The Temple Bar, where real life and dreams collide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

:up:

I think my deal with journals is this... The fact that those who were reading it were people I had met and consider(ed) good friends was a good thing, at least at first. Then a combination of things happened. I a) lost interest in keeping it up and b) that very thing I said just there sort of reversed itself. Friends don't need to know every thought running through your mind at every moment. :)

I probably sound so guarded and sooper seekrit, don't I?

No, you sound like a human being. There are things in my journal I'd not dream of telling my friends. Maybe bits and pieces of it, but not all of it, in one fell swoop, to all of them. I parcel it out. For example, the Chicago thing, only one person knows about that outside of this site....and it's gonna stay that way for a while.

To be fair, I have met some interference users, and, have come to like a few of them...there are also some users I've yet to meet that I consider friends......and if they read the journal, well, that's ok with me, it'll be a crash course on how I think and feel, for better or worse. I go in spurts anyway.

VertigoGal said:
:wave:

is disco bowling just where they put all the colorful lights on and shit or something else? :hmm:

i've watched like all of season 1 disc 1 of scrubs today.
:reject:

I did not start watching the show until Season 2 started....how was Season 1? Strong, I assume?

VertigoGal said:
oh my god when I first started my journal I recall posting a few umm personal things. then the random I had a bad day entries with the :sigh: smiley. I had to go on a few old journal entry purges- frightening. :crack:

I guess I've just developed paranoia too :wink:

I recently went through and made a lot of shit private. The writer in me couldn't bear to just delete.

Yeah, I save all the real personal stuff for my private journal. I've kept a handwritten journal ever since I was 9 years old.

I didn't start watching Scrubs until it began airing on Comedy Central, believe it or not. Great show!

I watched bits and pieces of A Scanner Darkly tonight. Hate to say it, but wasn't overly impressed, and I usually love Linklater films.

No spoken words said:
I miss when I'd Tivo a few shows a week, and would watch Arrested Development and Scrubs back to back. :( Sad to see Scrubs end.

I'll have to get Season 1.

Scrubs is still on. The 6th season began airing a couple of weeks ago. :yes:

I watched the entire first season of The Office Christmas night at my mom's. She loves it now. :D

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Scrubs is still on. The 6th season began airing a couple of weeks ago. :yes:

I watched the entire first season of The Office Christmas night at my mom's. She loves it now. :D

It's still on, but this is the final season, so, that makes me sad.

LMPA - My date was okay - He talked A LOT about himself though, I think if I'd left and stuck a mirror in my chair he wouldn't have noticed :lol: He called once but I didn't bother calling him back.

Those bars eh?? yeah, I avoid them like the plague...I could get away with it till the last year or two, but now I feel like I should have a seniors bus pass when I'm in there. We do have a few other good ones though, you'll have to come back :up:

The journaling thing is weird. I put stuff in every now and then but nothing too personal. I have lots of conversations with myself ( you can all run away now :) ), about stuff I'd like to put in but then think twice about it or am just to busy/lazy depending on the day.

snowbunny00774 said:
LMPA - My date was okay - He talked A LOT about himself though, I think if I'd left and stuck a mirror in my chair he wouldn't have noticed :lol: He called once but I didn't bother calling him back.

Those bars eh?? yeah, I avoid them like the plague...I could get away with it till the last year or two, but now I feel like I should have a seniors bus pass when I'm in there. We do have a few other good ones though, you'll have to come back :up:

The journaling thing is weird. I put stuff in every now and then but nothing too personal. I have lots of conversations with myself ( you can all run away now :) ), about stuff I'd like to put in but then think twice about it or am just to busy/lazy depending on the day.

Oh god, I hate those. I can't ever decide if I want to stab them in the eye with a fork during the date or if I should stab my own out. I just smile, nod, and look pretty, then give them the blowoff when they ask about calling.

I really go in spurts with the journal. Seems like I get into these periods of time where I've got maybe too much going on in my head and it helps to type it out. Sometimes I'm sure it's too personal. I maybe should go back and read some of them, and see how it makes me feel. Today's was pretty damned personal, but, it felt right to type it and post it. Sometimes I feel self-indulgent over it, but, so be it.

I learned a long time ago that being a good listener is a pretty handly skill, personally, academically and professionally.

Now, if I could only trick women into dating me, I could display my listening skills. :)

I just started watching it with the reruns too.
that's so cool you've kept a handwritten journal that long! I wish I had but the only thing I can find is one I kept for like 2 months in the second grade haha. I use the private function sometimes though...25 times apparently. :sexywink: heh

NSW don't worry about it being personal if you feel comfortable. its just personal preference. :yes:

VertigoGal said:
NSW don't worry about it being personal if you feel comfortable. its just personal preference. :yes:

Thanks.

I'm definitely not too worried about it or I'd not do it in the first place. I guess I was just explaining my rationale more than anything else.

VertigoGal said:
I just started watching it with the reruns too.
that's so cool you've kept a handwritten journal that long! I wish I had but the only thing I can find is one I kept for like 2 months in the second grade haha. I use the private function sometimes though...25 times apparently. :sexywink: heh

I actually looked over them a few months ago. Was feeling nostalgic, I guess. Amazing how some things change so drastically, while some things remain constant throughout the years.

I'm kind of starting to think I might want to be somewhere other than here NYE. :hmm:

philip.jpg

Oh, him. I hope to make him proud. I feel like I haven't lived up to his expectations. That makes me sad. But every since the situation where my parents went away on that week's vacation, I mean, what was I supposed to do?

Doozer61 said:
are you really a snowbunny?

That's racist, Doozer, not cool. Not cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom