The Temple Bar - where everyone is lookin' good - UYFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No spoken words said:
Philly, for the record, I meant Snow and Beav. They will never say anything nice about me, but they are both smart and funny as hell, and they don't take this site or themselves too seriously.

You're a nice new addition, though. :)

:blush: thanks. and you should see us wandering the streets after a few drinks. It just gets better really.

agreed, as long as he doesn't dime us out :mad:

Last edited:
No spoken words said:

That's not all that funny. Interesting, perhaps, but it aint funny.

Bastard.

Whoops. Did I say funny? I meant ... well, I meant funny.

I go for joke. I get no laugh.

In all seriousness (well, not really), I mean intersting. Sort of.

\
where are you getting the quotes from? I'm watching a movie and can't be all over the forum.

philly - is ignore youre new phrase?

I've noticed that particular people that post in this thread have an awful habit of hijacking other threads and turning them into esoteric playgrounds. That's not good.

I bet that elevated_U2_fan ends up posting in here before the end of the year.

snowbunny00774 said:
philly - is ignore youre new phrase?

It's a coincidence.

Or a tell. Like in poker, the unconscious thing. Yeah, let's go with that. It's a tell. Sounds cooler.

did that come from a movie, it's been in my head all week and this was the first place/time it was remotley useable....is it an old saying or something?

UberBeaver said:
Hey Philly, remember when you started posting and you didn't like me. :D I remember that.

That was before I experienced the Beav. And it wasn't dislike, it was love of that IB thread.

I realized quickly that it really meant nothing.

So here we are.

I took quite a bit of heat for that if I remember.

No spoken words said:
Beav, remember when I didn't like you, and, now, like, I still don't fucking like you? LOLZ!!!

Yes. Quite clearly. And if you did start to like me I'd puke out my insides in disgust of myself. GFY.

phillyfan26 said:

That was before I experienced the Beav. And it wasn't dislike, it was love of that IB thread.

I realized quickly that it really meant nothing.

So here we are.

I took quite a bit of heat for that if I remember.

What was the IB thread? I don't remember what happened, I just know that when people get itchy, it's funny. It's nothing personal and I knew you'd get over it.* If I recall you came onto the site guns blazing too.

*I also felt that way about Bayou7483 and she never came back. Ooops. My bad.

UberBeaver said:
Hey Philly, remember when you started posting and you didn't like me. :D I remember that.

"Drop the dime" is an old saying, like Old Timers would use it. My grandfather's generation probably?

wow - how did I end up with it? the reincarnation thing must be kicking up its heels or something.

I remember that - didn't we mock him or something?

UberBeaver said:
MoFo

Mutha Fucka

Behind the Music - MoFo

The hip hop battles rarely got as bloody and violent as they did when MoFo and Mutha Fucka squared off. LA MC and Death Row recording artists Mutha Fucka was at height of fame in early 1996. His first single, "Sup Son, Yeah, You Know" could be heard around the country in every club and on every Top 40 station. MTV put the song into heavy rotation. Death Row founder called Mutha Fucka the New King of Hip Hop after he was the first artists to knock 2Pac's 3rd Postumous release from teh #1 spot.

On the Right Coast, Puf Daddy felt he had to answer Suge's newest star. He returned to the streets of Bedford Stuyvesant, BK, brithplace of Biggie and Lil Kim. What he found excited him. "Yo, he was so raw, you know? So real, you know? So fresh, you know? I had to sign him, you know? For real, you know?"

MoFo signed a three album deal. He worked with Puffy all through the summer of 96. In November of that year, Mutha Fucka released his biggest single to date, "Yeah I Fucked Your Mutha (Dat's Why They Call Me Mutha Fucka)" It shot straight to number 1.

MoFo's first single was set to drop one week later. Containing sample's of Janet Jackson's "Black Cat", MoFo's "Black Cat (HeLL YeAh) featuring Puff Daddy, Notorious BIG, Lil Kim, Busta Rhymes, Wu Tang Clan, and Dwight Yoakam" hit the charts with an apocolyptic boom. Shooting straight to number 1, selling 3 million copies in it's first month, and replacing his name as the hottest MC around.

Said Mutha Fucka, "Hello? Is anyone listening to this? He didn't write this song. This song is 10 years old. This is a Janet Jackson song. All he does is say "Hell Yeah" a bunch of times. Are you kidding me? Ya'll gonna make me lose my mind up in here."

Responded MoFo, "Yeah, well, he just jealous. For real. Yeah we sample Janet, but so what? Here, listen...ok...That's Janet, True true....hold up....ok, ready....wait....that's Janet too.....hold up....here we go - BAM, you heard that? That was me. I says 'Hell Yeah'....again. He gonna tell me this ain't my song? Get that shit outta here."

Suge Knight seeing a threat to his business ordered a hit on MoFo. On a cold January night in 1997 MoFo was shot 17 times, but somehow, miraculously, survived. In April of that year he released, "Eye No It Wuz U (U Missed Biatch)".

Puffy, unable to simply let Suge get away with such a blatant act, called in a hit on Mutha Fucka. In June of 1997, a black explorer rolled up to the LA recording studio where Mutha Fucka was recording. As he came out, witness say he was heard saying, "OK, fellas, listen. This is an act. I have a Master's Degree in English Lit. This rapping thing it's my job. OK, this whole shooting business is between Suge and Puffy. Leave me out of it." Mutha Fucka was shot 3 times, and was pronounced DOA at SoCal Hospital.

Shortly after, MoFo retired from music. He launched one last tour, the "Yo, I'm Out, Aite" tour, in October. Upon reaching the end of said tour, MoFo moved to Mobile, Alabama and opened the Friends of Jesus Christ Church where he preaches 3 times weekly. He keep a picture of Mutha Fucka on the pulpit at all times.

UberBeaver said:
I've noticed that particular people that post in this thread have an awful habit of hijacking other threads and turning them into esoteric playgrounds. That's not good.

I bet that elevated_U2_fan ends up posting in here before the end of the year.

he's canadian so it's kinda a forgone conclusion.

UberBeaver said:

Yes. Quite clearly. And if you did start to like me I'd puke out my insides in disgust of myself. GFY.

What was the IB thread? I don't remember what happened, I just know that when people get itchy, it's funny. It's nothing personal and I knew you'd get over it.* If I recall you came onto the site guns blazing too.

*I also felt that way about Bayou7483 and she never came back. Ooops. My bad.

I thought Bayou was a he, and I really liked whoever it was regardless. I don't like zumanity have that avatar

I also liked the guy who started tpbm. he had peoms. simple but nice, I liked them.

fuck off if you are going to infer that I can only understand and appreciate simple and nice :)

Last edited:
Yeah, he's allright. I like his sense of humor.

Why did you post MoFo's archnemesis? Is that a hint? I actually started working on Screwtape2's arch-nemesis today...but it sucked. I'm stuck.

I do believe in reincarnation, sorta. I don't really think that any of this is real, and that we do it over and over and over, every time it's different - sometimes real different, sometimes not much different. Maybe in a past life PHilly (cause we meet the same people over and over, cause there's only so many people) sold you out. Maybe that was in your days of hanging @ the speakeasy's during Prohibition. Philly dropped the dime. :tsk:

I wonder what I was doing then. Hm. Probably starting a church or something.

snowbunny00774 said:

oh, I remember tha. you were a jackass!! (I say that with love, you've come a long way )

I don't remember that. Might have been during one of my longer absences. Beav deserved it.

Still, don't dime us out, ok, cos you have the potential to relapse.

UberBeaver said:

Why did you post MoFo's archnemesis? Is that a hint? I actually started working on Screwtape2's arch-nemesis today...but it sucked. I'm stuck.

I posted it cos it cracks me up, that's all.

UberBeaver said:

BAW is almost too easy...

Beav, you can't force that thread. Do it when inspiration hits. Philly wants to pick up the slack. If he could fucking PM, he could send you a sample for you to peruse. But he's defective, and thus cannot PM. Stoolie.

UberBeaver said:

I do believe in reincarnation, sorta. I don't really think that any of this is real, and that we do it over and over and over, every time it's different - sometimes real different, sometimes not much different. Maybe in a past life PHilly (cause we meet the same people over and over, cause there's only so many people) sold you out. Maybe that was in your days of hanging @ the speakeasy's during Prohibition. Philly dropped the dime. :tsk:

I wonder what I was doing then. Hm. Probably starting a church or something.

I'm scared for olive guys.

I think I might have been wearing a charleston outfit.

a speakeasy sounds about right.

phily:tsk: why'd you do it? baby needed shoes :sad:

Back
Top Bottom