The Thorpedo..........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
Being a huge swimming fan and an active swimmer myself, I have to say that Ian Thorpe is absolutley AMAZING, like he must be half fish........I have been watching the FINA world championships in Japan all of this week with so much amazement, how much faster can he go, and the way that he comes across, well he seems like such a nice young man, a real ambassador for representing good sportsmanship. Bit of a pity about what happend to the women's relay team, but I guess the rest of the team have pulled through that one ok.........Anyway up tonight is the 1500m and there is no more King Kieren, lets hope Hackett does well.......

Ausse, Aussie, Aussie...........oi, oi, oi
thorpe25.jpg

Hi Aurora, I was just driving back from the school bus and heard a sound grab from Grant Hackett on the radio. He must have broken the1500m world record. Ian is still a baby, yet to hit his straps. Woohoo
smile.gif

Excuse me borrowing this space in your topic, but I recall having Ian Thorpe/ Russell Crowe appreciation chat with bonovista. This topic may catch her eye...hey BV......if you own the same edition of "In His Own Words, Bono" by Dave Thompson, go to chapter headed "Mother Records" Page 42. Adam looks like Russell Crowe
eek.gif

Thanks Aurora,hope I haven't killed your thread mate. Some of my fondest memories from school days was travelling with the swimming team.A new girl came along in Year 9 and bumped me off the team..can't really complain, her name was Kerry Saxby, she was far more dedicated than me, obviously. I was just thinking this morning I have to do something about my lungs and thought I'd like to get back into the pool. Might wait till summer though.

The lad is gay, right?
*not that theres anything wrong with that*

"Is that a torpedo in your speedos, or...."

Actually trash, I wouldnt be surprised if he was. I thought so too, also *not that there's anything wrong with that*.

I worked with a girl (who will remain nameless) who is on the Aus soccer team. She told me they have a 2 year roll out plan to 'bring him out'. He apparently has PR's working on it for him as he is such an ambassador. Etc, etc, etc. All that aside, hes still a fantastic swimmer. I hope he doesn't crash and burn from the pressure.

too bad he got his ass kicked during The Olympics
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

you know, The Olympics, the one that REALLY MATTERS
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Honestly, I hope he DOES come out if in fact he is gay!!

Dammit!! No more shame! Its not "his problem"! Its the problem of all those who see it as a problem. BUT we will NOT get into all that gay-hate thing again.
He is a gifted athlete. No doubt.
(Almost as much of a "superman" as Lance Armstongggggggg!!! YEAH buddy!!!!)

.... Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!!

If I say that Gianni Romme is superman, will any non-dutch person know what i'm talking about!?!?!?

------------------
Vorsprung durch Technik

I could tell you, but you wouldn't be able to pronounce it anyway
biggrin.gif

------------------
Salome

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
they have a 2 year roll out plan to 'bring him out'. He apparently has PR's working on it for him as he is such an ambassador. Etc, etc, etc. All that aside, hes still a fantastic swimmer. I hope he doesn't crash and burn from the pressure.

I have heard the exact same thing, from someone who has a family member who is in the world of professional swimming, and I must admit that I could see Thorpey being gay, he has such a nice persona, now if all of this is true, I really hope that it does not distract from his swimming, I would hate to see or hear of Aussie yobbos bagging him if he is gay, cause after all it should only be his swimming that is open for discussion
smile.gif

------------------
"thankyou, thankyou, thankyou for coming out.....it's a nice place you got here, your lucky to live here.....some of our mates, ahhh, some of our mates get busted for hi-jacking aeroplanes, we get busted for wearing sandals, you know thats, thats cool.....alright thankyou for coming out and, and spending the big bucks to see Popmart, thanks alot"

Bono: Intro to 'I still havn't found what I'm looking for', ANZ Stadium Brisbane, February 25th 1998.....

Slomey how can you not be able to pronounce Peter Hoover Vacuum Cleaner Bag?

I know one swimmer I cant say without convulsing....

You must hear the 12th man slomey
biggrin.gif

--------------
"And Hymen [pause] .... has left the blocks before the gun...Oh what a shame for the young lady" - Ray Warren

[This message has been edited by Angela Harlem (edited 08-06-2001).]

the 12th man?
you lost me there Angie
smile.gif

------------------
Salome

Forgot Slomey, sorry. There's this guy here who does great impersonations of sports commentators. The 12th man was the cricket series he did. If you're interested, have a listen to "Bruce 2000". Its his version of the 2000 olympics.

smile.gif

thanks Angie,
I will try to check it out sometime
smile.gif

------------------
Salome

"my key got stuck in the fecking petch" (South African accent)

"oh look, theres Wendy, and Wendy Junior, and Wendy Junior Junior"

Last holidays when i was up at at Port Douglas I snorkled on the Great Barrier Reef using large rubber flippers and it was so easy and fantastic ! coral and fish just exraordinary - it occured to me that this what it like for Thorpy when he swims - yes he is amazing.

Maybe we should create a new phrase for the flippers - call them THORPIES !!

Ahhhhhhhh, Port Douglas: Heaven on Earth.

Honestly, that is perhaps the most beautiful place on earth. I went up there last year, everything about it is so awesome. I recommend it to anyone planning on coming to Aus. I also recommend penthouse accomodation!

biggrin.gif

Yes Angela it is just paradise !!!!!!!! Absolutely beautiful - beyong words.
We stayed in a penthouse and had our own private roof with chais etc - had a wonderful view and huge palm trees all around aaahhhh ! I have to stop.
Did you go to the Daintree and cape tribulation?
Do u still live near me - I am in Blaxland - remember a Blue Mountains Girl !

You didn't stay at the Sunseeker Holiday Apartments did you??? Its one street back from 4 mile beach? Cant remember the name...

This is so cool, yeah, Im still about hmmm....10 minutes away from you depending on how fast you take Lapstone Hill!

biggrin.gif

Unbelievable !! This year we stayed at the Sunseeker Apartmnts. They are in Garrick St. The year before we stayed a few doors down (cant remember the name)in the penthouse - it was out of this world - no children that time!!

We should get together as you live so close - amazing isn't it !

the Thorpedo's incredible, he has the most beautiful free I've ever seen. it's practically catch-up drill, I have no idea how he does it.
and who gives if he's gay or not (not that anyone was insulting it). from what i've heard he seems like a great kid.

OzAurora! you're a swimmer too? cool! we should start a stinky chlorine people's club
wink.gif

seriously, instead of foot odour when my feet sweat I get chlorine smell. it's disgusting

Pamela, thats amazing! How could I forget Garrick St? It was the most exceptional week of my life. We went to the reef on the Aristocat (the boat I will one day own when I get my hands on a spare $800,000), we wentJetskiing, the daintree, Cape Tribulation, Kuranda (? sp) We were going to do the rafting, but we went a few weeks after the cyclones and they had to open the damn to flood it. So it was closed. Still, the most awesome holiday ever. Plus we also went croc hunting, which was insane fun!

This is freaky Pamela! For sure we will catch up one day. Especially before u2 come out.
smile.gif

Hey babyG at least you can rest assured all that chlorine will kill any tinea that might be floating around in the changerooms at your pool! hehehehe

biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom