The Temple Bar: Yo gills ain't no match fo mah skillz...UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lila64 said:
Hubby's making a roast, not stew. :tsk:
Though he does make a good stew. May have to request that :hmm:

I used to be in love with Joe Elliot about 25 years ago. I got him to sign my 8x10 photo of him. It was at his hotel, and the staff figured I wasn't leaving til I got an autograph. Heck, they could have taken the photo and signed it themselves. I would have believed & left. They let me up to the roof of the hotel where the pool was, and Phil was in the pool, and Joe was by a table. He signed the pic, but I think he was pissed at the hotel for letting me up. I was going to the show that night or the next

:memories:

that's a great story :drool: he always seemed like a nice enough guy.

Well, I guess if you are a "star", and you let the fan(s) into the hotel where you are staying and supposedly having privacy, you might be pissed. All I wanted was the autograph, and then my boyfriend and I left (he didn't get to go up with me). I was about 19 at the time I guess. I was just gonna wait outside til he left the premises. But security, I think, didn't really want any fans lurking, and my boyfriend & I were the only ones. My old neighborhood too. I wonder where that pic is now :hmm:

ETA: I tried looking thru one spot where I thought the photo might be, no luck. Found some old tour programs, which included a $4.00 one from the US Festival '83. And Queen, The Who, Genesis, Stevie Nicks,...

Last edited:
Lila64 said:

ETA: I tried looking thru one spot where I thought the photo might be, no luck. Found some old tour programs, which included a $4.00 one from the US Festival '83. And Queen, The Who, Genesis, Stevie Nicks,...

Woooooooooow...I really was born too late.

I should have been born when my parents were so I could have been in my early 20s in 1968.

But instead I was born in 86.

My all time favorite quote from The Hunt For Red October (it's even on my facebook profile):
Listen; I'm a politician which means I'm a cheat and a liar, and when I'm not kissing babies I'm stealing their lollipops. But ... it also means I keep my options open...

Lila64 said:
Hubby's making a roast, not stew. :tsk:
Though he does make a good stew. May have to request that :hmm:

I used to be in love with Joe Elliot about 25 years ago. I got him to sign my 8x10 photo of him. It was at his hotel, and the staff figured I wasn't leaving til I got an autograph. Heck, they could have taken the photo and signed it themselves. I would have believed & left. They let me up to the roof of the hotel where the pool was, and Phil was in the pool, and Joe was by a table. He signed the pic, but I think he was pissed at the hotel for letting me up. I was going to the show that night or the next

:memories:

Awesome!! :hyper: If this were 15 years ago, I would have been so envious! lol I've read online since that he's kind of a dick. :( Not sure if it's true.

I don't like to pat myself on the back for funny things I do on the Interland, but I will.

phillyfan26 said:
I don't like to pat myself on the back for funny things I do on the Interland, but I will.

agreed. : pat:

man that delivery was fast. I had to leave the porch light off as i look like I'm doing my best crack whore impression. and I've found bruises all over my legs that I have no recollection of acquiring.

Last edited:
oh you did??? oh good! bc i got texts from you last night and i was like "OMG I HATE AMERICAN PHONES!!!!"

um...i dunno. they said they were doing phone interviews next week too, so they wouldn't make their shortlist until the week after

I've stopped shaving my chin, guys. Not that any of you know what I look like, but there it is.

Back
Top Bottom