The Tim McCarver Memorial Post-Season MLB Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
is grady little really gonna intentionally walk jose reyes to load the bases with just one out?

and now he's gonna bring in an average righty with the bases loaded against loduca, who's been tearing the cover off the ball and doesn't hit into many double plays because of reyes' speed... and the big lefty's standing behind him.

i am baffled...

Headache in a Suitcase said:
is grady little really gonna intentionally walk jose reyes to load the bases with just one out?

and now he's gonna bring in an average righty with the bases loaded against loduca, who's been tearing the cover off the ball and doesn't hit into many double plays because of reyes' speed... and the big lefty's standing behind him.

i am baffled...

:huh:

If I'm gonna start watching I need a little Baseball 101...

:flirt:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
"I DON'T THINK DREW'S GONNA GET THAT ONE!! THAT BALL ISSSSS LONG... caught."

More stellar play by play from Fox.

I hate fox as well, but everyone and their brother thought that was gone.

lets hope they sweep on sat!!!!!

Way to go Tigers :up:

I figure I'm going to root for Detroit, simply because they're the team that has caused me the least grief over the season. Plus they're playing the Yankees, so what's not to cheer for? :wink:

how did the MLB thread turn into Baseball Sexual Inuendos thread?:eyebrow:

not that I'm complaining:shifty:

Man, Tom Glavine looked great. I watch him pitch and am perplexed as to why people don't cream his pitches....I understand his techniques etc, but the pitches just look so hittable. I suppose they look that tantalizing to the hitters as well.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
It's all that playing with your balls. Confuses a guy, makes him forget what day of the week it is. :wink:

April! :ohmy::tsk:

:lmao:

Hi girl! It should please you to note that I'm rooting for your team this postseason. It's probably the only time I'm ever going to cheer for a Detroit team though, so enjoy it! :wink:

I'm really not sure how I feel about the Randy Johnson-Kenny Rogers matchup tonight. It's either going to be a great pitcher's duel or they'll both be out by the end of the 2nd inning. :slant:

Numb1075 said:
Man, Tom Glavine looked great. I watch him pitch and am perplexed as to why people don't cream his pitches....I understand his techniques etc, but the pitches just look so hittable. I suppose they look that tantalizing to the hitters as well.

I think that's the idea. After all, as a pitcher, you want a batter to swing through a pitch that looks hittable and isn't - that's where strikes come from, of course. It's what makes him a good pitcher.

I like Glavine, he's always had my respect as an athlete. :up:

DaveC said:

April! :ohmy::tsk:

:lmao:

Hi girl! It should please you to note that I'm rooting for your team this postseason. It's probably the only time I'm ever going to cheer for a Detroit team though, so enjoy it! :wink:

Hey, Dave! :sexywink:

Yes, well, I figured the only reason you would be rooting for them was because they were playing the Yanks. No one could ever get you to root for a Detroit team willingly! :lol:

Correct me if I heard this wrong, but is the start time for tomorrow the same time as the Michigan - Michigan State game? What are these people thinking? :shame:

what a dissapointment. :down::tsk::down:

It sucks more that because of who the two teams are, I did not get to see more than two innings in the whole series - in a friggin airport TGIFriday's. I think the Twins would have been better off with the Yankees. At least they would have an excuse for losing three in a row.

I will now be cheering for the winner of the Mets/Dodgers series. Go New york NL team present or past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom