The Top 10 Best Records Of 2001

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Castor

Babyface
01. Radiohead-Amnesiac
?What can I say. It?s Radiohead. It?s no Kid A but it?s close. With strong political songs like
?You And Whose Army?, and ?Dollars And Cents? as well as songs that kick your nucleus into
high gear like ?Pyramid Song? and ?Like Spinning Plates? I couldn?t keep this album by my
favorite band of all time out of the number one spot.?

02. M?m-Yesterday Was Dramatic Today Is OK
?Never have blings and bleeps sounded so beautiful. This solidifies the theory that Iceland breeds
the most tear wrenching music known to this green Earth.?

03. A Silver Mount Zion-Born Into Trouble As The Sparks Fly Upward
?The second alb. from the GYBE! side project exceeds all expectations, and blows away their
debut. With cryptic manifesto?s backed by mind numbing string arrangements makes it my
headphones alb. of the year.?

04. Bj?rk-Vespertine
?Goes from enigmatic, ethereal, to sexual in a matter of seconds.?

05. Spoon-Girls Can Tell
?When Britt Daniel says ?Believing Is Art? you have no choice but to believe him.?

06. Beta Band-Hot Shots II

07. Sparklehorse-Its A Wonderful Life

08. Poor Rich Ones-HappyX3 (US Release)

09. Cannibal Ox-The Cold Vein

10. Explosions in The Sky-Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth
Shall Live Forever

Honorable mentions: Low-Things We Lost In The Fire, Mercury Rev-All Is Dream, Mogwai-Rock Action, Bizzy Bone-The Gift

------------------
Vi?rar Vel Til Loft?r?sa...

Castor, I am stealing your entire list and going shopping! (Merry Christmas to ME) You have GREAT taste in tunage, wow.
eek.gif

A friend sent me some Bjork, I'm really getting into her lately; and def. want to check out Mum - have you heard Sigur Ros? Also Icelandic and ethereally awesome...have been hearing very good things about Beta Band and Sparklehorse as well.

Wish I could give you my 10 best but for me, 2001 will forever be: the year of U2. I haven't listened to much else in months and months, so think it's time to give my saturated ears a change...for a change.
wink.gif

thanks for all the tips!

Disco

Originally posted by Castor:
01. Radiohead-Amnesiac

02. M?m-Yesterday Was Dramatic Today Is OK

03. A Silver Mount Zion-Born Into Trouble As The Sparks Fly Upward

04. Bj?rk-Vespertine

05. Spoon-Girls Can Tell

06. Beta Band-Hot Shots II

07. Sparklehorse-Its A Wonderful Life

08. Poor Rich Ones-HappyX3 (US Release)

09. Cannibal Ox-The Cold Vein

10. Explosions in The Sky-Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth
Shall Live Forever

Honorable mentions: Low-Things We Lost In The Fire, Mercury Rev-All Is Dream, Mogwai-Rock Action, Bizzy Bone-The Gift

Originally posted by Discoteque:
Castor, I am stealing your entire list and going shopping! (Merry Christmas to ME) You have GREAT taste in tunage, wow.
eek.gif

A friend sent me some Bjork, I'm really getting into her lately; and def. want to check out Mum - have you heard Sigur Ros? Also Icelandic and ethereally awesome...have been hearing very good things about Beta Band and Sparklehorse as well.

Thanks.
smile.gif

Yeah Sigur Ros is probably my second fav. band. I saw them in concert in September here in Minneapolist. I took some pictures and you can check em out here if you want: http://gent2k.tripod.com/id16.htm

Def. check out Mum when you get the chance. Interesting fact about Mum is that the 2 twin girls on the Belle & Sebastian cover for "Fold Your Hands..." are the 2 girls from Mum.

I don't think there were ten good albums that came out in 2001. The vast majority of my CD purchases were classic stuff (the Who, Beatles, Elton John, etc.) Good call on Amnesiac, however.

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Yea, 2001 was pretty much the year of suck radio...however here are a few I enjoyed:
Ben Folds "Rockin the Suburbs"
Ours (I don't know the title, but it was good)
Travis "The Invisible Band"
Pete Yorn "Musicforthemorningafter"
Daivid Byrne "Look Into the Eye"
Otherwise I pretty much spent the year building up my U2 collection...what a sad year for music...

------------------
Taste is the enemy of art.

"The Golden Hum" -Remy Zero
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

"What's good enough for Bono is good enough for me." ~SmoothCriminal~

Tindersticks - Can Our Love
Nick Cave - No More Shall We Part