The Territorial Collectivity of Saint Pierre and Miquelon Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwtape2 said:

What's your team name? I'm Japanese Takeover.

The Big Ten probably has the most dedicated fanbase to only the SEC in my opinion. The best part of the CWS is the fans. I love the devotion of Michigan fans. I hope to see them here sometime.

I'm the Chicago Wolves.

Screwtape2 said:
He actually reminds me a lot of Chase Utley. They aren't flashy guys but they are precise and deadly hitters. How do you think Mr. Utley will do this year? :)

I see that, though I think Utley's more relevant now than Ichiro is, whether that is fair or not. I think they both are very hard workers and fantastic contact hitters. Utley's hustle impresses me most. I think Rollins is probably a better athlete, but Utley's more skilled and a harder worker.

I think he'll have another great year. The only problem he's had in the past two years has been that he tailed off at the end of the year: in 2006, out of exhaustion from a 35-game hitting streak, and in 2007, from breaking his hand and never fully recovering.

I'm much more worried about the pitching of the Phils this year.

Real postwhoring is when you don't converse with others, you just talk about yourself.

There it is, right there, for us all to see.

phillyfan26 said:

I see that, though I think Utley's more relevant now than Ichiro is, whether that is fair or not. I think they both are very hard workers and fantastic contact hitters.

I agree with that. Ichiro needs baserunners around him to be at his best. The Mariners don't put him in position to get enough RBI's. Yeah Utley is more relevant. Ichiro might be the more skilled player. Though I wish he had more power.

I think that any team would love to have either Utley or Ichiro. Also, durability is a legit issue with ballplayers, and in that category, Ichiro has Utley hands down.

I wish Ichiro were batting 3rd for someone, he'd knock in a ton of runs.

Utley had never had a major injury before breaking his hand, but his tailing off yearly worries me about his durability.

Unfortunately, the Phils might not even make the playoffs this year, with the Mets having a strong advantage going in.

phillyfan26 said:
Utley had never had a major injury before breaking his hand, but his tailing off yearly worries me about his durability.

Unfortunately, the Phils might not even make the playoffs this year, with the Mets having a strong advantage going in.

I think the Phils have just as good a shot at the playoff as the Mets, D-Backs, Rockies, Padres, etc....all of last year's division/wild-card contenders. The NL Central is not gonna produce the Wild Card team, unless the Brewers finally take the next step.

As you said earlier, Philly pitching will determine their fate. Be nice if Hamels stays healthy, too, that dude is sick.

phillyfan26 said:

They might not overtake the Mets, but they will be right there for the wild card.

Screwtape2 said:
I think the Red Sox will win it all again. Perfect match of pitching and clutch hitting. :drool:

:up:

The Sox are set up quite nicely for years to come, especially with the pitching.

But I never ever count the Yankees out, even if their pitching staff looks suspect.

DaveC flipped shit when I suggested the Phils turn to the Wild Card if the Mets go out in front. :wink:

I think the Phils have a shot, but they had a lot of things go right for them at the end of the year, and the Mets had a lot go wrong. It'll be interesting. Their pitching is still so shitty, and they're relying heavily on Cole Hamels, who's been injured every season since he got drafted.

The offense is loaded. I'm a person who likes to understand context as it happens so I know if I'm witnessing something special as it happens, so I asked my dad if he'd ever seen a better Phillies offense. He said he's not sure if one has been this good. It's truly a shame that we have complete bums like Adam Eaton making $8.5 million to fuck us over.

Screwtape2 said:

I hate Boston teams but I really feel they have an upper hand on teams in series format. They are going to be on more than not.

I was hoping that would bring Varitek into our baseball discussion. :(

She's just going to agree. :)

AL East will be, as usual, interesting. I'm not convinced that my Yanks will be a playoff team, but, when you go to the playoffs 13 straight years, you deserve the benefit of the doubt. Hughes and Kennedy = big question marks, as does Mussina. That's too many question marks. Offense will be awesome as usual, though.

It was clear last year, and again this year, that the Red Sox, pack of fucks that they are, are the team to beat.

phillyfan26 said:
DaveC flipped shit when I suggested the Phils turn to the Wild Card if the Mets go out in front. :wink:

I think the Phils have a shot, but they had a lot of things go right for them at the end of the year, and the Mets had a lot go wrong. It'll be interesting. Their pitching is still so shitty, and they're relying heavily on Cole Hamels, who's been injured every season since he got drafted.

The offense is loaded. I'm a person who likes to understand context as it happens so I know if I'm witnessing something special as it happens, so I asked my dad if he'd ever seen a better Phillies offense. He said he's not sure if one has been this good. It's truly a shame that we have complete bums like Adam Eaton making $8.5 million to fuck us over.

Dave C flips a lot.

phillyfan26 said:

The Phillies have to win a lot of tough games this season but if Utley stays healthy I would give them a strong chance game down the stretch. :up:

This is true. I'm a little bit of a different fan. I think I'm probably more pessimistic and skeptical than he is considering I still live in the area. I stopped listening to sports radio a while ago because everyone's either an idiot or just like me, so you're not getting much legitimate input.

Villanova sucking this year has put a sour mood on the NCAA Tourney this year, as my dad's dad is from there and the whole family (especially my 15 year old brother) is comprised of Nova fans.

Screwtape2 said:
The Phillies have to win a lot of tough games this season but if Utley stays healthy I would give them a strong chance game down the stretch. :up:

It's a shame they lost Rowand, but his money request was obtuse.

Rollins
Victorino
Utley
Howard
Burrell
Werth
Feliz
Ruiz

That's not a bad lineup, though I'm still a big detractor of Ryan Howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom