The Temple Bar-Where Everybody Knows your Name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redkat

Blue Crack Addict
No longer must you wander aimlessly in search of free drinks.

That's right folks! While the Octagon may be long gone or simply dormant in the darkest depths of the Lemonade Stand, there's a new club on the scene. We have some fresh competition in the neighbourhood!

It may or may not be a giant lemon.

It's the cool new place everyone is talking about...

The Temple bar.....Would you join us?

~ Bri, Zootle n' Friends

temple-bar-2.jpg

:wave:

update: still no email reply
I'm going out with the girls tonight :drool:

I have no idea what I'm gonna do in ny or how I'm gonna find my way around

redkat said:
:wave:

update: still no email reply
I'm going out with the girls tonight :drool:

I have no idea what I'm gonna do in ny or how I'm gonna find my way around

You really will be fine. It's easy to get around. Talk to Snow and LMPA and whoever else you know, and make plans...you'll all be in the same boat....in a city you do not live in looking for something to do....and there's an endless supply of options.

No spoken words said:

You really will be fine. It's easy to get around. Talk to Snow and LMPA and whoever else you know, and make plans...you'll all be in the same boat....in a city you do not live in looking for something to do....and there's an endless supply of options.

I tend to wander off but I'm gonna stick with them. Shopping or the pub actually sounds like my cup of tea.

Well, even if you do wander off...just know your hotel's address......and, as Beav said, worst comes to worst, you hop in a cab and give the cabbie the address.

You not only will be fine, but you're going to have a great time. And, lest you forget, I'll fucking be there, so, come on.

:)

I'm really excited :hyper: I think I'm gonna love it and then I'll have to go back and actually see stuff....sober

Anyone have an airmiles card? My credit cards don't give me anything and I'm sick of hearing all the nice stuff everyone else earns.

While I was running I was listening to my ipod thinking in the 80's how annie lennox and david bowie confused me. They did look alike didn't they?

redkat said:
I know I shouldn't be intimidated by such a big city :grumpy:

Don't you live in LA? LA, with OC is bigger than NYC. And you're probably not going to leave Manhattan except to get to and from the airports.

It's almost too bad that the band is playing cause then we could hang out in the bars in Brooklyn. Less crowded and more laid back.

I'm sure between all the different looks the two utilized, at some point they looked alike.

I have a continental airlines master card.

You are gonna love it. Not sure if I made mention of this or not, but, I'm gonna be there, so, how could you not love it???? Not possible. :)

UberBeaver said:

Don't you live in LA? LA, with OC is bigger than NYC. And you're probably not going to leave Manhattan except to get to and from the airports.

It's almost too bad that the band is playing cause then we could hang out in the bars in Brooklyn. Less crowded and more laid back.

Beav, there is no comparison between LA and NYC, trust me. It's not about the square mileage or anything. It's the mass. And, she is in OC, not even in LA proper, so she's basically living in the equivalent of Hartsdale or Scarsdale or East Northport, etc.

I'd prefer to hang out in Manhattan over Brooklyn any day, but, I understand why you like it there. I'd truly hate to have people fly all the way to NYC just to skip manhattan to hang in Brooklyn. I know laid back places in Westchester, but, would not want someone with few NYC experiences to go there.

yea it's the mass/density or the size of each block

I'm fine wandering around dublin or LA. I'm sure It won't be as bad as I imagine

Comparing LA to NY is just not apt. Chicago or SF or Boston would be closer to the mark. LA is insanely spread out, and the buildings are of course mostly not very tall due to easrtquakes and such. And, in LA, there are no people on the sidewalks, whereas in cities like the aforementioned, there are a lot of people out and about, making things a lot busier and hectic. That's why so many East Coast people love LA...weather is great, and it's just a lot more spread out and relaxed.

Kat, I think you've gotten enough pep talks for one night. :) Did I happen to tell you that while you're in NY, I'll......eh, forget it. :)

No spoken words said:

Kat, I think you've gotten enough pep talks for one night. :) Did I happen to tell you that while you're in NY, I'll......eh, forget it. :)

You might wanna block me, I'll have you on speed dial

redkat said:

Anyone have an airmiles card? My credit cards don't give me anything and I'm sick of hearing all the nice stuff everyone else earns.

While I was running I was listening to my ipod thinking in the 80's how annie lennox and david bowie confused me. They did look alike didn't they?

I have a Delta card. Fuckers never take my miles.

They did look alike, HAHA. I think I always knew that on a subconscious level.

I've been to LA, I know it's spread out differently, but I was thinking that if someone could find the way around there NY would be real easy. And I thought OC was more like their version of Long Island. Connected but separate.

I know that Manhattan is more funner than BK, but if you're gonna be in a bar, may as well be comfortable....

With a place like Manhattan, Beav, it's more mental than anything else. Rationally, you and I know it's easy to get around and it's mostly safe these days....but, to someone new to it, the sheer speed and enormity of it all is overwhelming. I never saw it that way until I moved here, then started visiting NYC 2-3x a year....that's when it really hit me and I saw things from a visitor's perspective.

Manhattan has a lot of quiet bars, at least it did when I used to got there a lot....some smaller Irish Pubs in or around the Upper East Side...Ryan's Daughter was one, we loved going there to just relax. But, Manhattan also has a lot of packed places, agreed.

OC is a little bit Wastechester, a little bit Strong Island.

I'm a big fan of small Irish pubs :love: bet you'd never guess that.

I'm comfy in San Fran too. It's all in my head.

I'm off... the friend hosting tonight usually makes homemade Indian food :drool:
If she got take out :madwife:

I host in April do you think anyone will beg me for homemade Irish food? :wink:

see you later guys :wave:

Back
Top Bottom