The Temple Bar: You're an Allstar, Get Your Game On

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is currently in bloom on my patio. This actually looks similar to my patio without the birdhouse :ohmy:

wisteria.jpg

snowbunny00774 said:
Hey :wave:

I'm even boring myself, so I can't be helping.

Did you get your stuff sorted VP? data etc.?

It's not you, I'm just wiped out today. :yawn: Too much time sitting in front of the computer concentrating.

I'm finishing up the methods section - it's been a nightmare trying to find validity and reliability information for some of the measures I've used - I'm accessing electronic journals at our school library from home, and it's incredibly slow and frustrating trying to find the info I need.

The data. I'[m sure the details would put everyone to sleep, so...I've done little work on it for a few days, but late last night I had a flash of brilliance (doesn't happen often), so I checked something briefly today, and things are looking up. :)

My paper is umm...no where near written. Altho I word counted my outline and it was 900 words. :lol: I'm currently trying to gather together all my research and type out some key quotes from books.

Me and my big ideas...let's show how Gandhi's ideas were influenced and formulated and how this reflects the larger scope of the Indian subculture and it's absorbance of ideas...or some such thing. :crack:

Lila64 said:
This is currently in bloom on my patio. This actually looks similar to my patio without the birdhouse :ohmy:

wisteria.jpg

OOooo Pretty! :love:

It's wisteria? I thought it was lilac at first...

~BrightestStar~ said:
Ooo! You had a break through? :rockon:

Cmon, bore us! I want to know some details missy.

If you insist. :shifty: :reject:

I'm suck a geek. :nerd:

Two of the three most important measures in my study were not correlating with the BDI (depression), a measure of perfectionism in relationships, and an attachment measure - they've always correlated in past studies. So, I reviewed my raw data, tried a bunch of things, nothing would work. A girl in our lab group is using the perfectionism measure, and she got the same (non)result that I did, so it must be some quirk of the population.

Last night when I was lying in bed, it occurred to me that I have another depression measure - remember how I had to get more than one measure of each construct, in case I end up using Structural Equation Modelling, that I won't otherwise be using? So, this morning I checked, and my extra depression measure DOES correlate with the others. So, yay me! I may be able to salvage this, yet. :)

:reject: :nerd:

:drool: you girls and your papers

I'm glad things are working out for both of you, and that you had that breakthrough VP. I know you were a bit panicked :hug:

Lila- I love that vine...the silver lace is not very exciting but anything else takes ages to grow here. I had some honeysuckle for the end of the yard near the hot tub, but now I read it's an aphid magnet :yuck: so now I'm thinking Wisteria instead.

I didn't take it that way, I just meant I probably wasn't helping the tiredness/boredness :)

~BrightestStar~ said:
My paper is umm...no where near written. Altho I word counted my outline and it was 900 words. :lol: I'm currently trying to gather together all my research and type out some key quotes from books.

Me and my big ideas...let's show how Gandhi's ideas were influenced and formulated and how this reflects the larger scope of the Indian subculture and it's absorbance of ideas...or some such thing. :crack:

That's a great start! Just stick some conjunctions and adverbs into your outline, throw in a few quotations, and you're done. :lol:

Thanks Snow. :) I wouldn't have had to start over exactly, but I would have had to take it in a bit of a different direction, which would have created more work, and even a slim hope of publishing would have been gone.

VintagePunk said:

If you insist. :shifty: :reject:

I'm suck a geek. :nerd:

Two of the three most important measures in my study were not correlating with the BDI (depression), a measure of perfectionism in relationships, and an attachment measure - they've always correlated in past studies. So, I reviewed my raw data, tried a bunch of things, nothing would work. A girl in our lab group is using the perfectionism measure, and she got the same (non)result that I did, so it must be some quirk of the population.

Last night when I was lying in bed, it occurred to me that I have another depression measure - remember how I had to get more than one measure of each construct, in case I end up using Structural Equation Modelling, that I won't otherwise be using? So, this morning I checked, and my extra depression measure DOES correlate with the others. So, yay me! I may be able to salvage this, yet. :)

:reject: :nerd:

:nerdlove:

I assume somewhere in the paper you'll have to try and analyze possible sources of this quirk in the population?

That is awesome though! I'm rather excited for you, I felt awful when I read how it all was going haywire on you. All that work and to have it not work out would be crushing.

So..Yay! :hyper:

And of course I want the nerdy details...I always do :p

We don't have time to give a shit, unfortunately. The previous owners of this house had planted it and gardened. So every year around this time, it blooms. Voila!

snowbunny00774 said:
:drool: you girls and your papers

I'm glad things are working out for both of you, and that you had that breakthrough VP. I know you were a bit panicked :hug:

Lila- I love that vine...the silver lace is not very exciting but anything else takes ages to grow here. I had some honeysuckle for the end of the yard near the hot tub, but now I read it's an aphid magnet :yuck: so now I'm thinking Wisteria instead.

I didn't take it that way, I just meant I probably wasn't helping the tiredness/boredness :)

We had some vine on an arbour by the side of the house, it got pretty little white flowers and grew like wildflower (but it was easy to maintain with a quick trim)

I'm trying to rember what it was called...it smelled nice too :drool:

~BrightestStar~ said:

We had some vine on an arbour by the side of the house, it got pretty little white flowers and grew like wildflower (but it was easy to maintain with a quick trim)

I'm trying to rember what it was called...it smelled nice too :drool:

Sounds like mine - It can grow 20 ft a season :yikes:

The only problem is that if I grow it over the deck it will be very close to my roof and gutters, I'll have to be sooo vigilant.

Maybe SF can have a "Help Snow maintain her back yard" component, no? :eyebrow:

~BrightestStar~ said:

:nerdlove:

I assume somewhere in the paper you'll have to try and analyze possible sources of this quirk in the population?

That is awesome though! I'm rather excited for you, I felt awful when I read how it all was going haywire on you. All that work and to have it not work out would be crushing.

So..Yay! :hyper:

And of course I want the nerdy details...I always do :p

Yeah, it doesn't make sense at all. The two depression measures correlate, and so if one of them is going to correlate with another measure, they both should. :huh: I still have something I want to try with the data (the distribution is slightly skewed, but it doesn't look like it's bad enough to screw up the results like that. I'm going to try to transform it to normalize it more, see if that helps), but that'll have to be put off till I get the methods done.

Back
Top Bottom