The Temple Bar: Where The F@ck did the Summer Go? UYMFA, That's Where!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

:love:

i'm bringing heels for to, watch out staircases :lol:

:wave:

i wish some of you lived closer :(

:D

Stumbling around TO together again in heels!!! Look out washrooms at the bottom of steep staircases! :madwife: :love:

And I thought you were working on that little geography problem, you know, getting rid of all those states between MI and CA :grumpy:

So, love is big...

It's bigger than us...

And love is not what you're thinking of.

(If you're not a U2 fan you probably don't know what I'm talking about... Beav)

I know that Bono tells some boy to get on his knees in one song. AND - check this skillz out - I recognized snow's sig as being from a song on Joshua Tree. Eh? See? I's learnin'! But no, I have no idea what you're talking about. :shrug:

UberBeaver said:
I know that Bono tells some boy to get on his knees in one song. AND - check this skillz out - I recognized snow's sig as being from a song on Joshua Tree. Eh? See? I's learnin'! But no, I have no idea what you're talking about. :shrug:

Three notes:

- You're thinking of "Mysterious Ways" and the line "If you want to kiss the sky, you better learn how to kneel: On your knees, boy!"

- I was referring to "Please," specifically the live version, which is one of the three greatest things U2 has ever done.

- Who's journal would possibly inspire you to join the fan site of a band you don't follow?

My first book to read in school this year is "Catcher in the Rye." I'm very excited about doing a Holden imitation in class, saying something like, "Boy, the teacher's getting high on some God damn nasal spray. He really is."

phillyfan26 said:
My first book to read in school this year is "Catcher in the Rye." I'm very excited about doing a Holden imitation in class, saying something like, "Boy, the teacher's getting high on some God damn nasal spray. He really is."

this was the only book out of th three i had to read for english that i enjoyed :up:

1 - I'm not judging Bono. Why does he call himself "sky" though? Weird.

2. - ok...never heard it.

3. - You'd need a premium account for me to tell you that. I haven't seen that person in a long time though.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
this was the only book out of th three i had to read for english that i enjoyed :up:

Boy I hate it when people enjoy things God damn it. I really do.

And Beav, I'm too cheap for a premium account, so I'll take your word that it was worth it.

Fact: New avatar time as Office season approaches.

Catcher in the Rye is great. To bug your teacher out, keep three copies of it with you at all times, cause the only thing crazier than 2 copies of Catcher in the Rye is three copies. I currently keep Catcher in the Rye in my bookshelf with the Philosophy books. I was so pleasantly amazed when one of my friends was over and he noticed that and laughed. It's nice to be understood, you know?

I love that book.

My teacher's off the deep end. In four days she has:

- Called me a "rat bastard."
- Done an impression of Flavor Flav, saying, "Man, all these bitches wanna get wit' me."
- For no reason started making jerky moves like Kramer for 30 seconds, without any explanation.
- Told us that papers are like skirts: Long enough to cover the essentials, short enough to grab your attention.

In four days.

I'm also pestering my English teacher who failed me on my fourth quarter assessment last year. Everytime I see him, I yell, "Hey! Remember the time you failed me?"

Mental warfare.

She sounds kinda hot. English teachers are always kinda wacky. I was going to be one, but I never finished the Education credits. I have the English degree though. I really should go back and finish it, cause working sucks. At least with teaching I could imitate Flavor Flav and shit.

You're male English teacher's first name isn't Mike is it? ABout 5'7". Black hair. From Northeast Philly?

phillyfan26 said:
My teacher's off the deep end. In four days she has:

- Called me a "rat bastard."
- Done an impression of Flavor Flav, saying, "Man, all these bitches wanna get wit' me."
- For no reason started making jerky moves like Kramer for 30 seconds, without any explanation.
- Told us that papers are like skirts: Long enough to cover the essentials, short enough to grab your attention.

In four days.

Damn.

Thanks pfan :up:

UberBeaver said:
She sounds kinda hot. English teachers are always kinda wacky. I was going to be one, but I never finished the Education credits. I have the English degree though. I really should go back and finish it, cause working sucks. At least with teaching I could imitate Flavor Flav and shit.

You're male English teacher's first name isn't Mike is it? ABout 5'7". Black hair. From Northeast Philly?

Indeed. Once you teach juniors, you can say whatever you want as long as it's not affecting their grade or anything.

Nope. I don't live in the city, I'm in JOP aka the Suburbs.

Back
Top Bottom