The Terrorist Alert System Reminds Me Of...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
The "Bear Patrol" episode of "The Simpsons," which originally aired on May 5, 1996.

Homer: "Not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol must be working like a charm."
Lisa: "That's specious reasoning, Dad."
Homer: "Thank you, dear."
Lisa: "By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away."
Homer: "Oh, how does it work?"
Lisa: "It doesn't work."
Homer: "Uh-huh."
Lisa: "It's just a stupid rock."
Lisa: "But I don't see any tigers around, do you?"
Homer: "Lisa, I want to buy your rock."

Okay...so that is a bit of dark humor, but do tell me that others can see the connection?

:sexywink:

Melon

Looks like bad news for the "Impson" family.... :wink:

Well, it does seem to have some resemblance. I guess it'll do a great job of preventing terrorism... at least until the next terrorist attack.

melon said:
The "Bear Patrol" episode of "The Simpsons," which originally aired on May 5, 1996.

Homer: "Not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol must be working like a charm."
Lisa: "That's specious reasoning, Dad."
Homer: "Thank you, dear."
Lisa: "By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away."
Homer: "Oh, how does it work?"
Lisa: "It doesn't work."
Lisa: "It's just a stupid rock."
Lisa: "But I don't see any tigers around, do you?"
Homer: "Lisa, I want to buy your rock."

Okay...so that is a bit of dark humor, but do tell me that others can see the connection?

:sexywink:

Melon

haha, thats one of the best episodes ever.

because of one bear they get a WHOLE patrol to make sure no more come to town including of all things a STEALTH BOMBER. all that shit would terribly expensive but they got it to only cost an extra five bucks (correct me im wrong) to their taxes, so naturally all of springfield revolts.

brilliant!

ya know u little naysayers, guess what?
your hero Bubba Clinton last nite on Larry King said it was a 'necessary evil' having "Homeland Security Alerts".

nevermind, stay in your smug comfortable postures.
i will celebrate in the fact everyday we dont wake up to a 9-11 or similar attack that we are continuing to win this war on terror.

continue to prattle on.

db9

I think you need to lighten up, Mr. Diamond. :sexywink: I guess whomever said that a Republican had a sense of humor?

I never made a judgment call on the terrorist alert system, now did I? I just told you what it reminded me of. I got the idea after John Ashcroft said that the terrorist alert system deters terrorists; and I thought to myself: how would he know that?

Melon

diamond said:
".

i will celebrate in the fact everyday we dont wake up to a 9-11 or similar attack that we are continuing to win this war on terror.

db9

that's how.
plus-
i think we do a dis-service to the ppl serving and defending our country, free people and free nations..

and u know mr melon i do i have a sense of humor.:sexywink::angry::dance:

thank u-

db9

Last edited:
diamond said:

And the fact that I don't do drugs means we're winning that War on Drugs too. :eyebrow:

Just admit that melon made a clever analogy. It's funny because its true. No one in here has actually criticized the system or anyone involved with it.

Very very funny.....

I love the we are on code orange....
Don't change your plans.......(Governor Romney Flys home from Utah in a hurry because of the alert)
Be Vigilent......
Be alert.....
Go about your business......

Peace

diamond said:
ya know u little naysayers, guess what?

nevermind, stay in your smug comfortable postures.
i will celebrate in the fact everyday we dont wake up to a 9-11

db9

Well, you must be one celebrating fellow.

Let me give you a little help.
Everyday you wake-up this year will not be a 9-11, except one.

A 9-11 will come this year. It will very suspiciously follow 9-10.

i can handle one day at a time..:
and
celebrate everyday we are free of a random act of violence from American hating terrorists.

GW Bush 2004.

DB9

i do not think the color code system is of party lines.

The part of the system that I question - when raised to a high level, I never notice any higher security from local law enforcement in the DC area. There are some changes on Pennsylvania Ave, but when the alerts rise I really do not see a sense of urgency, etc. Maybe that is a good thing, maybe it means the system is a joke. However, National Airport from my experience is a joke.

Either way Melon I thought this was funny

Oh that episode happened... it happened in a happening way and it freaks you out! :wink:

Dreadsox said:

Don't change your plans.......(Governor Romney Flys home from Utah in a hurry because of the alert)

:mad: i hate that guy :mad:

what were we talking about? analogy, yes, very funny :up:

Back
Top Bottom