The Temple Bar-Where Everybody Knows your Name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: I'd forgotten about Kennedy. I really liked her at first... then she became annoying as hell. :mad:

wasn't she a conservative commentator for a while?

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
You know, speaking of, I never really got what was so big about that band.

You and me both.

Matt Pinfield, good lord, why is that dude even allowed to live? Some shadowy council somewhere should have ordered his termination ages ago.

Beav, I went back and read my poem to you and it made me laugh again. I do hear you re: movies that critics savage that turn out to not be quite that bad..

Is Pinfield still on?

I got my Ireland ticket :dancing: Only a two hour atlanta layover but my whole family will be on the same flight :yikes:

if this doesn't terminate my brothers relationship they were meant to be :)

redkat said:
Is Pinfield still on?

I got my Ireland ticket :dancing: Only a two hour atlanta layover but my whole family will be on the same flight :yikes:

if this doesn't terminate my brothers relationship they were meant to be :)

That's good news, overall.

How long has your brother been in his current relationship?

No spoken words said:
Beav, I went back and read my poem to you and it made me laugh again.

Funny you should mention that. I was just in the middle writing a discourse on how I feel "Leaves of Grass", "Fire and Ice" and "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" have been made irrelevant in the realm of American Poetry earlier this morning due to "Fucktard (Ode to a Beaver)" being publically released.

Here's the opening:

"Eliot? GFY, monkey boy. Frost? lol. Whitman? You deserve that bullshit mall in Suffolk county. You've all been made irrelevant by a fella named, ironically enough, No Spoken Words. Have any of these American greats ever used "fucktard"? No. Sure Poe had Nevermore, but even that falls short* of the all emcompassing brilliance of "fucktard". "

That's my intro, what do you think?

* Many will argue that the word "fuckwit" holds court above "fucktard", this however falls under the realm of English literature. See a few pages back.

UberBeaver said:

Funny you should mention that. I was just in the middle writing a discourse on how I feel "Leaves of Grass", "Fire and Ice" and "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" have been made irrelevant in the realm of American Poetry earlier this morning due to "Fucktard (Ode to a Beaver)" being publically released.

Here's the opening:

"Eliot? GFY, monkey boy. Frost? lol. Whitman? You deserve that bullshit mall in Suffolk county. You've all been made irrelevant by a fella named, ironically enough, No Spoken Words. Have any of these American greats ever used "fucktard"? No. Sure Poe had Nevermore, but even that falls short* of the all emcompassing brilliance of "fucktard". "

That's my intro, what do you think?

* Many will argue that the word "fuckwit" holds court above "fucktard", this however falls under the realm of English literature. See a few pages back.

Brilliant!

:hmm:

American. I know, you hate me now.

I just want to be Pam, damnit. :lol:

I'll get around to Series 2 of the BBC one one of these years, I swear.

Beav might hate you for this....I don't, I just think you're a little confused is all. :)

Watch Season 2.

:hmm:

American. I know, you hate me now.

I just want to be Pam, damnit. :lol:

I'll get around to Series 2 of the BBC one one of these years, I swear.

You know, I think Pam might be the one American character i like better than the English counterpart, and I liked Dawn.

Gareth > Dwight.
David > Michael
Tim > Jim

Wait:
Ryan > The guy that slept with David's neice.

I vary my office hijinks up, LMPA. Sometimes, it's subtle, and sometimes it's overt.

I'm with you on Ryan, not a fan. The actor that plays him is an Exec Producer on the show, though. I love Jim to death, but, Tim's even better, at least in my opinion. I definitely like the NBC version a lot, but I LOVED the BBC version. A few minutes ago I said out loud "Fuck you Walt Whitman", and 2 people have since e-mailed me asking why I dislike him.....hard to reply to them with "Ah, it was something the Beav said", you know?

ETA - But I can do a really putrid British accent, so keep that in mind. I now want to call one of you in my horrid accent and tell you to "fuck off" and then hang up. I will once again state that I'm 36 years old.

UberBeaver said:
I think Ryan's kind of funny. He's a complete dick.

Being as how we both have NY accents, I don't think anyone is going to confuse our office for England.

Yeah, he is. He's made me laugh before, but I'm clueless as to why he's even a lead.

I was up late enough to catch a repeat of Conan with Rainn Wilson but fell asleep right before he came on. :grumpy: I've never seen Dwight without his Dwightishness.

Ok, so when do I start? :lol:

No spoken words said:
I vary my office hijinks up, LMPA. Sometimes, it's subtle, and sometimes it's overt.

I'm with you on Ryan, not a fan. The actor that plays him is an Exec Producer on the show, though. I love Jim to death, but, Tim's even better, at least in my opinion. I definitely like the NBC version a lot, but I LOVED the BBC version. A few minutes ago I said out loud "Fuck you Walt Whitman", and 2 people have since e-mailed me asking why I dislike him.....hard to reply to them with "Ah, it was something the Beav said", you know?

:lol:

You should email them that, just to see what the response would be!

Back
Top Bottom