The Tim McCarver Memorial Post-Season MLB Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
if jeff weaver shuts down the mets lineup tonight, it would shock me more than what kenny rogers did to the yankees.

i just want 5, maybe 6 good innings out of weaver. that's all. please.

Chizip said:

exactly, anything they do now is gravy, if they lose its not really a big deal, because they werent expected to come this far anyway

i shall be disappointed because all the met fans have come out of the woodwork where i go to school and i really don't want to have to hear them. :sad:

otherwise, i agree.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
and on a side note, aaron nevil is being interviewed on SNY right now... singing the national anthem apparently... and his mole still frightens me, maybe because if i ever came face to face with the man, i couldn't help but stare at the giant mole, and the man would kill me.

:crack:

god help us all...:uhoh:

When I went home over fall break this past weekend I found my very first Cardinals cap from my first major league game in '93...I think I was 6 at the time. My dad raised me a Cards fan :yes:

in no ways am i saying that john maine is comparable to chris carpenter... carpenter's obviously the better pitcher at this point in their careers, no questions asked.

but their second half stats aren't all that different

post all star break
john maine - 12 starts, 6-2, 3.28era, .203baa
chris carpenter - 15 starts, 8-4, 3.09era, .226baa

carpenter obviously is the better, more experienced pitcher... but it's not as huge a mismatch as people are making it out to be. after all... maine only has to go 4 to 5 innings before the mets turn it over to the pen, which has been clearly better than that of st. louis.

carpenter is better, no doubt. but it's not like maine sucks.

weaver_delgado.gif

:drool:

well i kinda figured this one would be a loss

but to waste such a great start by weaver kind of hurts, i almost wish he had given up 8 runs

the inning where belliard lined out to start the inning, molina and weaver single then eckstein lines into the DP was the killer.

that and preston wilson swinging at ball 4 when it was pretty much at his eyeballs with pujols on deck. brutal.

if the cardinals actually think that this was a good game because they saved the bullpen, then they have no chance whatsoever to win this series.

this game was exactly what st. louis wanted... yet they lost anyway. if chris carpenter loses tonight, the series is over.

let's not forget... the mets bullpen is far superior to the cardinals bullpen, and they didn't even end up losing heilman tonight.

the cardinals season rests on the arm of chris carpenter. he best be as good as every cardinals fan thinks he is.

Last edited:
i didn't say it was good because they saved the bullpen, but should weaver been slapped around like a hobag and lasted 2 2/3rds or something, then it would be a lot worse.

I was watching the game out in the living room last night, and some of the girls I live with would come in and watch a few minutes, and would start to yell at the TV "Hit a home run! Score! Do something!" then I would say "It's a pitchers duel, it's a different kind of excitement...the skill and finesse are different!" And they would all look at me like this: :der:

Aaaanyway, no surprise the Cards lost...on to game 2.

U2democrat said:
I was watching the game out in the living room last night, and some of the girls I live with would come in and watch a few minutes, and would start to yell at the TV "Hit a home run! Score! Do something!" then I would say "It's a pitchers duel, it's a different kind of excitement...the skill and finesse are different!" And they would all look at me like this: :der:

Aaaanyway, no surprise the Cards lost...on to game 2.

:lol:

That would probably be me... :reject:

So happy the Mets won! Hopefully the Tigs can pull off another win today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom