The Temple Bar, where real life and dreams collide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bandaid.jpg

Zoot it is, consider it done.

Oh, wow, NYE, just talked about that in an insanely long journal post of mine.

To spare you the torture of reading the entry, I'm undecided.

What about you, what are you doing?

A long time ago, in the early set list thread parties, they started calling me NSW, so, that's perfect. Axver claims it stands for New South Wales, but, tough crap.

A club in NYC. Do you live there? Wait. You live in NJ. I'm from NYC originally.

NYE parties! :drool:

I know nothing about champagne, but have to bring a bottle to the party I'm going to. Do either of you know anything about it? I'm going to look tonight for a good but not too expensive kind. :)

No spoken words said:
Axver claims it stands for New South Wales, but, tough crap.

:lol:

Yeah I live in Morristown, NJ. And it's a little less than an hour's drive from here to the city.

When did u move to Cali? I visited LA for the first time this past summer. Didn't wanna come back. :drool:

I moved out here in Sep of 1997 for a job offer the 26 year old me could not pass up. Was a great decision, and it's been a fun stretch of time. I'm looking to split, though, a decade of LA is just about enough for me.

Glad you liked it here...it's a great place to come visit.

Grew up in The Bronx, parents still live there, visited for 2 weeks over Thanksgiving.

Zootlesque said:
Hi Thora :wave:

I know nothing about brands of champagne but do love the taste. :lol:

:lol: Thanks anyways!

I'm the same - I know nothing about it, but love the taste of it! :drool: I know more about beer and wine though.

Hopefully someone at the liquor store will be helpful.

Shitty luck with that trip VP, and I hope your finger is better.

LMPA - where did you go here? Couldn't have been anywhere that exciting!! One of the last times I was in Windsor was for a date too - with a guy from Detroit!

:up: on the journal NSW. I'm attempting to make an entry myself right now but it's actually even boring the crap out of me and I keep walking away!!

snowbunny00774 said:
I'm attempting to make an entry myself right now but it's actually even boring the crap out of me and I keep walking away!!

That made me lol. If you want, I'll write one and make it reaaaaaally boring so that there's no need to worry that people will think yours is boring, make sense?

WTF is disco bowling?

Disco bowling never disappoints.

Bowling disco, on the other hand, not at all fun.

Thanks, Snowbunny, for the thumbs up. I type very quickly, so, I don't give myself time to grow bored with my journal entries. In a day or two, I'll go back and read it through as opposed to just the comments and shake my head, yet again, in disbelief at myself. :)

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Speaking of journals, I haven't so much as touched mine in months. Don't miss it at all, either. Don't like to make myself too vulnerable, it's not me (at least not anymore). Kudos to those who do, though. :up:

I think that if the people I'm related to or friends with off-line were privy to the journal, I'd feel more vulnerable. It still takes some modicum of effort for me to open up like that, but, it actually helps me sometimes sort things out.

And, the feedback is typically objective, which is a positive.

What's disco bowling? It's disco....plus bowling!

:)

snowbunny00774 said:

LMPA - where did you go here? Couldn't have been anywhere that exciting!! One of the last times I was in Windsor was for a date too - with a guy from Detroit!

Too weird! How was it? Mine was pretty cool but was completely obsessed with Bob Dylan. It was a bit creepy. Of course we said we'd get together again and I never heard from him again. Just as well, he was a uni student with no money and hopes of following in Dylan's footsteps.

As for where I went in London, a few bars/clubs where the college kids made me and my friends feel ooooold. :lol:

No spoken words said:

I think that if the people I'm related to or friends with off-line were privy to the journal, I'd feel more vulnerable. It still takes some modicum of effort for me to open up like that, but, it actually helps me sometimes sort things out.

And, the feedback is typically objective, which is a positive.

What's disco bowling? It's disco....plus bowling!

:)

:up:

I think my deal with journals is this... The fact that those who were reading it were people I had met and consider(ed) good friends was a good thing, at least at first. Then a combination of things happened. I a) lost interest in keeping it up and b) that very thing I said just there sort of reversed itself. Friends don't need to know every thought running through your mind at every moment. :)

I probably sound so guarded and sooper seekrit, don't I?

oh my god when I first started my journal I recall posting a few umm personal things. then the random I had a bad day entries with the :sigh: smiley. I had to go on a few old journal entry purges- frightening. :crack:

I guess I've just developed paranoia too :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom