The Thank God for Coke Zero Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownEyedBoy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I never really liked Coca Cola light and I was a huge fan of Coke but my body was really having a hard time with it - particularly in the mid section. And then I found Coke Zero which is pretty close to the taste when really cold and no calories!! :drool::drool::drool:

I wouldn't be surprised that in a year or so some scientist will come out and say it's bad for you and thus just too good to be true.

BrownEyedBoy said:

I wouldn't be surprised that in a year or so some scientist will come out and say it's bad for you and thus just too good to be true.

Well what Coke product or any soda for that matter is good for you? None, just because they may not have calories doesn't make it healthy...

Not being good for you doesn´t necessarily equato to "bad for you". I thought you´d know the difference.

And you might want to re-read my post and double check it. I never even IMPLIED that it was healthy.

But I supposse you just induce things for the sake of arguments.

BrownEyedBoy said:
Not being good for you doesn´t necessarily equato to "bad for you". I thought you´d know the difference.

And you might want to re-read my post and double check it. I never even IMPLIED that it was healthy.

But I supposse you just induce things for the sake of arguments.

No, it's pretty common knowledge that the majority of what's in coke products or sodas is bad for you.

Aspartame, an ingredient in Coke Zero has been subject of controversy over it's health risk for quite awhile now.

Nothing I do is for argument's sake.

Never had Coke zero before. Why stray from regular coke since it's absolutely perfect? If it can take rust off of metal, then it's good enough for my insides. Coke. :drool: :drool:

I stopped drinking pepsi/coke or any soda for that matter. :( Too many extra calories. Now its water, water, water.

JessicaAnn said:
What is the difference between Coke Zero and Diet Coke?

Coke Zero has no sugar at all, Coke light just has less sugar.
I don't like it. But I don't like Cola at all, only one bottle ice cold every now and then.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

No, it's pretty common knowledge that the majority of what's in coke products or sodas is bad for you.

Aspartame, an ingredient in Coke Zero has been subject of controversy over it's health risk for quite awhile now.

Nothing I do is for argument's sake.

You said "just because they may not have calories doesn't make it healthy..." and so implying that I had said it was healthy. I never said it was healthy.

All I said was that I was glad I could have the great taste without the calories and you turned it into me saying it was healthy.

That´s what bothered me. But it really comes as no surprise at all that you of all people should come here and disagree with words that you yourself put in my mouth. :rolleyes:

You said, you wouldn't be surprised that in a year or so some scientist will come out and say it's bad for you. I was just pointing out that someone already has.

No reason to get in a huff.:huh:

BrownEyedBoy, your tone towards BonoVoxSupastar is really rude and uncalled for. Cut it out or this thread is getting closed.

I've had Coke Zero, and it's pretty good, but I think I'd still rather have a Diet Coke. :drool: I love diet pop so much...I drink it everyday. :reject:

so does Coke Zero taste like regular Coke? and there's Cherry Coke Zero too? I love Cherry Coke... :drool:

diet coke is nasty though. I remember they had that Coke C2 stuff for awhile - is that still around? it was supposed to be like half the calories and carbs or something. and it still pretty much tasted like coke.

Vincent Vega said:

Coke Zero has no sugar at all, Coke light just has less sugar.
I don't like it.

Really? :scratch:

We call the sugar free version Diet Coke here. In other European countries I've heard them call it Coke Light/Cola Light but it was exactly the same sugar-free drink.

I thought Coke Zero was a sugar-free version of Coca-Cola that's supposed to taste almost the same. I've tasted it in a bar before and I didn't notice a difference but I never really have fizzy drinks.

Bonochick said:
I've had Coke Zero, and it's pretty good, but I think I'd still rather have a Diet Coke. :drool: I love diet pop so much...I drink it everyday. :reject:

I have an addiction to diet soda also just can't go without it :shifty: Do drink lots of water everyday though so I keep telling myself Im doing at least 1 good thing for my body :giggle:

I always understood it that Diet Coke has no calories, but tastes like....Diet Coke. Many people (like myself) who love Coke will not touch Diet Coke with a ten foot pole, it tastes so bad. I assumed Coke Zero was Diet Coke (no cals), but made to taste like Coke.

I'm in the process of giving up all Cokes for good. I want to lose weight, but I also have "soft" teeth and it's the soda that's just as bad for your teeth as the sugar, so switching to diet makes no difference. :(

Just read, Diet Coke/Coke light has also sweetener as substitute of sugar.

Another interesting thing regarding the sweetener: They tested the effect on rats, by giving them a 1,200 times stronger dosage of sweetener.

In a nutshell: By now everything on this planet has been proven to cause cancer at least one time.

AtomicBono said:
so does Coke Zero taste like regular Coke? and there's Cherry Coke Zero too? I love Cherry Coke... :drool:

diet coke is nasty though. I remember they had that Coke C2 stuff for awhile - is that still around? it was supposed to be like half the calories and carbs or something. and it still pretty much tasted like coke.

Actually, they stopped making C2, and I almost wept when I found out because I thought it was the greatest cola in the entire world, and my husband had just drunk the last one!!! It was half-sugar, half-splenda, and I think it was marketed poorly because whenever I mentioned how much I loved it to someone, they'd never heard of it!!!

I personally think that Coke Zero is disgusting. I wrote a letter of complaint about replacing C2 with Coke Zero to the local Coca-Cola bottler, and someone from Coca-Cola called me and left a message (I didn't hear my cell ring), but when I called him back he wasn't in, and I left messages, but he never called me back... :(

TheEdge U2JT said:

Actually, they stopped making C2, and I almost wept when I found out because I thought it was the greatest cola in the entire world, and my husband had just drunk the last one!!! It was half-sugar, half-splenda, and I think it was marketed poorly because whenever I mentioned how much I loved it to someone, they'd never heard of it!!!

I personally think that Coke Zero is disgusting. I wrote a letter of complaint about replacing C2 with Coke Zero to the local Coca-Cola bottler, and someone from Coca-Cola called me and left a message (I didn't hear my cell ring), but when I called him back he wasn't in, and I left messages, but he never called me back... :(

D'oh! I forgot my husband was logged in on this computer! This is my post!!

I used to refuse to touch Diet Coke too. I drank regular Coke for eons, but just this year switched to Diet Coke. I didn't really like it at first, and never thought I'd ever drink it, but now I love it. The other night I had a regular Coke and couldn't believe how disgusting I thought it tasted.

I think I'll pick up a can of Coke Zero and give it a shot. It's worth a try.

Bono's Betty said:
I stopped drinking pepsi/coke or any soda for that matter. :( Too many extra calories. Now its water, water, water.

I'm with you on that one. I remember one day actually thinking about drinking a can of soda after nearly 6 months of not drinking any soda.. And I felt really bad about even thinking of wanting a soda.

I had to make a compromise though..

The only time I have a coke is with whiskey. haha.

Back
Top Bottom