The Temple Bar: Where The F@ck did the Summer Go? UYMFA, That's Where!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup. Going to a corn maze tonight, then a bonfire afterwards. Tomorrow night I might hit up a birthday party for my friend's brother. Otherwise I intend on sleeping as much as possible.

You?

ETA - oh yeah, I also may do more searching around for a guitar. Still haven't bought one yet, but I have a week and a half until my lessons start.

oh wow! you're busy busy. you have a cool group of friends, it seems you're doing something every weekend. my local friends...not so much. i guess that's why i travel so much.

what sort of guitar are you looking for? acoustic? electric? acoustic-electric?

Hi snow! :hug:

Yeah, I'm usually doing something fun every weekend. My friends and I have been total social butterflies this summer. That's gonna slow down considerably now. I have to save money for my vacation, so I can't be going out as much.

I'm looking for an acoustic right now. I'm not too picky - I just need something functional and relatively inexpensive that I can use for a while until I can afford to buy a better guitar.

yeah i understand. i got a sweet deal for my first guitar. it is a washburn acoustic-electric. although it was used, it was (and still is!) in really great shape. i hope you find one you love!

unico said:
yeah i understand. i got a sweet deal for my first guitar. it is a washburn acoustic-electric. although it was used, it was (and still is!) in really great shape. i hope you find one you love!

Thanks! There's apparently a fantastic music store fairly close by that I'm going to check out. A friend bought a really beautiful guitar there a few months ago, and they had some great deals. I'm sure it will all work out great. :)

ThoraSEB said:
ETA - oh yeah, I also may do more searching around for a guitar. Still haven't bought one yet, but I have a week and a half until my lessons start.

I bought a guitar last November, and self-taught myself using a book. It's a Fender Strat, but now I want an acoustic too.

The guitar is something I've learned in stages. First it was chords, then I started recognizing patterns, then barre chords help make it make more sense, then the other kinds of chords became easier. Now I'm trying to learn scales (which is harder than anything I've learned yet) so that I can write riffs and solos to songs.

Playing U2 has helped a lot too. I can safely say I learned my playing through U2 songs and working them out.

phillyfan26 said:

I bought a guitar last November, and self-taught myself using a book. It's a Fender Strat, but now I want an acoustic too.

The guitar is something I've learned in stages. First it was chords, then I started recognizing patterns, then barre chords help make it make more sense, then the other kinds of chords became easier. Now I'm trying to learn scales (which is harder than anything I've learned yet) so that I can write riffs and solos to songs.

Playing U2 has helped a lot too. I can safely say I learned my playing through U2 songs and working them out.

Right on. :hi5:

I've done a lot of music in the past, and used to play the guitar 10 years ago, so it shouldn't be too difficult for me to pick it up again.

I only know the blues scale. I tought myself but I'm as an awful a teacher as I was student. So I don't play very well, though I like to say it's my own distinct style of playing - I call it Blues-Rock Awful.

My biggest issues right now are just speed things and fingering issues. I have some trouble with A-base barre chords, they're not nearly as easy as E-based. And I still can't play an F chord normally. :shrug:

Hopefully after ten years, you still know what I mean. :wink:

I usually can't remember much past a week ago. :shifty:

:laugh: oh wow F chord

it's funny, i was so excited to get a guitar, and i was awful. after a whole year i could barely play One by U2. So, on a whim, I picked up a bass. It is SO much easier! I don't have to do those nasty chords (which I suck at) and for some reason it is easier on my fingers. :heart: bass

just the other day I learned "superfreak" and "groove is in the heart"

Back
Top Bottom