The Temple Bar: Where The F@ck did the Summer Go? UYMFA, That's Where!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No spoken words said:
Your job sucks because:

A) Pay is bad
B) Boss is a dick/bitch
C) Work is boring
D) No chance to move up
E) Hate your coworkers

or some combo thereof?

C/E (some of them) - and sorta B - but not my boss. He's cool. His boss, however, is a dick. Mother fucker threw me under the bus the other day. Prick.

No spoken words said:
Your job sucks because:

A) Pay is bad
B) Boss is a dick/bitch
C) Work is boring
D) No chance to move up
E) Hate your coworkers

or some combo thereof?

a)
b) - but boss is boring but now he got promoted so im concerned over if/how much work i'll have left :huh:
c) - see post count
d)fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck yes :( even if they know im pursuing my degree id never get in cause i dont suck their asses
e) all but 4

Seriously? Was it in a meeting, Beav, where several people witnessed it, or was it in a smaller group.

I never understood people that cannot step up and just accept blame, rather than spreading or deflecting it.

That blows.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

a)
b) - but boss is boring but now he got promoted so im concerned over if/how much work i'll have left :huh:
c) - see post count
d)fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck yes :( even if they know im pursuing my degree id never get in cause i dont suck their asses
e) all but 4

That sucks. Can you quit and go to school strictly on the strength of loans?

UberBeaver said:

Shit. I'm hopeless. I tried though - right?

My bad.

I don't think anyone's expecting U2 knowledge miracles from you, Beav. At least you love music, that's more important than liking U2. And you're a douche bag, so there's that.

No spoken words said:
Seriously? Was it in a meeting, Beav, where several people witnessed it, or was it in a smaller group.

I never understood people that cannot step up and just accept blame, rather than spreading or deflecting it.

That blows.

Yeah, it was on a call. Someone used a phrase I had never heard before, so I asked him if he knew what it meant and he went on this diatribe about how I wasn't going to throw this back on him and I had to find it myself and blah blah blah. It was really fucking weird, man. I'd never encountered anything like it before. I asked someone else about it and apparently it's par for the course with this guy. Ugh. So now I want out. It's amazing how one person can fuck your shit up so quick.

UberBeaver said:

Isn't that the U2 song in your sig? Granted, the only line, well 2 words really, I recognized are "desert sky". I just assumed that any time that phrase is used, in a pattern such as that, it's U2. Plus the whole U2 site thing.

"da da da da da Desert Sky, da da da da da..." <--- that song. No?

lol - I :heart: you!! no, that's all my own madness after the canyon last week.

UberBeaver said:

Yeah, it was on a call. Someone used a phrase I had never heard before, so I asked him if he knew what it meant and he went on this diatribe about how I wasn't going to throw this back on him and I had to find it myself and blah blah blah. It was really fucking weird, man. I'd never encountered anything like it before. I asked someone else about it and apparently it's par for the course with this guy. Ugh. So now I want out. It's amazing how one person can fuck your shit up so quick.

Jesus Christ. What an odd bastard. But, were you liking the job prior to this? Cos if you were, don't let this prick drive you out.

snowbunny00774 said:

lol - I :heart: you!! no, that's all my own madness after the canyon last week.

Peyote? :drool: NICE! What's it like? We could never get it out here. :(

No spoken words said:

Jesus Christ. What an odd bastard. But, were you liking the job prior to this? Cos if you were, don't let this prick drive you out.

Well, the thing is he's going to be there awhile. And I've been doing this same job for awhile, and it's time to go. I think the fact that he was put in his position is the upper upper people saying, "Yeah, we're done with you guys....see what we did to you? Move out, soldier." I did like my job, but it's gotten stale. So it's just time, I think.

No spoken words said:
It was a compliment, though. You have a very vibrant personality, these people are gray, you're all color.

I think i'd be a lot better somewhere else, i took this job cause my old boss got me in which was a mistake but i was neewly on my own so i was afraid of having to ask my mom for help :mistake:

I hope i dont dissapoint when you meet me :wink:

Am I vbiratn people who have met me? :uhoh:

You hope YOU don't disappoint?

Trust me, when you meet me, you'll be so very underwhelmed by my silence and shyness in person.

Color yourself forewarned.

No spoken words said:
Do you want to stay in the same field, or shift gears?

Honestly, I don't care. I want to buy property, I want to run my own business, I want to teach, I want to write the great American novel (or a not so great one - or maybe just a movie, whatever), I want to be a cage fighter, I want to learn a second language - my brain can't stay focused on any one thing for very long. And I've got few discernible, practical talents that people will pay me for. Oh - I want to learn how to build houses, just general construction. I'd like to go to Ohio - i have no idea why, but I think it'd be nice. Same for most of the Mid West - I've never been - except to Cleveland for a few hours. I'm a fucking mess, man.

I'm in the midwest now, which boggles the mind. Stay in the Northeast until I move out of here in a few years.

Dude, I always wish I could split into 5 or 6 me's, and then one me would travel, one would write, one would teach, one would do what I now do and one would have pursued law and seen how it panned out. So I relate to a certain degree.

April, I never have a problem talking over or around or to myself when there is makeup talk or man bashing in here....:).....and we're not bonding, per se (I can'tbond with a douche bag), I'm asking him what I asked you, stuff about his job. You're far from intruding.

I'm glad I moved out of NY....been 10 years now, much longer than I expected, and I'll circle back one day, but I'm grateful to have experienced life in one other place, and now a 3rd.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
can i add i am loving my busineess law clas now i think i wanna go into family law
i wish i could do something helping the kids though - esp young ones, divorce can be so harsh

I took a business law class in college and loved it.

Maybe you can do something that helps kids while staying true to your education.

No spoken words said:
April, I never have a problem talking over or around or to myself when there is makeup talk or man bashing in here....:).....and we're not bonding, per se (I can'tbond with a douche bag), I'm asking him what I asked you, stuff about his job. You're far from intruding.

I'm glad I moved out of NY....been 10 years now, much longer than I expected, and I'll circle back one day, but I'm grateful to have experienced life in one other place, and now a 3rd.

id do anything to get to ny - or even a bourrough outside manhattan i just would ove to take the subway to work one of these years.

i'd love to do that, i do like little kids, but ones i can relate to - quiet ones and such. i was a quiet kid :) i only get this obnxious around people im confy around

Well...you're going to school....soon, you're going to get a new job and use your newly acquired degree....maybe then is the time to try NYC, and totally change everything...job, residence, etc....and if it does not work, you head back, cos Michigan aint going nowhere. Don't be the person who is on the brink of retirement regretting tons and tons of undone stuff. If you want to try NYC.....fucking do it.

You'd like to have a man over so he could turn your printer on with his ass? Fucking Michigan chicks.:crazy:

:)

I am still holding out for FOTC on DVD. I'm proud of my will power.

Back
Top Bottom