The Territorial Collectivity of Saint Pierre and Miquelon Superthread - Page 53 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-01-2008, 04:54 PM   #781
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 07:22 AM
Can you believe that I've never really listened to sports radio? Just never cared. When I put a radio on, it's for music.
__________________

__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 03-01-2008, 04:56 PM   #782
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 10:22 AM
I got into it because my dad listens to it during his 45 minute commute everyday and occassionally would reference something someone said. The only guy I liked, really, was Jody McDonald on 950. Howard Eskin on 610 is one of the ten biggest pricks on the face of the earth, though he's smarter than 99% of the people he talks to and all of the others on 610.
__________________

__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 03-01-2008, 04:58 PM   #783
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words
Can you believe that I've never really listened to sports radio? Just never cared. When I put a radio on, it's for music.
I used to listen, but very quickly learnt everybody is stupid and are rather biased against the sports i like (i guess that's what you get for preferring a sport much better than rugby but less popular).

Now i listen for commentary only, if that.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 03-01-2008, 04:59 PM   #784
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 07:22 AM
I have enough sports in my life without listening to that shit. I'd rather listen to music or read a book, etc.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 03-01-2008, 05:00 PM   #785
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words
Can you believe that I've never really listened to sports radio? Just never cared. When I put a radio on, it's for music.
I avoid sports radio too. The bias towards on team or location annoys the hell out of me. It seems like everyone on radio is from New York or Boston.
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 03-01-2008, 05:00 PM   #786
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 04:22 AM
The internet managed to drag me away from that shit. Now i usually listen to commentary on the internet as well.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 03-01-2008, 05:01 PM   #787
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 10:22 AM
I wish I had more time for sports. I spend what time I do have for it on local teams, so I really fall out of the loop nationally and, thus, fail miserably in fantasy sports.

The only thing I do pay attention to nationally well is college hoops, which is why I do well in pools. My past four years:

2004: 2nd
2005: 4th
2006: 2nd
2007: 1st
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 03-01-2008, 05:01 PM   #788
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2


I used to listen, but very quickly learnt everybody is stupid and are rather biased against the sports i like (i guess that's what you get for preferring a sport much better than rugby but less popular).
What sport is that?
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 03-01-2008, 05:03 PM   #789
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
I wish I had more time for sports. I spend what time I do have for it on local teams, so I really fall out of the loop nationally and, thus, fail miserably in fantasy sports.

The only thing I do pay attention to nationally well is college hoops, which is why I do well in pools. My past four years:

2004: 2nd
2005: 4th
2006: 2nd
2007: 1st
Any early bracket predictions? Who's in, who's out?
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 03-01-2008, 05:04 PM   #790
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2


What sport is that?
Rugby League



And arguably, any sport other than rugby generally is hated in NZ.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 03-01-2008, 05:05 PM   #791
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2
Any early bracket predictions? Who's in, who's out?
I've really struggled to follow in the past few weeks due to incredibly large amounts of busy occuring, so I can't really give a definitive answer.

I'd avoid Memphis at all costs, though. That's just me.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 03-01-2008, 05:07 PM   #792
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26


I've really struggled to follow in the past few weeks due to incredibly large amounts of busy occuring, so I can't really give a definitive answer.

I'd avoid Memphis at all costs, though. That's just me.
I agree about Memphis.

I think the mid-majors are going to get screwed again. The MVC will probably only send Drake this year. That would suck for my Creighton Bluejays.
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 03-01-2008, 05:08 PM   #793
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2


Rugby League



And arguably, any sport other than rugby generally is hated in NZ.
I thought the A-League was somewhat popular?
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 03-01-2008, 05:09 PM   #794
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2
I agree about Memphis.

I think the mid-majors are going to get screwed again. The MVC will probably only send Drake this year. That would suck for my Creighton Bluejays.
Do you remember when Billy Packer tried to get the guy from the committee to say that the ACC deserved more teams because of their past performance? That was the funniest/stupidest/most random thing I've seen in a while.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 03-01-2008, 05:10 PM   #795
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2


I thought the A-League was somewhat popular?
Don't get me started on how football (with the round ball) gets treated here. At least in Wellington i think they prefer it to rugby.

(The A-League and Rugby League are different sports, btw)
__________________

__________________
coolian2 is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com