The Temple Bar, where real life and dreams collide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the rockin edge

Blue Crack Addict
No longer must you wander aimlessly in search of free drinks.

That's right folks! While the Octagon may be long gone or simply dormant in the darkest depths of the Lemonade Stand, there's a new club on the scene. We have some fresh competition in the neighbourhood!

It may or may not be a giant lemon.

It's the cool new place everyone is talking about...

The Temple bar.....Would you join us?

~ Bri, Zootle n' friends.

temple-bar-2.jpg

if you don't know what song the title is from you can't come in. :angry:

unless you're Bri. :kiss:

Describe is Temple Bar's competition?? :huh:

i didnt think they was in the same league. Describe is far more established :)

:wink:

love_u2_adam said:
hey I've been here a year am i original?:shifty:

Where's your id??? Are you 18???? :mad:

j/k :wink:

Tre: about your U2 hate, did you know that Noel Gallagher was the inspiration for the most mellow song on HTDAAB?

Very emotional, this is another song that deals with Bob Hewson's death. Noel Gallagher from Oasis is mentioned at the end for he is the one who gave Bono the idea of the lyrics. To quote Edge's words: They were talking about how weird it was to know that your father's dying, and Bono was saying, I'm not sure he has a faith, whether he knows where he's going, and Noel says "Well, he's one step closer to knowing, isn't he!"

http://www.u2star.com/lyrics/album_htdaab/closer.html

:sexywink:

i got her id too :tongue:

Zootlesque said:

Where's your id??? Are you 18???? :mad:

j/k :wink:

Tre: about your U2 hate, did you know that Noel Gallagher was the inspiration for the most mellow song on HTDAAB?

Very emotional, this is another song that deals with Bob Hewson's death. Noel Gallagher from Oasis is mentioned at the end for he is the one who gave Bono the idea of the lyrics. To quote Edge's words: They were talking about how weird it was to know that your father's dying, and Bono was saying, I'm not sure he has a faith, whether he knows where he's going, and Noel says "Well, he's one step closer to knowing, isn't he!"

http://www.u2star.com/lyrics/album_htdaab/closer.html

:sexywink:

Noel :up: :drool: :combust:

i didn't know that. but he didn't write the song though, just gave bono the idea.:wink:

:up: that's what I was thinking....greedy fuckers, trying to squeeze an extra prezzie at this time of year!!

Last edited:
I'm home:happy:

Could you not tell by the waves and waves of happy rolling off me? :wink:

I couldn't be bothered to venture out today...I'll check things out tmw before work though. I need a new couch so hopefully I'll get a good deal on something.

I never even thought about calenders, thanks for mentioning them, I'll have to grab one.

I love your Kleenex cover :madjealous:

What's the next phase for everyone...what are your NYE plans?

Last edited:
I want something leather with a chaise - I was thinking
http://eq3.com/cat-eq3/30026-15.html

but then I don't know if I want a couch and a chaise - like this gorgeous thing - http://www.eq3.com/cat-eq3/splash.html

The space I'm working with is narrow so it's hard. I'll have to get out the drafting kit and sort it out in my head tmw.

I absolutely hear you on the NYE thing. I would really love to just stay in and order pizza or something and have a few drinks, maybe get in the hot tub. I have no desire to be at a bar or go to a house party, so it doesn't leave a whole lot else! I'll tell people they are more than welcome to come here if they want.

My dads here...I better go cook him something, this whole parents splitting thing is fraying my nerves. At times like this I'd love to have a clone and keep them both happy!!

Feel free to opine on the couches everyone...

Ooooh, I like it. :drool:

I am getting GA for the show. It's not in my nature to sit in a booth when U2 is concerned (even if it is a tribute band - I saw one a week ago and was front row before the second set :lol: ). :reject:

I rented V For Vendetta, gonna go watch it now. I want to get Scoop and The Notorious Bettie Page before the week is out.

:wave:

Couches: We have one similair to the first one, only the chaise part is on the left. Very comfortable. If I lay down there's a 100% chance I'm falling asleep. However, the red leather one in the second picture is hawt. Very cool in a Larry Dallas kind of way. I dig it.

New Years: Uhhh....nothing? Maybe stop by my friends, if I'm feeling dangerous.

Jesus of Nazareth: That movie messed me up as a kid, the crucifixion part. And I had a crush on the actress that played the Virgin Mary, so...yeah. I probably needed therapy or something.

Booth: I like the booth idea, but I'm still around the "75% sure I'm going mark", so I'd hate to leave you hangin' if you bought a booth.

Young Bruce: Who? Did I miss something?

Reg: Merry Christmas! How was the holiday?

Snow: How was the trip? Congrats to your bro. I don't think they get gifts. No one got me shit, but it's not like I'm fuckin bitter about it. Assholes. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom