers are on crack. mrbrau got it right, there's no way they actually researched this list.

i own:
rem--monster
radiohead--pablo honey
dinosaur jr.--without a sound

but the dinosaur jr one is the only one i've bought, and i did buy it at a used store. the other two i only own cd-burned or library-taped copies.

that list is lame in all senses of the word.

i've seen a lot of these cds in the stacks at the radio station.

mercury rev <boces> !!!? ... I've been trying to look for that album everywhere!? :angry:

Only one I own off the list is Pablo Honey. There is so many I haven't ever heard of, let alone seen, and I frequent used CD stores a lot. :eyebrow: Odd list indeed..

MrBrau1 said:

That would be the one I mentioned owning.

I also saw them live twice...own a couple CD singles, have a limited edition cassette single of theirs. This is a good, fun album.

Another band listed thier, Ride...I don't have that album...but they were a great band!

PITCHFORK prides itself on bashing bands...whether they are good or not.

I read a review recently of a show...and half of the crap written did not even happen at the show. :down:

beLIEve Pitchfork?????

I respectfully diagree with most of you in that I think this list was very well researched. I've been to record stores up and down the east coast and continually see these same records in every store that sells used cds.

Before I even started reading the list, I bet my roommate that Monster would be in the top 5. Anyway, I thought the reviews were funny even when they were ripping some of my fave artists like Juliana Hatfield and REM. But the Buffalo Tom review was fairly positive which I liked.

p.s. why pamper life's complexities when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?

barlowdog said:
Before I even started reading the list, I bet my roommate that Monster would be in the top 5. Anyway, I thought the reviews were funny even when they were ripping some of my fave artists like Juliana Hatfield and REM. But the Buffalo Tom review was fairly positive which I liked.

I was going to be dissapointed if it wasn't in the top five!

I also saw the thread title and knew that Monster would be up there. As for the others, I recognized a few.

out of that list I only own Monster
not my fave REM album, but I do think it would make my REM top 5 list
ah well

this list did remind me I need to check out "Dusk" by The The :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom