The Territorial Collectivity of Saint Pierre and Miquelon Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
major_panic said:

Nope, but if it's any consolation, your subjects sound more interesting than mine: New Testament Greek, Systematic Theology and Developmental Psychology 2

I'm still really jealous of the theology stuff you do! Ah well, maybe someday ...

HOLY SHIT, FOLKS.

We hit 600 posts in three hours. That's just nuts. That's over three posts a minute!

liamcool said:
You getting Control, Axie?

A cheap bastard like me? Not likely.

I could just watch your copy when I come up for PT in April. :wink:

Dalton said:
A cynical theologian is about as much fun as prostate exam with Edward Scissorhands.

What about a cynical historian? Because that's what I'll be getting my PhD in.

liamcool said:
Yeah, but as if I'll get it when it comes out - I'm lazy.

You know you'll order it into your shop ASAP. I'm surprised you haven't ordered it already.

major_panic said:

Download it... :shifty: Of course, I didn't just say that...

Maj. Panic, I might reconsider my stance on Christianity if you can get an ecumenical summit to elect bit torrent as the new God.

Dalton said:

Major, what is the use of cynical theology?

Dunno. I'll let you know if and when I find out. At the moment it ensures I'm not blinded by some of the stupid things some Christians spout.

Axver said:

Maj. Panic, I might reconsider my stance on Christianity if you can get an ecumenical summit to elect bit torrent as the new God.

Hah, I'd love to see the creed they come up with for that one...

Dalton said:

Which stupid things do you fear being blinded by? What is your purpose in studying theology?

I'm studying theology as a calling, but also to learn more about my faith.

By stupid things, I mean things like being anti-Islamic, which we've seen in one of the other previous ridiculous threads, or the whole rapture thing.

I guess I'm cynical about most aspects of Christianity unless I can satisfy myself that they're completely valid and there for a reason, and won't harm anyone else in the process.

major_panic said:

I'm studying theology as a calling, but also to learn more about my faith.

By stupid things, I mean things like being anti-Islamic, which we've seen in one of the other previous ridiculous threads, or the whole rapture thing.

I guess I'm cynical about most aspects of Christianity unless I can satisfy myself that they're completely valid and there for a reason, and won't harm anyone else in the process.

Interesting. Do you plan on teaching theology or practicing theology as a vocation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom